PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Russell

Dawgfan77
09-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Based on his tweet I don't expect him to play tomorrow.

Dawgface
09-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I hope he gets well soon. I am glad Dak in playing, but hate to see Tyler go through his final year hurt.

msstate7
09-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Could Tyler get medical redshirt and transfer to a school with graduate program we don't offer next season?

Coach34
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
probably so-but I think he probably rides it out and then tries to make something happen at the combine

Dawg61
09-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Could Tyler get medical redshirt and transfer to a school with graduate program we don't offer next season?

Good question. I would think so, this is a decent option for him I think. A better passing offense might raise his draft stock. Imagine him in a Texas Tech offense or similar.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 08:34 AM
maybe W. Kentucky under Petrino
Boston College is losing their QB
VT is losing their QB
Washington

cheewgumm
09-20-2013, 08:35 AM
How about USC

msstate7
09-20-2013, 08:43 AM
maybe W. Kentucky under Petrino
Boston College is losing their QB
VT is losing their QB
Washington

Lsu. They run pistol formations all the time. He'd get to stick it to Dan. I don't know if we have to actually release him or what. If he can just transfer without our consent, I could see TR and lsu being interested

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Am I the only one that is thinking on this scene from Any given Sunday:

http://superiorpics.com/movie_pictures/mp/1999_Any_Given_Sunday/cameron_diaz_james_woods_any_given_sunday_001.jpg

Im just glad its happening.

#TeamDak

Dawgfan77
09-20-2013, 08:53 AM
His best option if he wants to play is a FCS school for one year Jacksonville state or something like that. But what if dak goes down do you go back to Tyler or Williams

Coach34
09-20-2013, 08:54 AM
USC?? LSU???

Those arent serious questions huh?

Coach34
09-20-2013, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=Dawgfan77;54060 But what if dak goes down do you go back to Tyler or Williams[/QUOTE]

well, thats the problem. If Dak were to go down we would need Tyler to step in.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2013, 08:55 AM
His best option if he wants to play is a FCS school for one year Jacksonville state or something like that. But what if dak goes down do you go back to Tyler or Williams

You go back to Tyler if he's healthy!

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2013, 08:58 AM

Im not sure, it would have to be a sixth year, which is tougher to get. I guess its possible, I thought they closed the loophole that you could transfer to other FBS schools after you graduate? Or is that an SEC rule thanks to the bears.

cheewgumm
09-20-2013, 08:58 AM
He'd start at USC and go pro. Though I would say " not so serious" . Still.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 08:59 AM
You go back to Tyler if he's healthy!

I think we are going to stay with the read option offense and whichever QB runs it better will play.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 09:00 AM
He'd start at USC and go pro. Though I would say " not so serious" . Still.

Mitch Mustain thought that too

cheewgumm
09-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I can't make Mitch Mustain not suck. Fact is USC's sucks. They don't have a good quarterback. They run a pro style o. Every quarterback they have goes pro. Anyway that's my case for USC.

C222
09-20-2013, 09:10 AM

Is this a serious question?

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 09:16 AM
WTF? are y'all serious? Tyler is still the starting QB and now the board is trying to transfer him out or make him 3rd string???

At worst, he'll split reps with Dak when he's healthy.

bocfarm
09-20-2013, 09:23 AM
WTF? are y'all serious? Tyler is still the starting QB and now the board is trying to transfer him out or make him 3rd string???

I know this is hilarious reading...good lord

DownwardDawg
09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
I think we are going to stay with the read option offense and whichever QB runs it better will play.

I meant if Dak gets hurt.

slickdawg
09-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Tyler already used his redshirt year, he's a 5th year senior. He might be able to get a medical redshirt for a 6th year, but those are pretty rare.

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
he'd have to show that he redshirted during his freshman year because of injury. It's a low threshold, but he's not sitting 6-7 games this season for a chance to get a medical next year.

bocfarm
09-20-2013, 10:29 AM
He'll easily be back for the LSU game and he will play

'Merica Dawg
09-20-2013, 10:30 AM
he's have to show that he redshirted during his freshman year because of injury. It's a low threshold, but he's not sitting 6-7 games this season for a chance to get a medical next year.

bump.... I think we will see a Dak/Tyler combo versus LSU.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Hack, I suspect it's more people like TR & feel for him, so would like to see him get a better shot in a system that fits him.

'Merica Dawg
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Hack, I suspect it's more people like TR & feel for him, so would like to see him get a better shot in a system that fits him.

I am still baffled at how we cant sharpen the edges on the round hole to make Tyler fit. Even a child knows a Square peg won't go into a round hole. Maybe the staff thought if the hole got bigger, technically it would fit?

Jack Lambert
09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
probably so-but I think he probably rides it out and then tries to make something happen at the combine

I kind of think Mullen talked to Russell about his options. I say that because Mullen burned Williams red shirt so early and in the Alcorn game. I am just guessing but I would not be surprise if Mullen and Russell have discussed options.

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Tyler Russell will end up being the hero this year, book it. I don't know how the season exactly plays out, but you watch, that dude is going to devastate Arkansas and Ole Miss to end the year.

msstate7
09-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Tyler Russell will end up being the hero this year, book it. I don't know how the season exactly plays out, but you watch, that dude is going to devastate Arkansas and Ole Miss to end the year.

I'll take it. It's sad that our hero will rescue us by getting us to 6-6 maybe 7-5. Again though, I'll take it

Dawgface
09-20-2013, 11:52 AM

I've always said, I don't care who plays QB as long as he does a good job and we win. If it turns out to be Tyler later in the year, that's OK with me.

Todd4State
09-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I am still baffled at how we cant sharpen the edges on the round hole to make Tyler fit. Even a child knows a Square peg won't go into a round hole. Maybe the staff thought if the hole got bigger, technically it would fit?

Even Bobby Hall can make his offense work with different QB's.

Coach 57
09-20-2013, 12:43 PM
If you read Damian Williams' tweet it kinda tells you. "Took that spot like I knew he would."

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2013, 12:47 PM
If you read Damian Williams' tweet it kinda tells you. "Took that spot like I knew he would."

Yeah that tells me that Tyler was cleared to play, but Dan is sticking with Dak.

Not surprising that one LA boy is backing another LA boy.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Not surprising that one LA boy is backing another LA boy.

Or he could just see what most others see at how obvious it is as to who should be the QB

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Well according to your preseason prediction, that should put us at 8 or 9 wins right? I believe your preseason talk was 8 or 9 wins and that I was an idiot for thinking Dak should be starting over Tyler. I was also an idiot for thinking we would be lucky to win 6 games this year. Damn, sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so good.*

'Merica Dawg
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Well according to your preseason prediction, that should put us at 8 or 9 wins right? I believe your preseason talk was 8 or 9 wins and that I was an idiot for thinking Dak should be starting over Tyler. I was also an idiot for thinking we would be lucky to win 6 games this year. Damn, sometimes I wish I wasn't quite so good.*

[slow clap]

hacker
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM

Ouch.

I hate it when people say "book it" on their predictions. Shit, anything can happen. Quit being so cocky and admit that your guess is as good as mine.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Ouch.

I hate it when people say "book it" on their predictions. Shit, anything can happen. Quit being so cocky and admit that your guess is as good as mine.

Haha, I'm just messing around. In all honesty, if it meant winning 7 or 8 games (or really even 6), give me a Tyler Russell comeback for the ages this season.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I still think we will beat Troy, BG, UK, Arky, Ole Miss, and have a shot at LSU if the coaching staff gets their head outta their asses. And as highly ranked as SCar is, they've looked flawed as well. Yes, our play-calling has to improve drastically versus the LSU's & SCar's, but we seem to have the personnel. Plus, if we get to 6 or 7, we could pick up another win in our bowl game.

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Not sure why you're chastising me. If you think about it logically, we SHOULD have beaten Auburn. We'd be well on our way to winning 8 had we done that. Oh well, I was wrong, but I don't see why it's so far-fetched, when looking at our team, that I would have predicted that.

On the Dak/Tyler stuff, come on. See my other post about Dak being disappointing at best. Tyler would have hit Lewis about 4 times across the middle of the field. But, he also wouldn't have broken those runs. We'll never know. Dak will be good next year hopefully.

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Tyler would've thrown for 300 and change against that porous secondary. Perk would've carried it 20 ones instead of 8. JRob would've touched it 6-10 times instead of 4. More than 3 WRs would've touched the ball. We would've spread it out and been more difficult to defend.

I have no clue how the game would've ended, but personally I think we would've scored 35+ against that D.

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 02:27 PM
If Dak and had taken the offense down the field for one more TD in the 4th quarter, then we could have this conversation. But he didn't get it done. And don't give me the "It's his first SEC start on the road" crap. I realize that. But we're playing in the here and now. Who's the guy that will help us win in 2013, not 2014 and beyond. I think we all know Dak will be a good one in 2014 and 2015. But I don't see that he's better than Russell RIGHT NOW.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Tyler would've thrown for 300 and change against that porous secondary. Perk would've carried it 20 ones instead of 8. JRob would've touched it 6-10 times instead of 4. More than 3 WRs would've touched the ball. We would've spread it out and been more difficult to defend.

I have no clue how the game would've ended, but personally I think we would've scored 35+ against that D.

Considering Russell has never done this to a team that has won more than 4 games in a season- I think you are living in Fantasyland

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 02:44 PM
I think so too. LSU has Auburn and then Georgia leading up to us, with Florida following it. We completely wasted an opportunity at Auburn, but we can redeem ourselves against LSU. Drop that one, and it's a fight to even get bowl eligible. Which is a damn shame considering our talent.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Not sure why you're chastising me. If you think about it logically, we SHOULD have beaten Auburn. We'd be well on our way to winning 8 had we done that. Oh well, I was wrong, but I don't see why it's so far-fetched, when looking at our team, that I would have predicted that.

On the Dak/Tyler stuff, come on. See my other post about Dak being disappointing at best. Tyler would have hit Lewis about 4 times across the middle of the field. But, he also wouldn't have broken those runs. We'll never know. Dak will be good next year hopefully.

Not chastising....consider it "****ing with you" instead. No worries.

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Considering Russell has never done this to a team that has won more than 4 games in a season- I think you are living in Fantasyland

it's against ED rules to use my own insults against me.

TR has never been a Sr before this year and has never had this much size on the outside. Also, Auburn doesn't have 4 wins and would'nt be there until late October or November had TR played.

hacker
09-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Haha, I'm just messing around. In all honesty, if it meant winning 7 or 8 games (or really even 6), give me a Tyler Russell comeback for the ages this season.

If I wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you & referring to Goat being cocky with predictions.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
If I wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you & referring to Goat being cocky with predictions.

Oh, I misunderstood you

hacker
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Oh, I misunderstood you

Ha, sorry. I bet you thought I was an asshole for a minute. That's what I get for using "you" in the general sense.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Ha, sorry. I bet you thought I was an asshole for a minute. That's what I get for using "you" in the general sense.

Haha

Goat Holder
09-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Not chastising....consider it "****ing with you" instead. No worries.

Might want to let the season play out before you "**** with" people. Just sayin'. Nothing you have predicted has come true yet.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Might want to let the season play out before you "**** with" people. Just sayin'. Nothing you have predicted has come true yet.

It's not as fun to mess with people if you let it fully play out. Lighten up man. And yes, 1 thing I predicted happened....Dak opened up our run game just like I said he would. And I believe there were a few others as well.

Goat Holder
09-21-2013, 12:06 PM
And yes, 1 thing I predicted happened....Dak opened up our run game just like I said he would. And I believe there were a few others as well.

Against Auburn. Auburn sucks, and we should have won, but we didn't. Dak isn't the savior yet. Our offensive issues are not as easy as just plugging in a running QB.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Against Auburn. Auburn sucks, and we should have won, but we didn't. Dak isn't the savior yet. Our offensive issues are not as easy as just plugging in a running QB.

I didn't say he was the savior. I just said our offense would be better with him as QB. Our offense is still not great, but it's far better than what we've seen with Russell out there. And Auburn's D was probably better than OSU's, and we see how that turned out with ya boy at the reigns.

smootness
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Or he could just see what most others see at how obvious it is as to who should be the QB

Or that tweet could have nothing to do with the football team.

It amazes me how many people take random, generic tweets by college athletes and make all kinds of assumptions about what they might be talking about.

SignalToNoise
09-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Or that tweet could have nothing to do with the football team.

It amazes me how many people take random, generic tweets by college athletes and make all kinds of assumptions about what they might be talking about.

Considering the circumstances no one is exactly going out on a limb by thinking his tweet has something to do with football. I'm not sure how you can even call it random and generic, given the timing of it.

Allformullet
09-21-2013, 12:53 PM
I brush my mommy's hair in the nursing home every day

Dawg61
09-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I brush my mommy's hair in the nursing home every day

Awww that's so nice of you