PDA

View Full Version : Got a buddy that's friends with a coach from Auburn...

CadaverDawg
09-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Today he told me that one of the offensive coaches for Auburn that he is friends with told him that MSU's front 7 would be the best front they faced this year outside of probably Alabama. Even better than LSU's he said. Told him that based on the LSU film, he feels MSU's front 7 is superior but LSU's secondary was a good bit better than ours.

Just thought I'd let you guys know something positive I heard about our team.

Coach34
09-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Today he told me that one of the offensive coaches for Auburn that he is friends with told him that MSU's front 7 would be the best front they faced this year outside of probably Alabama. Even better than LSU's he said. Told him that based on the LSU film, he feels MSU's front 7 is superior but LSU's secondary was a good bit better than ours.

backs up what some of us have been saying all year...thanks for sharing

engie
09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
The Redmond era can't get here quick enough...

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I've been telling people this for a while. Our offensive line will own Nkemdashian

Coach34
09-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I've been telling people this for a while. Our offensive line will own Nkemdashian

Who's talking about the OL troll?

FlabLoser
09-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Aaannnnd strike 3.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 10:01 PM
There's a troll on the OL? I misread op

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 10:20 AM
I agree with you, but damn, none of it matters if we don't win the game. That's my biggest thing, and it still makes me sick thinking about it. We have a good team but we aren't scoring more points than the other team. Makes it all the worse.

The mother f*cker had the focus. We surrounded this game with Alcorn and Troy. No looking forward, back, or a hangover. And he lost it. Just a back breaker IMO and I don't think we recover. F*ck it, I'm negative, but I'm right and we all know it.

elitedawgs
09-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Buh Bye Fred.

maroonmania
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I agree with you, but damn, none of it matters if we don't win the game. That's my biggest thing, and it still makes me sick thinking about it. We have a good team but we aren't scoring more points than the other team. Makes it all the worse.

The mother f*cker had the focus. We surrounded this game with Alcorn and Troy. No looking forward, back, or a hangover. And he lost it. Just a back breaker IMO and I don't think we recover. F*ck it, I'm negative, but I'm right and we all know it.

Right now I'm not worried about the defense (except for the soft way we played against Auburn on the last drive being so sickening) its all about our offense at the moment. Seriously, we've held 2 pretty good offenses to 21 and 24 points and lost. And Auburn got 10 of their points on freaky broken plays. But seriously how many games do you see teams winning these days with 20 points or less. Its becoming a rare occurrence. We HAVE to start putting more points on the board.

Goat Holder
09-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Agreed on the offense. We've shown that it's not a QB issue, if it were, we'd have blown Auburn out. But those drives stalled too, Prescott made some terrible reads on the option and in the passing game. So who's playing QB doesn't really matter. I'm starting to think it's really just a product of an average OL at best, and the lack of playmakers at the skill positions. I'm hoping that we'll get better as Wilson, Shumpert and Ross get more experience.

I still think we need to be lining Perkins up at slot. Throw to him and give him the ball on sweeps. And let the dude return kicks instead of Johnson.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Buh Bye Fred.

Just for the originality of his user name should warrant another chance or at lest let someone else have it.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Agreed on the offense. We've shown that it's not a QB issue, if it were, we'd have blown Auburn out. But those drives stalled too, Prescott made some terrible reads on the option and in the passing game. So who's playing QB doesn't really matter. I'm starting to think it's really just a product of an average OL at best, and the lack of playmakers at the skill positions. I'm hoping that we'll get better as Wilson, Shumpert and Ross get more experience.

I still think we need to be lining Perkins up at slot. Throw to him and give him the ball on sweeps. And let the dude return kicks instead of Johnson.

I would put him at WR. Talk about freaking out a DB.

Ronny
09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
..bullshitted by a bullshitter.

Just how delusional do you have to be to believe this?

I would say tin foil cap level of delusional.

Auburn marched down the field vs. our top national front 7 in their final game-winning drive. They must have not filmed that part.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 11:12 AM
..bullshitted by a bullshitter.

Just how delusional do you have to be to believe this?

I would say tin foil cap level of delusional.

Auburn marched down the field vs. our top national front 7 in their final game-winning drive. They must have not filmed that part.

That was mostly on the coaching staff and the prevent defense. not the front 7.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 12:41 PM
That was mostly on the coaching staff and the prevent defense. not the front 7.

Exactly.

Plus, it was a coach that said it. So whether it's true or not is up for debate, but the fact that he said it...is no bullshit.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 12:43 PM

I agree with everything you've said in this thread EXCEPT saying that Perkins should return kicks. Not no, but Hell No. Perkins is the worst kick returner on the entire team IMO. He takes a few seconds to get up to speed, and never takes the right hole. RoJo is far superior than Perk at returns, and Jameon is 10 times better than anybody else we've got. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Jiles or Holloway back there with Tubby. I also heard that Redmond was a good returner, so we may see him some when he returns. But I actually have liked the combo of RoJo and Tubby

MarketingBully01
09-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Here is Goat screaming about our OLine again. I think we are fine at OL. I think our problem was having a QB make his second start and first start on the road in a hostile environment. He made several bad reads where He kept it up the middle instead of stretching the defense with a pitch to LP. He will get better with time. The OL is fine.

Johnson85
09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
I think we are fine at OL...The OL is fine.

It's not fine. It might not be bad enough to prevent us from going bowling without combining it with bad play calling, but we haven't played a particularly good defense yet. Ok St. is the best yet, but it's going to be weaker than Bama, LSU, and USCe, and probably not much better than A&M's.

War Machine Dawg
09-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I agree with everything you've said in this thread EXCEPT saying that Perkins should return kicks. Not no, but Hell No. Perkins is the worst kick returner on the entire team IMO. He takes a few seconds to get up to speed, and never takes the right hole. RoJo is far superior than Perk at returns, and Jameon is 10 times better than anybody else we've got. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Jiles or Holloway back there with Tubby. I also heard that Redmond was a good returner, so we may see him some when he returns. But I actually have liked the combo of RoJo and Tubby

Amen, CD. I still don't know why the hell we can't put Tubby & Holloway back there together. Now THAT would be a kickass, pick-your-poison tandem.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Amen, CD. I still don't know why the hell we can't put Tubby & Holloway back there together. Now THAT would be a kickass, pick-your-poison tandem.

Yea, I think so too....my only guess is that Mullen thinks with Holloway being so damn small, that he could potentially get destroyed or have the ball easily stripped away. Plus, you know Dan and his upper class men syndrome. Holloway will have to have a JR or SR next to his name before he will get meaningful snaps...even if he was Percy Harvin.

biscuit
09-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Regardless, we didn't take advantage of having the "best front 7" and blew it.

maroonmania
09-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Here is Goat screaming about our OLine again. I think we are fine at OL. I think our problem was having a QB make his second start and first start on the road in a hostile environment. He made several bad reads where He kept it up the middle instead of stretching the defense with a pitch to LP. He will get better with time. The OL is fine.

Yep, our OL is fine IF all we plan to compete with are OOC teams and teams in the lower half of the SEC. Its wholely inadequate to give us any realistic shot to compete with the upper part of the SEC.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2013, 01:44 PM

I would like to see this.

cheewgumm
09-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Holloway has one return for 99 yards. When does he get another chance?

engie
09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Redmond will eventually be back there a bunch IMO...

Bothrops
09-20-2013, 04:05 PM

This is why I think we're gonna make life hard for Troy's OL..and eventually, their qb. We will wear their asses out rotating 4 or 5 guys.

RougeDawg
09-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Who or what we have on either side of the ball. We will continue to lose games in the same fashion as we did this past weekend. No killer instinct whatsoever. It's painful to watch as a fan, when your coach doesnt go for the jugular. The reason we lost the winnable games last year was our coaches not putting our players in the best position to succeed (wilsons cover zero, 15 yard cushion zone is one example.) The 4th quarter, vanilla, up the gut run plays this past saturday and the prevent on last drive are perfect examples of coaches not having a set and did not put us in positions to be successful and close out the game. We go away from what works and hope something else will. I'm tired of seeing the same shit.

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Redmond will eventually be back there a bunch IMO...

wonder if it'll be kickoffs or punts though? I'd rather see him on kickoffs since he's a DB. gives him a play off (PAT and commercial break to rest before the return).

maroonmania
09-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Who or what we have on either side of the ball. We will continue to lose games in the same fashion as we did this past weekend. No killer instinct whatsoever. It's painful to watch as a fan, when your coach doesnt go for the jugular. The reason we lost the winnable games last year was our coaches not putting our players in the best position to succeed (wilsons cover zero, 15 yard cushion zone is one example.) The 4th quarter, vanilla, up the gut run plays this past saturday and the prevent on last drive are perfect examples of coaches not having a set and did not put us in positions to be successful and close out the game. We go away from what works and hope something else will. I'm tired of seeing the same shit.

I'm convinced Rick Stansbury has been providing coaching advice to Mullen because the Stansbury Stall in basketball has now translated into the Mullen stall in football.

Coach 57
09-21-2013, 07:20 AM
I have been saying what CD's acquaintance said for months! Guys I'm telling you this front 7 is nasty!

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I have been saying what CD's acquaintance said for months! Guys I'm telling you this front 7 is nasty!

Unfortunately they are probably the nastiest 1-2 front seven in the country....and will likely be the nastiest 5-7 front seven in the country at year end.

It's like the ugliest girl in the world being the best in bed. Doesn't matter, she still ain't gonna score.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I think we do have a lot of depth at OL and if we add the JUCO OL we should add along with the guys we already have committed we will be fine on the OLine.

Listen guys, OL is the hardest position to recruit because you really don't know what you got until they show up on campus and you are able to develop them. Very rarely will you find guys out of high school who are ready to go and contribute and even then you really can't trust stars by their names. Heck against Auburn alone we had 200+ rushing yards and had a 100+ yard rusher and they seem to be improving and gelling every week. As I said before, I think we will be fine at OL.

Bear@Work
09-21-2013, 10:47 AM

Good to hear but didn't LSU lose like their entire front 7 to the draft last year? So that they have an entirely new defensive front this year? I sure as hell hope ours is better.

I think if Auburn goes down there and keeps it under 10, I like our chances this year against LSU. I think we can match up well with them with two weeks for CDM to prepare.

I think we win our next 4 and then then we'll have to rely on Arkansas to keep the bowl streak alive.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Good to hear but didn't LSU lose like their entire front 7 to the draft last year? So that they have an entirely new defensive front this year? I sure as hell hope ours is better.

I think if Auburn goes down there and keeps it under 10, I like our chances this year against LSU. I think we can match up well with them with two weeks for CDM to prepare.

I think we win our next 4 and then then we'll have to rely on Arkansas to keep the bowl streak alive.

When Kentucky has a group of Senior Defensive linemen, does that mean they are better than LSU's 5 star freshmen and Sophs? No. LSU is a revolving door of talent on D, so to say "we better be better than LSU's front 7" is a ridiculous statement no matter when you say it.

Bear@Work
09-21-2013, 10:51 AM
This is why I think we're gonna make life hard for Troy's OL..and eventually, their qb. We will wear their asses out rotating 4 or 5 guys.

I disagree with this. Doesn't Troy run a quick-release screen pass type offense? IMO, there will not be time to try to get pressure to the QB and if we go that route, that's basically 4+ players we take out of the play since the back or the WR will slide in behind the rush and they'll dump the ball off with a 10 on 7 advantage going down field. I hope we can at least catch this early if they are keying in on our aggressiveness and adapt to assignment play.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2013, 10:54 AM
I think Auburn keeps it close but loses to LSU by a TD then upsets (if you can call it that) Ole Miss after their stinging loss to Bama.

maroonmania
09-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Listen guys, OL is the hardest position to recruit because you really don't know what you got until they show up on campus and you are able to develop them. Very rarely will you find guys out of high school who are ready to go and contribute and even then you really can't trust stars by their names. Heck against Auburn alone we had 200+ rushing yards and had a 100+ yard rusher and they seem to be improving and gelling every week. As I said before, I think we will be fine at OL.

Yes its hard when you are only signing 3 star OL with no other SEC offers (which is all we have) and trying to project them. Not that hard when you are taking Top 20 OL prospects in the nation from schools like GA and FSU like Freezus did.

Coach 57
09-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Guys listen Gus can coach. Plain and simple he will exploit somethings in LSU tonight & will get after the Bears in a couple of weeks. Especially since he has a week to prepare.

Goat Holder
09-21-2013, 12:07 PM
I hope so, that will make me feel better about our team, but honestly, I already know we have a good team. Fact is, we didn't win a game we should have.

Allformullet
09-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I have a micro-penis and women laugh at me

civilengineerdog
09-21-2013, 01:33 PM
good riddance!

I have a micro-penis and women laugh at me