PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey

Dallas_Dawg
08-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Any word on his status?
I'm sitting here doing 12 oz curls and thinking about how if that Kam Carter POS is eligible and Chauncey is not, something is seriously ****ed up with the system. It pisses me off
Y'all saw Last Chance U, Carter was lazy as hell and fought with his coaches all the time and Chauncey was the smart one who never was in trouble
This better get resolved or else there should be a hell of an appeal

Reason2succeed
08-26-2017, 08:39 PM
I can't see how rivers and Cole have been at State all spring and summer and the NCAA hasn't cleared them yet. What were they waiting for? This is a disruption to our team having this up in the air during game planning. I know it's only Charleston Southern but if this were a bigger game it would be huge.

raymond21
08-26-2017, 08:52 PM
If Cole can't play, it stands to reason Rivers will be redshirting also

Dallas_Dawg
08-26-2017, 09:25 PM
If Cole can't play, it stands to reason Rivers will be redshirting also

Both are bull shit. Cole went to Michigan and Rivers to UGA out of HS. This does not pass the smell test

Bully13
08-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Both are bull shit. Cole went to Michigan and Rivers to UGA out of HS. This does not pass the smell test

yep.

Bothrops
08-27-2017, 01:08 AM
It's game week now, so I'd say it isn't going to happen. The NCAA clearinghouse is a joke.

Todd4State
08-27-2017, 01:32 AM
The silver lining is I'm sure we will redshirt them. It sucks in the case of Rivers because I think he may have started for us at DE this year. With Cole, it may be a good thing because if he didn't we would have three safeties in the same class- McLaurin, Abram, and Cole. We could use Cole in 2019 and I'm not sure what to make of him working at CB some though it was probably related to what I was just talking about above.

Dawgface
08-27-2017, 06:39 AM
Any word on his status?
I'm sitting here doing 12 oz curls and thinking about how if that Kam Carter POS is eligible and Chauncey is not, something is seriously ****ed up with the system. It pisses me off
Y'all saw Last Chance U, Carter was lazy as hell and fought with his coaches all the time and Chauncey was the smart one who never was in trouble
This better get resolved or else there should be a hell of an appeal

If Kam Carter can get cleared, anyone should.

Harrydawg
08-27-2017, 08:52 AM
I was told last night (from what I believe is a good source) that Rivers will have to sit out this season.

Too many online courses.....

ShotgunDawg
08-27-2017, 09:09 AM
I was told last night (from what I believe is a good source) that Rivers will have to sit out this season.

If this ends up being the case, then so be it. I just want to see EMCC held accountable for what appears to be unethical conduct

JUCO needs some kind of APR system that punishes this.

mstatefan91
08-27-2017, 12:54 PM
I've heard it all now. Too many classes..

Reason2succeed
08-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Why didn't we know this and have this corrected before now?

mstatefan91
08-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Why didn't we know this and have this corrected before now?

It sounds like we've tried to have this cleared up since the spring but the NCAA clearinghouse was just sitting on their thumbs and spinning or something like that.

Todd4State
08-27-2017, 01:07 PM
If this ends up being the case, then so be it. I just want to see EMCC held accountable for what appears to be unethical conduct

JUCO needs some kind of APR system that punishes this.

There won't be an APR hit but it probably will hurt them because other schools will tell their recruits not to go there because of stuff like this.

They already hurt themselves with us when they let Justin Cox take a visit to Alabama when he was protected by us.

HSVDawg
08-27-2017, 01:18 PM
They already hurt themselves with us when they let Justin Cox take a visit to Alabama when he was protected by us.

Huh? JUCO's have absolutely no authority whatsoever in restricting official visits for their players. Zero. I mean, the coaches can strongly discourage it. But in the end, the player can do what he wants. Cox wanted to visit Bama and he did. And I'm not even sure we placed him there at EMCC in the traditional sense. He was a late nonqualifier and was somewhat of a surprise (like Richardson this year) and Co Lin probably already had a full roster at the time so we had to have an option B. Or EMCC had already protected him as he is in their "region", and they have the authority to do that for a certain number of players that don't sign an LOI by a certain date. The truth is we haven't had a good relationship with EMCC since the late 90's. Any of our signees that end up there don't do so because it was us doing them a solid, I can assure you.

confucius say
08-27-2017, 01:52 PM

Online courses while at emcc?

thf24
08-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Enforcement got its reform a few years ago, now it's time for the clearinghouse. We've been screwed too many times by their operating at a snail's pace, and this latest incident with Rivers, pushing them for an answer since he stepped on campus in the Spring with no answer less than a week before opening kickoff, is nothing short of complete and total incompetence. The NCAA has been utterly failing student athletes in this area too often for too long.

RocketDawg
08-27-2017, 05:13 PM
Enforcement got its reform a few years ago, now it's time for the clearinghouse. We've been screwed too many times by their operating at a snail's pace, and this latest incident with Rivers, pushing them for an answer since he stepped on campus in the Spring with no answer less than a week before opening kickoff, is nothing short of complete and total incompetence. The NCAA has been utterly failing student athletes in this area too often for too long.

How many employees does the NCAA have? Maybe they've been spending all their time on OM. Sorta **

Todd4State
08-28-2017, 01:03 AM
Huh? JUCO's have absolutely no authority whatsoever in restricting official visits for their players. Zero. I mean, the coaches can strongly discourage it. But in the end, the player can do what he wants. Cox wanted to visit Bama and he did. And I'm not even sure we placed him there at EMCC in the traditional sense. He was a late nonqualifier and was somewhat of a surprise (like Richardson this year) and Co Lin probably already had a full roster at the time so we had to have an option B. Or EMCC had already protected him as he is in their "region", and they have the authority to do that for a certain number of players that don't sign an LOI by a certain date. The truth is we haven't had a good relationship with EMCC since the late 90's. Any of our signees that end up there don't do so because it was us doing them a solid, I can assure you.

Yes, there is nothing in writing that they have to restrict visits or anything like that. However, there is benefit if a JUCO program has an "unwritten" relationship with a SEC school. They protect our recruits- and we in turn send them D-I prospects which helps them win games. It also helps with their recruiting because if they have an unofficial relationship with MSU it makes them more attractive to recruits who want to play in the SEC because they know that our coaches will be scouting our games and in turn them as well. That's very important since the JUCO's did away with the "regions" a few years ago and can recruit the entire state although I believe there are still restrictions on the out of state prospects. Co-Lin has benefitted greatly from our relationship with them- in fact they were able to beat EMCC not long ago if I am not mistaken.

Cox was sent there with the understanding that he was to be protected and the coaches allowed him to visit Alabama. We haven't sent any players to them since then. We used to have a relationship with them before that- Denico Autry and Cox were placed there. Dan was not very happy about it to say the least.

HSVDawg
08-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Yes, there is nothing in writing that they have to restrict visits or anything like that. However, there is benefit if a JUCO program has an "unwritten" relationship with a SEC school. They protect our recruits- and we in turn send them D-I prospects which helps them win games. It also helps with their recruiting because if they have an unofficial relationship with MSU it makes them more attractive to recruits who want to play in the SEC because they know that our coaches will be scouting our games and in turn them as well. That's very important since the JUCO's did away with the "regions" a few years ago and can recruit the entire state although I believe there are still restrictions on the out of state prospects. Co-Lin has benefitted greatly from our relationship with them- in fact they were able to beat EMCC not long ago if I am not mistaken.

Cox was sent there with the understanding that he was to be protected and the coaches allowed him to visit Alabama. We haven't sent any players to them since then. We used to have a relationship with them before that- Denico Autry and Cox were placed there. Dan was not very happy about it to say the least.

No, Denico Autry was not placed there by us. He never even signed with MSU out of High School. And like I said, we would have placed Cox at Co-Lin if we had the option. That has been our "placement school" of choice for everyone we've signed since Glenn Davis ended up down there in 2001 or so. We have not had a good relationship with EMCC, and really no one has. Just tune into Last Chance U and see the latest debacles with Rivers and Cole as evidence as to why. It is basically the wild west down there.

Furthermore, EMCC knows we don't send guys there on a consistent basis and Cox only wound up there out of lack of other options. So therefore there was never any reason for our coaches to expect Cox to be "protected". They aren't gonna waste their time when they know Co Lin is our bread and butter. Likewise, don't expect the MDCC coaches to go out of their way protecting Richardson for us, either.