PDA

View Full Version : Weather guys...

TimberBeast
08-27-2017, 08:03 PM
What are we looking at now with Harvey? They say its going back out into the Gulf but what after that? How are we looking on the MS Coast?

TheRef
08-27-2017, 08:38 PM
What are we looking at now with Harvey? They say its going back out into the Gulf but what after that? How are we looking on the MS Coast?

Right now it is expected to make a 3rd landfall near the TX/LA border. No major impact to MS coast.

RocketDawg
08-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Right now it is expected to make a 3rd landfall near the TX/LA border. No major impact to MS coast.

3rd? Where is/was/will be the 2nd? Or is hitting the barrier islands and then the mainland two separate landfalls?

TheRef
08-27-2017, 08:48 PM
3rd? Where is/was/will be the 2nd? Or is hitting the barrier islands and then the mainland two separate landfalls?

It wobbled a little that first night. Wobbled in, out, back in.

Edit: It's a third due to the first being the Yucatan back WAYYYY before.

TX was 2nd landfall.

RocketDawg
08-27-2017, 08:52 PM

TX was 2nd landfall.

Ah, that's right. I'd forgotten for the moment that it was the same storm.

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2017, 10:40 PM

TX was 2nd landfall.

technically it would be the 4th.
2nd was the barrier islands. 3rd was when hit mainland.

TimberBeast
08-27-2017, 11:45 PM

Well I mainly meant are we going to get a ton of rain on the MS Coast from Harvey. We've had so much the last few months that I'm not sure we can hold that much more.

Indndawg
08-28-2017, 05:48 AM
http://tropicalatlantic.com/models/models.cgi?basin=al&year=2017&storm=09&display=google_map&latestrun=1&large=1

Spaghetti's have it breaking free and heading N(N)E by late week

Howboutdemdogs
08-28-2017, 06:15 AM
What's the impact for the game next Saturday?

RougeDawg
08-28-2017, 06:46 AM
What's the impact for the game next Saturday?

Bring your rain suit.

Churchill
08-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Ref, Does it appear to you that they are understating how much rain we get in central Ms. out of this thing. I could see us getting drenched.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Latest track has it going through AR. I think we get some rain mid to late week and the game could be wet, too. Just have to wait and see exactly what Harvey does before specifics are known. I do think the further west you are the wetter you'll be. GFS has a pretty steady light to moderate rain most of the day Saturday with around 1/2" totals from 7:00pm Friday through 7:00pm Saturday. Subject to change on whims of Harvey.

TheRef
08-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Ref, Does it appear to you that they are understating how much rain we get in central Ms. out of this thing. I could see us getting drenched.

NWS has been pretty good with their rainfall estimates so far. I think we will get about 6" of rain throughout depending of course how quickly this system moves up and out of the state. Right now, stick with what your local and NWS Meteorologists say.

TheRef
08-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Latest track has it going through AR. I think we get some rain mid to late week and the game could be wet, too. Just have to wait and see exactly what Harvey does before specifics are known. I do think the further west you are the wetter you'll be. GFS has a pretty steady light to moderate rain most of the day Saturday with around 1/2" totals from 7:00pm Friday through 7:00pm Saturday. Subject to change on whims of Harvey.

FWIW, the GFS is usually pretty low on rainfall totals. I would expect more than what GFS says.

starkvegasdawg
08-28-2017, 02:26 PM
FWIW, the GFS is usually pretty low on rainfall totals. I would expect more than what GFS says.

I see NWS saying 2-4".

Jack Lambert
08-28-2017, 02:30 PM

1/2" in 24 hours is a drizzle.

Dawgbite
08-28-2017, 02:49 PM
1/2" in 24 hours is a drizzle.

That's what she said!

RezDog7
08-28-2017, 06:27 PM
So can I go to Orange Beach this weekend and see sunshine and titties?

Jack Lambert
08-28-2017, 08:01 PM
That's what she said!

She said the she wanted nine inches and to make it hurt so I did her three times and after the third I hit her in the nose.

WSOPdawg
08-28-2017, 08:12 PM
She said the she wanted nine inches and to make it hurt so I did her three times and after the third I hit her in the nose.

Buahahahahahaha!!! Thanks Jack, I needed that.

TimberBeast
08-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Looks like it's headed back towards LA / MS tonight. What kind of weather can we expect on the MS Coast tonight and tomorrow? Thanks for any info.

starkvegasdawg
08-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Looks like it's headed back towards LA / MS tonight. What kind of weather can we expect on the MS Coast tonight and tomorrow? Thanks for any info.

It's gon rain.

Jack Lambert
08-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Bring your rain suit.

Every where I look on the internet shows partly cloudy.