PDA

View Full Version : Potential Penalties for FERPA Violations.

Indndawg
08-26-2017, 09:13 AM
https://www.registrar.usf.edu/presentation/ferpa_quiz/74

Reason2succeed
08-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Let's put it here so everyone doesn't have to click the link and leave ED.

What Are the Consequences of Violating FERPA?
The consequences for violating FERPA are serious and include:
Temporary suspension of access
Inability to perform ones work
Possible prosecution under criminal codes
Dismissal or Termination
Loss of Federal funding to the institution
In light of these consequences, access to student records must be used responsibly. On-going training and communication are important.

Should you have questions about what is permitted under the Act, contact the Office of the Registrar or the Office of the General Counsel.

And, as a rule of thumb, remember... If in doubt, don't give it out!

3rdGen
08-26-2017, 09:26 AM
I am about to read this article but this is what I have been wondering the last few days. With all the leaks and attacks on players and MSU. What the heck is going to happen to these pricks. I just keep remembering the Response to the response that reminded that all this was supposed to be confidential. And the few Tcun people I will talk to about it say the NCAA is leaking info. That is asinine, why would they do that to thier own investigations. Go straight to hell do not pass go, do not collect any bowl wins over the next 20 years! Jackasses! Misery loves company, better call Baylor, from what I hear y'all have a lot in common.

SailingDawg
08-26-2017, 10:51 AM
I am about to read this article but this is what I have been wondering the last few days. With all the leaks and attacks on players and MSU. What the heck is going to happen to these pricks. I just keep remembering the Response to the response that reminded that all this was supposed to be confidential. And the few Tcun people I will talk to about it say the NCAA is leaking info. That is asinine, why would they do that to thier own investigations. Go straight to hell do not pass go, do not collect any bowl wins over the next 20 years! Jackasses! Misery loves company, better call Baylor, from what I hear y'all have a lot in common.

This.

Death Penalty!

MarketingBully
08-26-2017, 10:56 AM
The NCAA isn't leaking this info. Ole Miss is so desperate it's pitiful.

MSUDAWGFAN
08-26-2017, 10:59 AM
The biggest one on that list to affect the whole place is the loss of federal funding. On a personal level, they need be scared about prosecution or dismissal. The loss of funding though would be huge.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think they are *VERY* close to getting kicked out of the SEC.