PDA

View Full Version : "We will be Alabama's first real test"

Jack Lambert
09-19-2013, 08:27 PM
That's what I heard an Ole Miss guy say at my sons football game tonight. I guess he's living in the Ole Miss fantasy land. They are going have a hard and long fall back to reality.

Op4isabitch
09-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Yep, I think Saban goes Rammer Jammer on their ass.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 08:33 PM
You should have told him how disappointing it is to believe haha. Bama is good

messageboardsuperhero
09-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, playing Johnny Football at Kyle Field isn't a real test.

Just wait until Bo Wallace rolls up in T-Town. Saban won't know what hit him.

Coach 57
09-19-2013, 09:23 PM
The wild thing is that ESPN will make SURE that the game'll be hyped up big time! They are LOVING on the bears & it makes certain they won't be slipping under the radar.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
52-27 Bama

aTm runs the same offense as ole miss with 3 times the talent AND Johnny Football making stupid crazy plays. I don't think ole miss will hang very long.

Harrydawg
09-19-2013, 09:31 PM
I watched that UM-TX game last night and I have to say I was shocked at how horrible TX looked!

Case McCoy's side arm throwing motion was as awkward as I have ever seen......hats off to UM for doing what should have done in the second half but TX looks pitiful.

The Lord Humongous
09-19-2013, 09:34 PM
That's what I heard an Ole Miss guy say at my sons football game tonight. I guess he's living in the Ole Miss fantasy land. They are going have a hard and long fall back to reality.

Even better than a bear at work.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I think Bama wins but it will be close just because football gods hate me

Op4isabitch
09-20-2013, 06:55 AM

No it won't.

Oxfordawg
09-20-2013, 07:27 AM
I hope the Dark Lord Saban makes this one ugly

The Lord Humongous
09-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Somehow I've missed the handle, Fred's Love Boat, until now. Well done. That's funny whether you're trolling or not.

CJDAWG85
09-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah, playing Johnny Football at Kyle Field isn't a real test.

Just wait until Bo Wallace rolls up in T-Town. Saban won't know what hit him.

Just like when Bo rolled up to the Pike House at OM... Still doesn't know who hit him!

Original48
09-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm not so sure. I realize Saban isn't gonna be overlooking them this year but Ole Miss damn sure knows how to game plan on offense..something we aren't familiar with. Yeah I hope they get their brains beat in, but most of the predictions of the bear season to date have been WAY off. If I didn't hate Ole Miss I would enjoy watching the way they play.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Bama is going to win by 20+

bocfarm
09-20-2013, 10:31 AM
I think it will be closer than last yr. Bama's defense isn't near as good and OM offense looks to be improved.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Odd thing is, some Bama fans are worried about this game, as in worried they will lose. Many, many Bama fans have bought into the OM hype.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=CJDAWG85;54051]Just like when Bo rolled up to the Pike House at OM... Still doesn't know who hit him![

Being Pike I am sure it was not a who. It was multiple whos.

Bullmutt
09-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Bama needs to hit Bo early and often. Think how would the point differential would change if the shoulder caves.

hailmari
09-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm not so sure. I realize Saban isn't gonna be overlooking them this year but Ole Miss damn sure knows how to game plan on offense..something we aren't familiar with. Yeah I hope they get their brains beat in, but most of the predictions of the bear season to date have been WAY off. If I didn't hate Ole Miss I would enjoy watching the way they play.

This.

I know UMiss hasn't beaten anybody good yet, but too many people are still unwilling to admit that they have a solid team. They won't win but they will play hard.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 11:42 AM
This.

I know UMiss hasn't beaten anybody good yet, but too many people are still unwilling to admit that they have a solid team. They won't win but they will play hard.

I'm still unwilling precisely because they haven't beaten a particularly good team since their downfall. We were their best win last year, their only win vs a D1 team with a winning record. I don't need to tell you how much we struggled against inferior-to-decent teams last year. It'd be one thing if they played well in all their games last year, just losing to the top teams, like we did in 2010, but OM got their asses handed to them 3 times, and managed to lose a game (TAMU) in which they enjoyed a +6 t/o advantage. I don't care how great an opponent is, if you get a +6 t/o ratio, you should win going away if you're even halfway decent.

Now we're 3 games in and OM has still not played a team that looks good. I thought the Texas game was going to be their rude awakening, but who knew Texas was going to be so historically bad. You can't say it was due to OM being that good, because Texas sucked as bad versus a pedestrian BYU.

Now, if OM manages to play well against Bama, I'll reconsider, because then I'll have a solid reason to.

Coach34
09-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Ole Miss is solid- nothing great.

Bama is going to take them seriously and wear their ass out. Then you have Auburn with a week off to get ready for them- and I like Gus and EJ at home with 2 weeks to get ready. Then they have LSU and A&M. That's a toughass 4-game stretch that will test their depth

msstate7
09-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Ole Miss is solid- nothing great.

Bama is going to take them seriously and wear their ass out. Then you have Auburn with a week off to get ready for them- and I like Gus and EJ at home with 2 weeks to get ready. Then they have LSU and A&M. That's a toughass 4-game stretch that will test their depth

No one will have a harder 4 game stretch than OM. If they go 2-2 or better, they're a very good team. I just don't see it though. 1-3 is my guess

Coach34
09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I think they go 0-4

Bear@Work
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM

Bear @ Work sighting!!!

Bear@Work
09-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm still unwilling precisely because they haven't beaten a particularly good team since their downfall. We were their best win last year, their only win vs a D1 team with a winning record. I don't need to tell you how much we struggled against inferior-to-decent teams last year. It'd be one thing if they played well in all their games last year, just losing to the top teams, like we did in 2010, but OM got their asses handed to them 3 times, and managed to lose a game (TAMU) in which they enjoyed a +6 t/o advantage. I don't care how great an opponent is, if you get a +6 t/o ratio, you should win going away if you're even halfway decent.

Now we're 3 games in and OM has still not played a team that looks good. I thought the Texas game was going to be their rude awakening, but who knew Texas was going to be so historically bad. You can't say it was due to OM being that good, because Texas sucked as bad versus a pedestrian BYU.

Now, if OM manages to play well against Bama, I'll reconsider, because then I'll have a solid reason to.

I hate it as much as the next guy, but I think this is where our bulldog glasses get caught up when it comes to the bears. I read over and over that "they haven't played anyone" and "we're the only team with a winning record that they've beaten." I'm a gambler and I realize that it is a paper thin to measure a football team by Wins and Losses...you have to look at how they play and how they win or lose. The big thing about the bears that I rode to a lot of money last year is how competitive they were in most all of their games. They were practically 1 play in 3 different games from putting up a 10 win season. As a Bulldog, I would die for that sort of shit right now but most of our fans see those losses and are like "lol, silly bears losin' games. They aren't good and are overhyped." It was their lack of depth last year where they lost those games in the 4th quarter and now they seem to have a bit more depth which is why the media has picked them up and put them on a pedastal. I hope Bama knocks them the hell off, but they are still a good team.

The "haven't beaten anybody" argument is just stupid if you consider yourself even an average intelligent football fan. Like I said, I wish we showed even the slightest bit of competitiveness against the better teams in the conference (don't give me that Auburn BS since we barely lost. They are terrible and I can't believe some of our fans are acting like Auburn's back and one of the top teams in the nation. Pretty sure the same thing was all over our message boards last year after we beat them and then they didn't win a single SEC game.)

Bear@Work
09-20-2013, 01:44 PM
No one will have a harder 4 game stretch than OM. If they go 2-2 or better, they're a very good team. I just don't see it though. 1-3 is my guess

Tennessee is not amused.

@ #2 Oregon
@ #19 Florida
South Alabama
#9 Georgia
#12 South Carolina
@ #1 Alabama

msstate7
09-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Tennessee is not amused.

@ #2 Oregon
@ #19 Florida
South Alabama
#9 Georgia
#12 South Carolina
@ #1 Alabama
Geez that's tough. That's toughest 6 game stretch. I'll stick my 4 game streak claim though

Jack Lambert
09-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Tennessee is not amused.

@ #2 Oregon
@ #19 Florida
South Alabama
#9 Georgia
#12 South Carolina
@ #1 Alabama

I don't know if Florida is all that good.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 02:00 PM
I hate it as much as the next guy, but I think this is where our bulldog glasses get caught up when it comes to the bears. I read over and over that "they haven't played anyone" and "we're the only team with a winning record that they've beaten." I'm a gambler and I realize that it is a paper thin to measure a football team by Wins and Losses...you have to look at how they play and how they win or lose. The big thing about the bears that I rode to a lot of money last year is how competitive they were in most all of their games. They were practically 1 play in 3 different games from putting up a 10 win season. As a Bulldog, I would die for that sort of shit right now but most of our fans see those losses and are like "lol, silly bears losin' games. They aren't good and are overhyped." It was their lack of depth last year where they lost those games in the 4th quarter and now they seem to have a bit more depth which is why the media has picked them up and put them on a pedastal. I hope Bama knocks them the hell off, but they are still a good team.

The "haven't beaten anybody" argument is just stupid if you consider yourself even an average intelligent football fan. Like I said, I wish we showed even the slightest bit of competitiveness against the better teams in the conference (don't give me that Auburn BS since we barely lost. They are terrible and I can't believe some of our fans are acting like Auburn's back and one of the top teams in the nation. Pretty sure the same thing was all over our message boards last year after we beat them and then they didn't win a single SEC game.)

I assume the 3 games you are referring to are:
1) TAMU - As a betting man, you should especially know that losing a game by 3 points when you own a +4 t/o is REALLY bad, and something pro bettors take into account when evaluating a team's "ability".
2) LSU - Yes, this was a close game. Not at all uncommon in rivalry games, even when one team is vastly superior. Our stats against LSU were similar, but ball didn't bounce our way as much. Game was much closer than the score indicated.
3) Vanderbilt - Decent win, but Vandy was a similar team that beat a bunch of weak teams last year. Close loss to Vandy not that special, and certainly doesn't trump the 3 ass-kickings they got last year, one at the hands of a mediocre Texas team at home.

You bringing our season last year into it has no bearing. We did suck last year, or at least the coaches did. The fact that we sucked just lends more credence to the theory that OM was not as good as you want to believe, because we were their "quality win", the only one they got last year versus a D1 team with a winning record.

Do you really expect reasonable people to be impressed that OM beat a several really bad football teams and us last year? As a betting man, you have to consider the opposition.

And if you're gonna try to make hay about them being "1 play away". then you have to include the win against Arky as being one play away from another loss and a losing record.

dawgindothan
09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
1) TAMU - As a betting man, you should especially know that losing a game by 3 points when you own a +6 t/o is REALLY bad, and something pro bettors take into account when evaluating a team's "ability".

TSUN wasn't +6 against A&M last year. They were +4. A&M had 6 turnovers. TSUN had 2 turnovers. One of TSUN's 2 turnovers was a pick 6.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM

I'm not buying this shit. It took them 6 damn turnovers to get within 3 of A&M. If A&M doesn't shit the bed, they beat OM by 30 last year. Also, how about that Texas team that spanked that ass? Did you win money on that competitive loss? LSU...I will give em that one. But they still lost.

And at the end of the day, "they didn't BEAT anybody worth a shit" still means they didn't "BEAT" anybody worth a shit...and they didn't. Now, if you want to change it to "they didn't compete with anybody worth a shit", you would be correct.

It's funny to me how OM can use shit like "Mullen hasn't beaten a team not named OM in the West" and "MSU only beat so many teams with a winning record last year", or whatever, and the whole fan base buys their garbage and starts repeating it....but let a MSU fan say the truth, which is "Ole Miss didn't beat any good teams last year" and one of our "own" (which is debateable) jumps to Ole Miss's defense and changes "didn't beat" to "did compete in betting man's terms". Just silly IMO

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 09:40 AM
TSUN wasn't +6 against A&M last year. They were +4. A&M had 6 turnovers. TSUN had 2 turnovers. One of TSUN's 2 turnovers was a pick 6.

Yes, I should have said +4, but the +4 was what I was using when calculating it was worth a 32-point swing in head-to-head. Split hairs if you want, but losing by 3 when you have a +4 is like losing by 35 when you are even, in a game like that.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 12:44 PM
And now the Bear's best opponent this year so far, Vandy, is in a slug-fest with UMass. Consider the opposition. Need I say more?

Bear@Work
09-21-2013, 12:51 PM
And now the Bear's best opponent this year so far, Vandy, is in a slug-fest with UMass. Consider the opposition. Need I say more?

Yep. And it looks like Georgia is also in a slugfest with North Texas as well as VT against Marshall. I guess this whole college football season is one big sham. No one is any good!

blacklistedbully
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Yep. And it looks like Georgia is also in a slugfest with North Texas as well as VT against Marshall. I guess this whole college football season is one big sham. No one is any good!

But with the Bears, they do not have a single game that proves otherwise. There is a difference.

Coach34
09-22-2013, 11:39 AM

I'll give you OM and 14 points- want it?