PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a MAYMAC thread tonight? Anybody dropping the $100?

Bully13
08-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Give us some play by play?

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 07:44 PM
attempting to get the fight right now, even if McGregor doesn't win he is going done as the greatest shit talker of all-time. He is fantastic entertainment and extremely polarizing. He makes Ali's shit talking look like a Disney movie.

MSUDeltadawg1971
08-26-2017, 07:44 PM
My brother in law is dropping it. Just got here and waiting for it to start.

biscuit
08-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Anyone know of a free link? I'm stuck at the hospital

Statecoachingblows**
08-26-2017, 07:54 PM
I did...probably regret it but you never know

Perpetual Underachiever
08-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Who you betting on? Anyone actually got money on McGregor and feel good about it?

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Who you betting on? Anyone actually got money on McGregor and feel good about it?

Just $20 and that depends if Mayweather will stand toe to toe with CM or "fight" like he always does which is to run around the ring like a scared bitch and play to the scorecard.

Bully13
08-26-2017, 08:51 PM
anybody tuned it that knows about what time it will be kicking off?

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 08:54 PM
anybody tuned it that knows about what time it will be kicking off?

undercard fight is in round 9 right now

Hrdawg82
08-26-2017, 08:55 PM
I think mcgregor wins in 8. He wants it more. This first bout is pretty defensive minded

Reason2succeed
08-26-2017, 08:56 PM
I think MacGregor's best strategy is to almost shoot on Mayweather to close distance and then hold on to him and fight him in the clinch. Mayweather is the master of distance and evasion so you have to take that away. Even with that it is still a long shot.

MrKotter
08-26-2017, 08:58 PM
I think mcgregor wins in 8. He wants it more. This first bout is pretty defensive minded

More than Mayweather wants to be 50-0? Don't think so

Gutter Cobreh
08-26-2017, 09:00 PM
If there is a line on it, I'd bet that Mcgregor gets confused around round 4 and hits Mayweather with a round house kick - thus the fight ends in a disqualification.

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 09:06 PM
first undercard is done, two more fights to go before the one everyone cares about

Bully13
08-26-2017, 09:06 PM
If there is a line on it, I'd bet that Mcgregor gets confused around round 4 and hits Mayweather with a round house kick - thus the fight ends in a disqualification.

LOL. best post of the thread.

Bully13
08-26-2017, 09:09 PM
first undercard is done, two more fights to go before the one everyone cares about

gracias

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 09:38 PM
2nd undercard is done, 1 more than Money & Notorious

Statecoachingblows**
08-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Kind of surprised they called that one when they did, may be the beer...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Give us some play by play?

Here's one of many live feeds people are sharing: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyxBEBlapYJN

If that one stops working, they'll be plenty more.

Dawgpile
08-26-2017, 09:54 PM

As fantastic as that would be to see on SportsCenter highlights, there's a huge clause in the contract to penalize McGregor if he DQ's.

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 10:08 PM
Here's one of many live feeds people are sharing: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyxBEBlapYJN

If that one stops working, they'll be plenty more.

Appreciate this link, my stream was fubar

TUSK
08-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Appreciate this link, my stream was fubar

Ya, my link went dead....

Pollodawg
08-26-2017, 10:25 PM
Fight delayed over PPV issues. I think.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-26-2017, 10:40 PM
This is one of the better feeds i've found

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1eaKbmYLqgVxX

and another good one

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpJkmnolzrKj

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 10:54 PM
last undercard looks to be going the distance

Statecoachingblows**
08-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Davis was a jackass I don't know anything about him or his opponent but his attitude makes him a shitbag that I hope never wins another fight

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:12 PM
Any new links?

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 11:13 PM
I've already seen this fight, think we are still under a delay here for the main fight, ppv issues

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:14 PM
I've already seen this fight, think we are still under a delay here for the main fight, ppv issues

Main event is starting now...but all the links in this thread are ****ed.

Bully13
08-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Well 17, nothing's working

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Plenty of links on the book of faces. When one stream gets shut down, just move to the next one.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:53 PM
Haha, TKO....

TUSK
08-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the links guys... although it lasted a bit longer, it went about as expected, I thought...

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 11:57 PM
That was an excellent fight, ref calls fight but McGregor never got knocked down, good call though, McGregor was totally gassed. Mayweather just in too good of boxing shape and it wore him down. Connor totally exhausted at the end.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the links guys... although it lasted a bit longer, it went about as expected, I thought...

Floyd didn't break a sweat. That looked easy for him.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Connor totally exhausted at the end.

12 rounds is a lot tougher than 3. Connor did last longer than I expected, though...but I do think that had more to do with Floyd.

Dawg61
08-26-2017, 11:59 PM

You're calling it like a homer right now. McGregor was even in the fight till the last two rounds when he got totally exhausted.

Dawg61
08-27-2017, 12:00 AM
12 rounds is a lot tougher than 3. Connor did last longer than I expected, though...but I do think that had more to do with Floyd.

Enjoy your win

TUSK
08-27-2017, 12:00 AM

Yeah, he looked like he was on cruise control, to me...

Connor showed a lot of heart but he just wasn't conditioned well enough, IMO...

The ref deserves a Christmas card from McGregor and the Nobel Peace Prize for stopping that fight...

Bully13
08-27-2017, 12:01 AM

it should have and I'm surprised it went that long. I was expecting 3 rounds max. McGregor is a tougher than I thought and I was surprised at how fast his reflexes were in dodging many of Mayweather's punches in the early going.

0-0 vs 49-0. this was not "ha ha".

Roy Munson
08-27-2017, 12:03 AM

A guy who has never ever boxed basically goes he distance and was even for the vast majority of the fight with the "greatest ever". Give me a break.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Enjoy your win

Don't be like that, lol. I'm indifferent to either of these guy's legacies. You don't have to be passive aggressive, 61.

I'm not sure about about the 5-5, though. Connor was more aggressive at the start. He through more punches. But that's the different between boxing and MMA. Endurance and patience matters a **** ton, dude. It is what it is. Punching yourself out is not a great strategy when you're up against a great defensive boxer.

TUSK
08-27-2017, 12:05 AM
Don't be like that, lol. I'm indifferent to either of these guy's legacies. You don't have to be passive aggressive, 61.

I'm not sure about about the 5-5, though. Connor was more aggressive at the start. He through more punches. But that's the different between boxing and MMA. Endurance and patience matters a **** ton, dude. It is what it is. Punching yourself out is not a great strategy when you're up against a great defensive boxer.

George Foreman agrees....

Bully13
08-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Mayweather would have gotten his ass kicked had he went up against a legit contender tonight.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:06 AM
George Foreman agrees....

This guy gets it^^

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Mayweather would have gotten his ass kicked had he went up against a legit contender tonight.

Probably true. He didn't look great, but he was good enough to beat a guy who wasn't a boxer.

Dawg61
08-27-2017, 12:11 AM

Not being like that just think you're selling McGregor way short. He forced Mayweather to fight a totally different style than he's done previously in 49 other matches. He went 10 rounds with him and never left his feet. That's impressive. He was definitely winning on the scorecard through 5 rounds just never landed the knockout punch he needed to win this fight. He was never winning if it went 10 rounds.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:16 AM
Not being like that just think you're selling McGregor way short. He forced Mayweather to fight a totally different style than he's done previously in 49 other matches. He went 10 rounds with him and never left his feet. That's impressive. He was definitely winning on the scorecard through 5 rounds just never landed the knockout punch he needed to win this fight. He was never winning if it went 10 rounds.

No offense taken, dude. I agree totally with you that it was impressive that Connor lasted as long as he did. However, I think that was also part of Floyd's strategy. He hardly threw any punches in the first 2 or 3 rounds, and just sat back and let Connor punch himself out. Floyd knew Connor was going to be aggressive. He knew if he waited him out, Connor would be exhausted. That's the difference between boxing and Coliseum gladiator fighting. Chess, not checkers.

I agree though, Connor put on a good showing tonight. That being said....this whole thing was a giant money grab. What's next? Rachel Ray going to challenge Gordon Ramsay to a "chef-off"?

missouridawg
08-27-2017, 12:17 AM
He forced Mayweather to fight a totally different style than he's done previously in 49 other matches.

That fight was vintage Mayweather.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:21 AM
A guy who has never ever boxed basically goes he distance and was even for the vast majority of the fight with the "greatest ever". Give me a break.

Lots of wrong in this post, Roy.

Roy Munson
08-27-2017, 12:31 AM
Lots of wrong in this post, Roy.

Nah, name another sport where an amateur can go toe to toe with the sports greatest ever?

Mac goes 10 rounds and I still winning through half of those. Reverse the sports and floured doesn't last 10 seconds. That's my point. Boxing is a joke. This was a black eye for boxing If anything.

Can't wait to see the worlds ping pong champion Force a 5th set with Federer.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:35 AM
Nah, name another sport where an amateur can go toe to toe with the sports greatest ever?

Mac goes 10 rounds and I still winning through half of those. Reverse the sports and floured doesn't last 10 seconds. That's my point. Boxing is a joke. This was a black eye for boxing If anything.

Floyd isn't the greatest ever.....so that's one thing.

Also, this whole "if this was MMA" shit needs to stop. NO SHIT, dude. It's a totally different sport.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:39 AM

Funny analogy, lol...but it wasn't that significant. The strategy was obvious, and it worked.

TUSK
08-27-2017, 12:44 AM
A lot of people are acting like this was supposed to be a serious boxing match... I think of it as more a lucrative exhibition-type boxing match...

Gutter Cobreh
08-27-2017, 12:48 AM
McGregor just proved he can jab. If he had the ability to actually swing, he may have had a chance. Not much of a chance thoug, as I think Mayweather was toying with him the whole time. Money didn't start actually fighting until the 4th round.

I too appreciate the links posted, as this was better than the Mayweather/Pacquiano debacle.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 12:50 AM
A lot of people are acting like this was supposed to be a serious boxing match... I think of it as more a lucrative exhibition-type boxing match...

https://media.giphy.com/media/fWdWdOpr7dOdG/giphy.gif

Dawg61
08-27-2017, 01:00 AM
Says a lot when a man goes ten rounds in his first fight ever and never gets knocked down vs one of the best ever whose fought 50 matches and been boxing his entire life. You can't give McGregor respect for that you just don't like him or you don't like an MMA fighter trying to beat a pro boxer.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 01:13 AM
Says a lot when a man goes ten rounds in his first fight ever and never gets knocked down vs one of the best ever whose fought 50 matches and been boxing his entire life. You can't give McGregor respect for that you just don't like him or you don't like an MMA fighter trying to beat a pro boxer.

I'm not disrespecting Connor. He fought a good fight. He lasted longer than most expected. However, he played directly into Floyd's strategy for the fight (as Tusk mentioned earlier, see Ali/Foreman). He looked strong at the beginning precisely because he was the aggressor, and Floyd was on the defense (by choice). Floyd still landed more total punches, more power punches, etc. He just waited him out.

Truth be told, I expected this fight to go the distance, because that's how Floyd fights. Floyd is boring as **** to watch. He just is. I known it's all about defense and counter punches with him, and that's where he's made his money, but the sport of boxing is different now, compared to 20 years ago. Plus, Floyd is 40 ****ing years old, and word out of his camp, is that he hasn't been treating this as seriously as past bouts....which isn't surprising to me.

HSVDawg
08-27-2017, 01:35 AM

A more accurate comparison would be if the world's ping pong champion forced a 5th set with John McEnroe. Whether Floyd was the greatest ever or not, he is still about 5 years over the hill (at minimum) from what he used to be. People saying an amateur took on "the greatest ever" keep ignoring that fact. Floyd is undefeated and will stay undefeated because he is not going to fight anyone he knows he can't handle at his current age. Tonight was a just a cash grab for him, just like everyone said all along.

Dawg61
08-27-2017, 01:38 AM
McGregor landed 30 more punches than Manny Pacquiao did vs Floyd in 2 1/2 fewer rounds. Respect

SPMT
08-27-2017, 01:52 AM
McGregor landed 30 more punches than Manny Pacquiao did vs Floyd in 2 1/2 fewer rounds. Respect

Mac fought well. Mayweather Dicked doff for half the fight and pressed the pace rounds 3-10. He gave mac his props but really won easily. He landed at will the last 2-3 rounds.

Sure, had r fought Cotto, Canelo, et al he may have lost, but he didn't have to. He's an all time great regardless of what people think of him. Mac's face was peppered and Floyd looked like he was 22 when he walked out of the ring.

Props to both! Great fight, great entertainment. That fight was for their money and for the fans.

HSVDawg
08-27-2017, 01:55 AM

He was much more aggressive in the early rounds than Pacquiao was because Pacquiao knew how he had to fight Mayweather to have a chance. That's taking nothing away from McGregor. He could have a legit future in boxing if he chooses to pursue it. But he's a long way from being able to hang with the top 5 to 10 contenders in the lightweight division. He needs to get some more fights under his belt against lower tier opponents, and work on building his stamina before challenging serious competition (which Mayweather isn't really, at this stage of his career).