PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Bowl

RocketDawg
08-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Strange looking grass ... or turf. And you can hardly see the line markers from field level. Weird.

Good to see that Rice got rid of the Old English R on their uniforms. Still on the helmets though.

I guess this is sort of a Scholars' Bowl. And Stanford just went up 7-0 on about 3 plays.

RocketDawg
08-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Rice is having the worst opening series I've ever seen. They've had about 4 penalties already, moving backward from the 20 to near the goal line. Talk about nerves. :)

Commercecomet24
08-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Rice is having the worst opening series I've ever seen. They've had about 4 penalties already, moving backward from the 20 to near the goal line. Talk about nerves. :)

Yeah it reminded of that movie necessary roughness. That was brutal.

Todd4State
08-27-2017, 12:24 AM

The worst I've ever seen was Memphis when we played them in 2011 at the Liberty Bowl and they kept getting penalized for not being able to line up correctly. I think the officials just started to let it slide after they screwed up lining up three times in a row and were backed up to the one yard line.