PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Jones Info

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Interesting info on the Kobe Jones/Rebel Rags case was just posted by Will Sammon.

Of note: Kobe provided the NCAA with a Rebel Rags business card that had the hand written name & cell phone number of Ashley Grantham, Terry Warren's daughter, on it. The NCAA was then able to determine that the hand writing was Grantham's.

Interesting how that evidence was left out of the Rebel narrative. Not saying it's a smoking gun, but it's obviously critical information to the case.

Just remember that every article put out by an OM source is slanted in this way. You only hear information that supports them

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Another interesting tidbit in the Sammons article - the "conspiracy" now includes the 3 defendants (jones, lewis, and miller) and "MSU staff, a NCAA staff person and a fanbase MSU site" - IT"S BEEN AN ELITEDAWG CONSPIRACY ALL ALONG!!

These ****ers are going nuclear and are going to get burned.

JoseBrown
08-28-2017, 03:26 PM
That's more of a smoking gun than much of what was in the Godfrey article: hearsay, documents not available and sources not named.

BrickCityDawgs
08-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Ashley Grantham...wife of Ole Miss Head Coach Matt Luke

Pollodawg
08-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Oh, and since I know you read here, memphisstatefan.fart, Steve spent around twenty minutes of the show today talking about the Godfrey article. You have to be the single wrongest person on the internet. But I've come to the conclusion that OM will never just accept the fact that they're done. That they're caught. That they're screwed. Their hayseed brains can't fathom it.

JDog13
08-28-2017, 03:44 PM

No

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 03:45 PM
So there just happens to be 2 Ashley Granthams running around Oxford?

or

Luke's wife is now Ashley Luke but formerly Ashley Grantham while Warren's daughter is formerly Ashley Warren but married a guy named Grantham.

If so, it's one hell of a coincidence. It's not like it's a popular name

http://i.imgur.com/x0OUvi5.jpg

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Jeezus - the cheating is so inbred at that place. No wonder they named Luke interim - he needs a pay bump before the show cause.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Jeezus - the cheating is so inbred at that place. No wonder they named Luke interim - he needs a pay bump before the show cause.

I don't think they are same person. Both, however, have been Ashley Grantham at some point in their lives.

HSVDawg
08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
So there just happens to be 2 Ashley Granthams running around Oxford?

or

Luke's wife is now Ashley Luke but formerly Ashley Grantham while Warren's daughter is formerly Ashley Warren but married a guy named Grantham.

If so, it one hell of a coincidence. It's not like it's a popular name

http://i.imgur.com/x0OUvi5.jpg

Yes. This was debunked a few weeks ago. The Ashley Grantham that is married to Luke is an MSU grad. And her last name isn't Grantham anymore.

Turfdawg67
08-28-2017, 03:52 PM

Geez... they are truly the gift that keeps on giving!!

Pollodawg
08-28-2017, 04:00 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/report-lawyer-shoots-collusion-accusation-involving-dan-mullen-kobe-jones-rebel-rags-case

Perpetual Underachiever
08-28-2017, 04:03 PM
I'd say this is as close to a smoking gun as there has been in the RR case. I'm sure they'll come up with a decent spin, as always, but we all know better.

Nothing to see here! Exemplary Customer Service! Ashley hands out business cards, with their personal cell # written on the card, to every customer!**

Copied from their website:
http://www.rebelrags.net/info/customer-service

Rebel Rags is known for our outstanding Customer Service.
If you have any problems, please contact us at (877) 281-7327 or rebelrags@bellsouth.net or you can fax us at (662) 236-5367.

Owner: Terry F. Warren
Manager: Ashley W. Grantham
Webmaster: Scott Bush
Management Staff: Paige Parks
Along with a wonderful staff of Sales Clerks and Stock workers.

BrickCityDawgs
08-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Yes. This was debunked a few weeks ago. The Ashley Grantham that is married to Luke is an MSU grad. And her last name isn't Grantham anymore.

Ah I see. Didn't see that and just connected the dots I thought were there.

MSUDawg99
08-28-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm going to make this my new signature on Elitedawgs once I learn how to.

“Thats just more Ole Miss lies for the Ole Miss people who believe it, and I don’t think there are very many of them left who believe it.” - Chris Shapley (Kobe's atty)

Pollodawg
08-28-2017, 04:29 PM
It's hilarious that they think Rebel Rags suit will go forward after the COI. I foresee that quietly going away.

BeastMan
08-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Guys, damn near everything is going to stick. Greg Christopher loves Mullen and is going to do his friend a solid. OM is going to get the worst sanctions since SMU.

QuadrupleOption
08-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Another interesting tidbit in the Sammons article - the "conspiracy" now includes the 3 defendants (jones, lewis, and miller) and "MSU staff, a NCAA staff person and a fanbase MSU site" - IT"S BEEN AN ELITEDAWG CONSPIRACY ALL ALONG!!

These ****ers are going nuclear and are going to get burned.

Wait ... wait ... wait. It gets even better than that.

The main point of Rebel Rags’ complaint in its lawsuit against Jones, his teammate Leo Lewis and Kobe Jones, and Lindsey Miller, Laremy Tunsil’s estranged stepfather, is that there was an “overarching conspiracy” involving the three defendants.

and

Clarksdale-based attorney Charles Merkel hired Lopaz, the owner of Jones Investigation Services of the South, LLC, to serve the summons to Kobe and Telesia. Lopaz was a member of the Ole Miss football team from 1985-88 and he declined to comment when contacted by The Clarion-Ledger.

So am I reading this right? RR claims conspiracy, and tries to use a supposed conversation conveniently overheard by an ex-Ole Miss football player, who WAS HIRED BY THE LAWYER OF THE PLAINTIFF, to prove said conspiracy?

My only response:

https://m.popkey.co/fd1a6f/LW9dA.gif

Pollodawg
08-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Wait ... wait ... wait. It gets even better than that.

and

So am I reading this right? RR claims conspiracy, and tries to use a supposed conversation conveniently overheard by an ex-Ole Miss football player, who WAS HIRED BY THE LAWYER OF THE PLAINTIFF, to prove said conspiracy?

My only response:

https://m.popkey.co/fd1a6f/LW9dA.gif

This. A thousand times this.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Guys, damn near everything is going to stick. Greg Christopher loves Mullen and is going to do his friend a solid. OM is going to get the worst sanctions since SMU.

This is what everyone seems to forget. Everyone should go back and read the thread you started about our relationships with the NCAA, SEC, and other institutions. We have built up quite the network of allies, and as a result we will have ZERO repercussions from the OM investigation.

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/996/b7/d29c741aa18f2241fbaa5cb9011e37ce.jpg

beretta
08-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Not the same person, I promise.....the state grad grantham is good looking....the RR UM graduate grantham is not....

State82
08-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Not the same person, I promise.....the state grad grantham is good looking....the RR UM graduate grantham is not....

Just as it should be

Mimi's Babies
08-28-2017, 06:48 PM
I don't think they are same person. Both, however, have been Ashley Grantham at some point in their lives.

The women are 2 different women.... Take a look on FB..... I will post the link to the "WARREN" daughter....
https://www.facebook.com/ashleywgrantham

Bucky Dog
08-28-2017, 06:55 PM
And isn't Dan the head of the NCAA competition and rules committee or something like that for coaches?

msbulldog
08-28-2017, 07:19 PM
And isn't Dan the head of the NCAA competition and rules committee or something like that for coaches?

Was term expired.

Bucky Dog
08-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Was term expired.

So you're saying there's a chance?!

msbulldog
08-28-2017, 07:32 PM
So you're saying there's a chance?!

???

Dawgfan77
08-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Was term expired.
Oh shit you just gave them ammo. Godfrey or yancy will have another article out tomorrow saying he had to step down. Which is true since his term had expired

HSVDawg
08-28-2017, 07:54 PM

Forgive the lengthy manifesto, but the entire OM arguments against their upcoming punishment have gotten so legalistic that it is hilarious. First it's "but but but Rebel Rags doesn't use ink tags and Leo said they did!" while completely ignoring identical allegations from 2 other sources, EIGHTY-EIGHT phone calls between 2 different assistant coaches and the owner of Rebel Rags that corresponded almost perfectly with recruiting weekends, and things like the Rags business card. Then it was "but but but the Chick fil a receipt!" while completely ignoring the dozens of text messages between Leo and Booster 14 as well as texts between Booster 14 and a member of the coaching staff. Ole Miss has left metaphorical blood, semen, urine, you name it across a swath of about 30 different recruiting crime scenes (that we know about), and they are standing up and yelling about how the glove doesn't fit.

Finally, they are trying to drag us down with them with the latest articles from last week. It's funny that OM fans don't understand that, because of the immunity deal, none of this is about whether or not an MSU booster paid Leo. But what's even funnier that they don't understand, and this is really key but not often addressed, is that it's not about whether an OM booster paid him or other players either. The entire crux of this investigation is about the obvious coordination of all of these improper benefits by the coaching staff. That is what the NCAA set in its crosshairs as soon as "I'd have to say yeah" happened. They never did nail Tunsil, but the text messages exposed enough for them to find at least half a dozen other direct connections between coaches and illegal benefits. All of which weren't nearly as eye catching, but were still absolutely just as bad on paper as a $300 water bill. They don't have answers as to why 3 or 4 different members of the coaching staff had regular contact with multiple boosters. They haven't been able to answer why those same boosters had documented contact with prospects. They haven't been able to answer why Freeze had a booster with him at his house during a weekend official visit. None of that ever will get answered. And that is why they will fry.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Kobe's lawyer issues statement.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/report-lawyer-shoots-collusion-accusation-involving-dan-mullen-kobe-jones-rebel-rags-case/amp

confucius say
08-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Forgive the lengthy manifesto, but the entire OM arguments against their upcoming punishment have gotten so legalistic that it is hilarious. First it's "but but but Rebel Rags doesn't use ink tags and Leo said they did!" while completely ignoring identical allegations from 2 other sources, EIGHTY-EIGHT phone calls between 2 different assistant coaches and the owner of Rebel Rags that corresponded almost perfectly with recruiting weekends, and things like the Rags business card. Then it was "but but but the Chick fil a receipt!" while completely ignoring the dozens of text messages between Leo and Booster 14 as well as texts between Booster 14 and a member of the coaching staff. Ole Miss has left metaphorical blood, semen, urine, you name it across a swath of about 30 different recruiting crime scenes (that we know about), and they are standing up and yelling about how the glove doesn't fit.

Finally, they are trying to drag us down with them with the latest articles from last week. It's funny that OM fans don't understand that, because of the immunity deal, none of this is about whether or not an MSU booster paid Leo. But what's even funnier that they don't understand, and this is really key but not often addressed, is that it's not about whether an OM booster paid him or other players either. The entire crux of this investigation is about the obvious coordination of all of these improper benefits by the coaching staff. That is what the NCAA set in its crosshairs as soon as "I'd have to say yeah" happened. They never did nail Tunsil, but the text messages exposed enough for them to find at least half a dozen other direct connections between coaches and illegal benefits. All of which weren't nearly as eye catching, but were still absolutely just as bad on paper as a $300 water bill. They don't have answers as to why 3 or 4 different members of the coaching staff had regular contact with multiple boosters. They haven't been able to answer why those same boosters had documented contact with prospects. They haven't been able to answer why Freeze had a booster with him at his house during a weekend official visit. None of that ever will get answered. And that is why they will fry.

Standing golf clap. Very true stuff.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Today, Not-A-Fan-Neal opined on how Starkville folks didn't understand the word "editorialize"....apparently because we are either too stupid, or as he said, it's a word "with more syllables than we have teeth". Any psych professionals out there: I present you Neal Mccreaty, a man so professional and above reproach, his feelings of entitlement and superiority make for a great day-time soap opera....or a case-study to research sociopaths.

That was cute, Neal...you little pretentious c<nt. Let's compare the academic standards of MSU and ULM, lol. For the love of God, I'd pay money to have a conversation with you on anything scholarly, academic, or "learned"...what ever you want. I'd even let you choose the topic.

You call yourself a journalist....but stop and take notice: your only mediums of outreach are a fan-site forum and a podcast. And the best part is you spend a third of the time plugging those shitty Oxford companies who pay your rent. You talk like you're on the same playing field as other national sports writers and journalists [the envy in your voice is palpable, dude], but I don't see them having to whore themselves out like that. What does that make you, baby cakes?

shrimp
08-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Today, Not-A-Fan-Neal opined on how Starkville folks didn't understand the word "editorialize"....apparently because we are either too stupid, or as he said, it's a word "with more syllables than we have teeth". Any psych professionals out there: I present you Neal Mccreaty, a man so professional and above reproach, his feelings of entitlement and superiority make for a great day-time soap opera....or a case-study to research sociopaths.

That was cute, Neal...you little pretentious c<nt. Let's compare the academic standards of MSU and ULM, lol. For the love of God, I'd pay money to have a conversation with you on anything scholarly, academic, or "learned"...what ever you want. I'd even let you choose the topic.

You call yourself a journalist....but stop and take notice: your only mediums of outreach are a fan-site forum and a podcast. And the best part is you spend a third of the time plugging those shitty Oxford companies who pay your rent. You talk like you're on the same playing field as other national sports writers and journalists [the envy in your voice is palpable, dude], but I don't see them having to whore themselves out like that. What does that make you, baby cakes?

Tommy likey!

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2017, 07:30 AM
Not to make any excuses for these people, but it's important to remember that many of these people are fighting for their lively hoods.

My guess is that the last 5 years of Ole Miss recruiting was great for business, but what's coming on the horizon is not.

Of the 3 major OM sites (Spririt, 247, Rebel Grove) it'll be interesting to see if all 3 survive the economic downturn that's about to happen. The 247/Spirit merger will give them enough subscribers to survive, but there will be cancellations when fans lose interest.

So, when they write propaganda pieces, keep in mind that it may be a business decision to do so and not necessarily a fan boy decision. These guys have position themselves to stay in business during the suckage

LC Dawg
08-29-2017, 07:32 AM

Outstanding!

Political Hack
08-29-2017, 07:58 AM
When you're drowning in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by pissed off sharks that know they've been lied to, you'll grab a hold of anything that floats no matter how ridiculous it is. As I've said for a while, it's time to sit back, enjoy their belligerent spin attempts, and slyly grin when the reaper walks into the room.

Everyone knows it now. It's as undeniable as it is inevitable. It's coming. And there's nothing they can do about it.

notsofarawaydawg
08-29-2017, 09:56 AM
After looking at Ashley's FB page, I'm just wondering if she will post Hugh's arrest and mugshot on her FB page when it happens? I see on LinkedIn that she's a pageant judge and coach also. Do her recruits and participants get free merchandise from RR? **

Coursesuper
08-29-2017, 10:02 AM
When you're drowning in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by pissed off sharks that know they've been lied to, you'll grab a hold of anything that floats no matter how ridiculous it is. As I've said for a while, it's time to sit back, enjoy their belligerent spin attempts, and slyly grin when the reaper walks into the room.

Everyone knows it now. It's as undeniable as it is inevitable. It's coming. And there's nothing they can do about it.

This is spot on, sit back with a fine Montecristo White enjoy carnage.