PDA

View Full Version : Looking at CSU

starkvegasdawg
08-27-2017, 08:52 PM
I went to see if they have a message board. Found one that had every post from the last 14,years on one page. And no post had any replies. Looking at their roster it blew me away at how small they are. They have one player over 300lbs and some DL around 230. Now they may not be starters, but their OL roster looks to average around 270 and DL around 260 if I were guessing. We had better physically dominate this game from start to finish. I want them under 200 yards total offense.

Todd4State
08-27-2017, 09:24 PM
They might be an option team but I'm not sure.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2017, 09:59 PM
They might be an option team but I'm not sure.

I watched one of their games from last year and it looked like a read option. They are good and could give us some trouble at first with it being first game.

I suspect we win big but ugly and this board will be lite up with negativity Sunday.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-27-2017, 10:00 PM
This is just a money game for them. I'm sure their coaching staff's top prior is to get out without injuries and cash that check. Just ask the staff at South Alabama ***

MarketingBully
08-27-2017, 10:17 PM
They are ranked 14th in the FCS Top 25 two spots below Chattanooga (as a frame of reference). I think we win something like 49 or 56 to 7 or 10 and I'm okay with that.

TrapGame
08-27-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm sure Mullen will take Nick out too early and roll in third team guys for reps causing CSU to actually score too often making it closer than it should be.

And we all freak the 17 out.

anubus
08-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Want defense to crush them all 4 qtrs do not let up.Do not want to see South Bama 2.0 performance.

Todd4State
08-27-2017, 11:20 PM
I watched one of their games from last year and it looked like a read option. They are good and could give us some trouble at first with it being first game.

I suspect we win big but ugly and this board will be lite up with negativity Sunday.

The weather might cause the score to be a little lower than we want too.

Liverpooldawg
08-28-2017, 07:55 AM
They are a good FCS team. We aren't in a position to assume we are going to to roll anyone. We better show up ready for a fight.

Jack Lambert
08-28-2017, 08:09 AM
They are a good FCS team. We aren't in a position to assume we are going to to roll anyone. We better show up ready for a fight.

I think the memory of S Alabama is on the team and staff mind.

Todd4State
08-28-2017, 08:51 AM

The lowest point total that Dan has scored against a FCS team is in the 40's. And that was in his first year as a coach. We hung 60+ on Samford and they were probably the best FCS team we've faced since Dan has been here.

We should roll them.

Todd4State
08-28-2017, 08:53 AM
I think the memory of S Alabama is on the team and staff mind.

South Alabama is closer to USM than they are Charleston Southern. Even then the reason why we lost to South Alabama is because Dan played the upper classmen. We play Fitz more than one series and we win- no question in my mind.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 09:00 AM
South Alabama is closer to USM than they are Charleston Southern. Even then the reason why we lost to South Alabama is because Dan played the upper classmen. We play Fitz and Aeris more than one series and we win- no question in my mind.

Aeris would have pounded that USA defense. They were light weight and we didn't take advantage of grinding them down. You can't grind anything with a 150 lb RB.

RougeDawg
08-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Want defense to crush them all 4 qtrs do not let up.Do not want to see South Bama 2.0 performance.

This is what I expect no matter what the offense does. I expect a much improved defense with the talent we have and new coaching staff. I expect people flying around and Simmons take up 2-3 OLinemen to free up our NFL linebackers to knock some heads. I think people forget how young Simmons was last year and how much he disrupted offensive lines. He will determine our defense this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-28-2017, 02:52 PM
they are predicted tops in their conference (http://www.bigsouthsports.com/news/2017/7/16/FB_0716171004.aspx). We should handle them but they will put up a fight.

NorthChuckSouth
08-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Hey ya'll i'm a csu grad and played for the bucs... was just looking through and found this forum.

We don't have much of a fan forum right now but it was started about two years ago. I have been unable/limited on what I can post until recently

A background on our program.. we started football in the late 80s as a club sport but joined the NCAA in the 90s. We really came on the FCS scene the past 4 years winning 35 games and should have beat Vandy in 2014.

We're returning a solid team that should be good in FCS. We lost three running backs that were all in the top 10 in career rushing yards so we're filling that gap this year. Our defense has been among the best in FCS the past couple years and should be really good this year.. keep an eye out on Anthony Ellis #8, Solomon Brown #34, and Zane Cruz #43. Our offense is considered spread option. Expect motions and majority of the play calls will be the option. We're returning a solid receiving corps so it'll be interesting to see how the play calls will be adjusted.

Unfortunately, i won't be able to make the trip to Starkville (it's a long way from Charleston) but i'll be watching it for sure. I spent a year of college in the state of Mississippi so i've been talking trash to a lot of my buddies.. looking forward to kickoff!