PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Strategy

LC Dawg
08-28-2017, 10:49 AM
A while back someone, I think it was BeastMan, posted that Ole Miss was extending the investigation to keep the donations coming in from their boosters.
I think they have changed the strategy for the same reason. They know that they will soon be hammered by the NCAA and that they will probably have to give up their two sacred wins over Bama and the Sugar Bowl trophy that they covet. If this happens the administration knows the donations will dry up.
They have decided that the only way to keep the money flowing after the hammer is to blame those sorry ass leghumpers from Mississippi State and their evil yankee coach. They throw the NCAA in on the conspiracy but they have been mainly focus on us. This is a pretty sound strategy to keep the donations from dropping off too much. They will sit in the grove this year and drink cheap whiskey from plastic cups and eat cold chicken fingers while cursing the evil empire from Starkville. They will probably hang Leo and Kobe in effigy which will cause the school to do some public apologizing but they will have the Rebel klan whipped into a frenzy.
This is actually a very sound strategy to keep the donations coming into the athletic offices. The problem with it, from an Ole Miss standpoint, is that it will also cause all the money men to be even more all in on buying players. They will be so pissed off at us that they will double down on getting a great recruiting class the first year they are on probation. They will probably set up deals to only pay after signing day to eliminate players taking money and signing elsewhere like has been happening. It wouldn't surprise me if their desperation led them to make contracts for the players like SMU boosters did. This new strategy will probably lead to the end of their program.
It's difficult reading and hearing all the things Ole Miss fans, and especially writers, are saying about our program and our players. There is not much you can say back to them because their delusion, and probably the xanax, clouds their reasoning. I don't think the death penalty is coming this round but I think they are going to eventually force the NCAA into shutting down their program. We just have to be content to sit back and watch them completely destroy their program with no one to blame but themselves.

Coursesuper
08-28-2017, 11:15 AM
Right now they are just flinging poo against the wall to see if any will stick, good luck. I dont know how many of y'all will remember when the NCAA popped us in the Jackie years. Back then Mr ( Not a Fan) McReedy worked for the Mobile Press Register, he was also part of an afternoon drive time radio show.To make this short, the day that our sanctions were handed down he was livid, mad on the radio. He went off for an entire segment and more that the NCAA had let the biggest cheaters in college football off with a wrist slap. He went on to write about it over and over constantly beating a dead horse. He was eventually fired there and was such an outstanding journalist that he landed his gig as a fan site guy for UNM.

He is the definition of journalistic integrity, just ask him.

Pollodawg
08-28-2017, 11:21 AM
Right now they are just flinging poo against the wall to see if any will stick, good luck. I dont know how many of y'all will remember when the NCAA popped us in the Jackie years. Back then Mr ( Not a Fan) McReedy worked for the Mobile Press Register, he was also part of an afternoon drive time radio show.To make this short, the day that our sanctions were handed down he was livid, mad on the radio. He went off for an entire segment and more that the NCAA had let the biggest cheaters in college football off with a wrist slap. He went on to write about it over and over constantly beating a dead horse. He was eventually fired there and was such an outstanding journalist that he landed his gig as a fan site guy for UNM.

You mean, not-a-fan has an axe to grind v. MSU? No way.

Dawgowar
08-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Honestly, everything they are saying and doing is very close to what we did and said about them in the early 2000's. They just have more media outlets.

Meant to add. None of our threats of retribution stopped our decline, probation related and team performance related. It will ten times worse for them.

thf24
08-28-2017, 11:45 AM
With the way events have unfolded in the past few months, I'm thinking more and more that Shotgun's theory is it. They know with the way things are heading they're so screwed that nothing they do now can make it significantly worse, so there's no long term negatives to throwing out whatever they can come up with, praying that something sticks. Very hard to otherwise explain any of their numerous actions that would have been impossibly stupid under non-doomsday circumstances.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2017, 12:17 PM
With the way events have unfolded in the past few months, I'm thinking more and more that Shotgun's theory is it. They know with the way things are heading they're so screwed that nothing they do now can make it significantly worse, so there's no long term negatives to throwing out whatever they can come up with, praying that something sticks. Very hard to otherwise explain any of their numerous actions that would have been impossibly stupid under non-doomsday circumstances.

Stupidity is a way to explain.

Turfdawg67
08-28-2017, 03:21 PM

I had a buddy that lived down there and he used to tell me that during Eli's senior campaign, anytime he'd mention his name, he'd say... "Heisman hopeful Eli Manning". Ha! He's such a non-fan!

BiscuitEater
08-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

It just CAN'T be their own fault; It's just in their DNA to BLAME State.

They have totally convinced themselves that if it were't for Leo, what they have self-imposed would be EXACTLY what would come out of the COI.