PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lashley 3rd Strang At Bammer

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Whelp

He's probably done there if he's 3rd strang at this point. Should transfer now to ICC or something. Pathetic

Wommack appears to be the guy. Gotta keep guys like him at home

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIVQ34YXYAEMuZM.jpg:large

state66
08-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Is he not a redshirt freshman?

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 12:39 PM

Yes, but Wommack is a sophomore & Wills is a FR.

Throw that in with the fact that they have a 92 rated OT committed & appear to be "in play" with 3 other 97 rated OTs.

He's already behind & will get buried by new recruits

I mean, sure, he could probably stick around & start his SR year, but who throws away being a 3 or 4 year SEC starter to start for Bama for 1 year?

Saltydog
08-28-2017, 12:40 PM
NT

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 12:44 PM

Womack redshirt sophomore and Jedrick Wills true freshman ahead of him. He'll be riding the pine a while.

BankerDog
08-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Predicted it awhile ago. He will end up at JSU. For the ones hyping him up as the LT of the future, he didn't even play LT at West Point. Got by on his size alone. Would've liked to have gotten him though along with Womack and Davis.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 12:47 PM

Throw that in with the fact that they have a 92 rated OT committed & appear to be "in play" with 3 other 97 rated OTs.

I mean, sure, he could probably stick around & start his SR year, but who throws away being a 3 or 4 year SEC starter to start for Bama for 1 year?

Yes, he made a shit decision and he won't be a starter there. Hell, his OL coach isn't even there anymore who was the main one who recruited him there. Saban basically stole him to add depth to Alabama and steal a guy that would have contributed at MSU. In other words, he pulled a Bear Bryant tactic there.

HSVDawg
08-28-2017, 12:48 PM

Lashley's issues are all development / technique related. He'd likely be having the sane issues here. And I'll once again point out that if he can't ever get higher than 3rd string at Alabama, he wouldn't have helped us that much either because our biggest OL struggles year in and year out are blocking the Bama's and LSU's of the world. And contrary to popular belief, even Alabama doesn't have 10 elite OL in any given year.

Johnson85
08-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Lashley's issues are all development / technique related. He'd likely be having the sane issues here. And I'll once again point out that if he can't ever get higher than 3rd string at Alabama, he wouldn't have helped us that much either because our biggest OL struggles year in and year out are blocking the Bama's and LSU's of the world. And contrary to popular belief, even Alabama doesn't have 10 elite OL in any given year.

We have ten games against teams that aren't Bama or LSU.

Plus, we are starting a RS Fr at RT this year and I don't think we really know who will start at LT next year. At worst he would be our backup tackle this year and next year. I would say that would provide a good bit of help, especially if we have an injury.

StatesboroBlues
08-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Yes, he made a shit decision and he won't be a starter there. Hell, his OL coach isn't even there anymore who was the main one who recruited him there. Saban basically stole him to add depth to Alabama and steal a guy that would have contributed at MSU. In other words, he pulled a Bear Bryant tactic there.

Saban offering Lashley had zero to do with MSU...

Bothrops
08-28-2017, 01:10 PM
So much for his chances of getting drafted

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Wommack is going to have to fight to hold off Wills. I could see Lashley transferring Juco after this year because Wills is a True Freshman & Leatherwood the backup is a True Freshman as well. Williams & Wommack are Soph. The competition over there is stiff. If he goes Juco after this year I'd recruit him very hard. The light may come on because the skillset is there & if not he's depth.

Ari Gold
08-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Another name missing on depth chart.
Nigel Knott

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Saban offering Lashley had zero to do with MSU...

In Saban's mind, it's better to have him on his bench then our roster. They didn't need him. Look at their roster. They lied to him and kept him from our roster. Hell, the OL coach that recruited him heavy and told him he was going to be their next bad ass Cam Robinson (an LT btw) isn't even there anymore.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2017, 01:40 PM
In Saban's mind, it's better to have him on his bench then our roster. They didn't need him. Look at their roster. They lied to him and kept him from our roster. Hell, the OL coach that recruited him heavy and told him he was going to be their next bad ass Cam Robinson (an LT btw) isn't even there anymore.

They signed Lashley because he had the potential to be All SEC. They weren't worried at all about him at MSU. He didn't sign him thinking he'd never play & we hid him from MSU.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 01:41 PM

He won't get developed at Alabama. Most of their advantage is to get the polished 4 and 5 star and just reload. Not sure how many players Saban has really developed into incredible players. Most of his super star OL he has had there have been five star players coming in.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Another name missing on depth chart.
Nigel Knott

You don't say. Amazing how that happens.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 01:43 PM
They signed Lashley because he had the potential to be All SEC. They weren't worried at all about him at MSU. He didn't sign him thinking he'd never play & we hid him from MSU.

He won't be All SEC there as they will prefer the polished 4 and 5 stars that are either there or are coming in. The OL coach that saw all that potential is gone. He would have been developed at MSU.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Say what you will about Hevesy but he is a great developer on the OLine. Shitty recruiter and the big reason why we lost Lashley. Sucks because Lashley would have been a much better player here then he ever will at Alabama.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2017, 01:49 PM
He won't be All SEC there as they will prefer the polished 4 and 5 stars that are either there or are coming in. The OL coach that saw all that potential is gone. He would have been developed at MSU.

How is Wommack starting? He wasn't a developed 4 or 5* kid. Who developed or is developing him?

Bothrops
08-28-2017, 01:51 PM
You don't say. Amazing how that happens.

But but..Saban cares about these kids futures..

What a waste.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 01:52 PM
How is Wommack starting? He wasn't a developed 4 or 5* kid. Who developed or is developing him?

He was a four star player.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2017, 02:00 PM
He was a four star player.

Naw he was a 3* on every site.

MarketingBully
08-28-2017, 02:04 PM

He was wanted by every SEC West school basically including us, LSU, Ole Miss, and Alabama. We could say he was a miss for those recruiting services.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-28-2017, 02:07 PM
He was wanted by every SEC West school basically including us, LSU, Ole Miss, and Alabama. We could say he was a miss for those recruiting services.

You made a statement about them only wanting polished 4 & 5* OL. Womack was neither polished or a 4 or 5*. I asked a question how is he starting since he doesn't fit the bill. It's a rhetorical question. Saban didn't sign Womack or Lashley to keep them from MSU he signed them because he saw they had the potential to be good SEC football players. They may or may not turn out that way but the reason he took them had 0 to do with MSU.

StatesboroBlues
08-28-2017, 02:38 PM

Please...they wanted him, period. Him possibly attending MSU played no part.

Schultzy
08-28-2017, 02:54 PM
I still believe at least part of Saban's decision to make Lashley a take so late in the game was to harm our recruiting. It's the smart move (if not ethical) to take a chance on him especially when you have a bunch of existing OL talent.

bostondawg
08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Lashley and Knott are the two latest in a long line of kids who had their futures ruined going to Bama. If you can't get yourself on the field, you can't show yourself to scouts. Period.

Hoping the best for the two in their future. Lashley might be starting for us, and Knott might have started next year for us. Big, big depth if nothing else.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2017, 03:24 PM
FWIW, Cam Akers is 2nd strang for FSU

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIV7l_NVwAAxYPu.jpg:large

msstate7
08-28-2017, 03:32 PM
FWIW, Cam Akers is 2nd strang for FSU

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIV7l_NVwAAxYPu.jpg:large

Nice. Although 2nd string appears to be 3 guys with Akers being first alphabetically

Turfdawg67
08-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Nice. Although 2nd string appears to be 3 guys with Akers being first alphabetically

Yep. And to think... if not for the NCAA stepping in, he'd prob be starting for the webels this fall. Hope he did like LL and took that "visiting" bonus from an OM booster and bought something real nice.

HoopsDawg
08-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Langley would be our starting RT. AJ Brown would be a starting WR. 2 golden triangle kids I wish we had.

HSVDawg
08-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Langley would be our starting RT. AJ Brown would be a starting WR. 2 golden triangle kids I wish we had.

Who the hell is Langley

RocketDawg
08-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Langley [sic] would be our starting RT. AJ Brown would be a starting WR. 2 golden triangle kids I wish we had.

They may both be wishing the same thing about now.

shoeless joe
08-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Lashley was a ton of hype because he was big and could move. He was never healthy for a full season in high school...partly because he grew so much so fast. Some very respected guys that were close to him said multiple times that he was a long way from being an SEC player, but he did have the stuff that couldn't be taught so everybody wanted him for his potential.

So we're talking all this about a kid who had raw ability but has never realized any potential...I'm not going to say that he would be starting for us. And I said all of these things during his recruitment.

TUSK
08-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Wasn't Anthony Steen a "project", too?

Gutter Cobreh
08-28-2017, 08:00 PM
You made a statement about them only wanting polished 4 & 5* OL. Womack was neither polished or a 4 or 5*. I asked a question how is he starting since he doesn't fit the bill. It's a rhetorical question. Saban didn't sign Womack or Lashley to keep them from MSU he signed them because he saw they had the potential to be good SEC football players. They may or may not turn out that way but the reason he took them had 0 to do with MSU.

Please keep your facts away from this mini pity-party, bitch fest. They will not be acknowledged, simply glossed over. It doesn't fit the "bash Hevesy" narrative some of these knuckleheads carry around.

TUSK
08-28-2017, 09:41 PM
I seriously doubt MDL wants ANY recruit to "keep them away from MSU"...

If he thinks a guy has the potential to help him win, he signs em.... and to say Bammer "doesn't develop" players is patently absurd.

MarketingBully
08-29-2017, 12:22 AM
I seriously doubt MDL wants ANY recruit to "keep them away from MSU"...

If he thinks a guy has the potential to help him win, he signs em.... and to say Bammer "doesn't develop" players is patently absurd.

Reloading with a ton of five stars every year is not what I call developing players. How is that developing QB machine working out for you guys at Alabama? Please. Saban is an elite coach and elite recruiter but he is not a developer. He wins because he has the number 1 recruiting class every year and his talent is elite. He proved as much when he only went 7-6 his first year and had to get his recruiting machine going to start really winning.

MarketingBully
08-29-2017, 12:22 AM
Please keep your facts away from this mini pity-party, bitch fest. They will not be acknowledged, simply glossed over. It doesn't fit the "bash Hevesy" narrative some of these knuckleheads carry around.

Ahh the goat is back.

TUSK
08-29-2017, 12:40 AM
Reloading with a ton of five stars every year is not what I call developing players. How is that developing QB machine working out for you guys at Alabama? Please. Saban is an elite coach and elite recruiter but he is not a developer. He wins because he has the number 1 recruiting class every year and his talent is elite. He proved as much when he only went 7-6 his first year and had to get his recruiting machine going to start really winning.

no.

Edit: I dig a lot of your post... however, I'd have to see some data to support the bolded section above...