PDA

View Full Version : One thing should be now obvious....

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 12:49 PM
And that is recruiting MS prospects over the coming years is about to get very, very difficult for us in the coming years. We're now seeing the lengths that OM is willing to go to try and bury us with them before their casket is even in their own grave. I just hope that everybody involved in the recruiting process is aware they are being watched like hawks from angles they haven't even considered, and acts accordingly.

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Meh, Mullen runs a pretty tight ship.

I'm sure they will try to nail us, but for some reason, I'm not really worried about it.

I think it's an overblown narrative. It's not like OM is going to have much credibility with the NCAA anyway

mstatefan91
08-25-2017, 01:00 PM
No it's not.. Keep our boosters in check. Hell our biggest competition is going to be Bama/LSU, but they get what they want anyway.

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 01:02 PM

I'm sure they will try to nail us, but for some reason, I'm not really worried about it.

I think it's an overblown narrative. It's not like OM is going to have much credibility with the NCAA anyway

Mullen is just one of many people involved in the recruiting process. But I do at least agree that any hypothetical punishment ever headed our way will be much less severe than what OM is dealing with if our coaches are not involved.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Recruiting in state players will be very easy the next several years.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2017, 01:04 PM

It's because after the cheating, lying, leaks, and cover-ups from Ole Miss, the NCAA won't believe anything they bring against MSU for a long, long time.

BrunswickDawg
08-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Mullen is just one of many people involved in the recruiting process. But I do at least agree that any hypothetical punishment ever headed our way will be much less severe than what OM is dealing with if our coaches are not involved.

There is no hypothetical punishment. Not even remotely. It's all an OM smokescreen.

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Recruiting in state players will be very easy the next several years.

I didn't mean difficult in terms if getting good results. I meant difficult in terms of the process not getting sloppy. Perhaps I should have worded it differently.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Should be the least of our worries.

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
There is no hypothetical punishment. Not even remotely. It's all an OM smokescreen.

I know, that's what makes it hypothetical. It doesn't exist and may or may not ever exist. I'm not talking about the Leo stuff. I'm talking about stuff that could happen 3, 4, 5 years down the road.

Bodaski
08-25-2017, 01:29 PM
OM will disguise as a MSU alum and offer a kid $$$$. Kids will be kids. Don't dare think for 1 minute they want stoop that low either. A wounded animal is the most dangerous.

AlSwearengen
08-25-2017, 01:46 PM
My biggest concern is rebel boosters trying to pay certain recruits to go anyplace other than MSU.

Pollodawg
08-25-2017, 01:48 PM
There is no hypothetical punishment. Not even remotely. It's all an OM smokescreen.thank you. Stop this stupid shit now.

NCDawg
08-25-2017, 02:18 PM
I didn't mean difficult in terms if getting good results. I meant difficult in terms of the process not getting sloppy. Perhaps I should have worded it differently.

I think you're probably right. They had a big influence in bringing down 2 of our best coaches, Bob Tyler and Jackie Sherrill. We must be very careful.

JoseBrown
08-25-2017, 02:43 PM
My biggest concern is rebel boosters trying to pay certain recruits to go anyplace other than MSU.

Don't worry about that. The kids are much smarter than that. Look at Leo, he took their money and did what he wanted to do anyway. Their money will have no influence on kids not going to State, unless the kid just wants to go to Umiss.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2017, 03:42 PM

Why are you parroting the UM line?

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2017, 03:42 PM

And he is helping to spread it. The question is why?

FISHDAWG
08-25-2017, 03:52 PM
not to worried given their limited contact, OV's, schollie reductions, ect..... in other words, when and who will they use to set us up .... we probably won't even be recruiting the same level of players after the penalties come out ..... (ok, I know to never underestimate them but how seriously would a legitimate SEC recruit take them ?)
Not contradicting you because I had the same thought but the more I think about it I believe we will run in different circles concerning recruiting in the near future

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 04:01 PM
And he is helping to spread it. The question is why?

Cause I'm a closet BEARZ!!!!

Read my other post regarding the actual definition of the word hypothetical (since evidently you don't know it) and read a history lesson or two on Will Redmond and Jackie Sherrill while you're at it. I'm not parroting any OM line about Leo, that is all BS and everyone knows it. I'm just pointing out that they will stop at nothing to drag us down with them so our powers that be need to be careful.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Cause I'm a closet BEARZ!!!!

Read my other post regarding the actual definition of the word hypothetical (since evidently you don't know it) and read a history lesson or two on Will Redmond and Jackie Sherrill while you're at it. I'm not parroting any OM line about Leo, that is all BS and everyone knows it. I'm just pointing out that they will stop at nothing to drag us down with them so our powers that be need to be careful.

YES, you are parroting their line. There is NO hypothetical punishment. You are doing exactly what THEY want you to do. Just stop.

HSVDawg
08-25-2017, 04:43 PM
YES, you are parroting their line. There is NO hypothetical punishment.

No ****ing shit. No hypothetical anything exists. That is the very definition of the word. Read a dictionary. The whole point of that statement was that we would be in much better shape than OM if anything, ever, in the completely unknowable future put us on the NCAA's naughty list because our coaching staff is above getting involved in pay for play, lying to recruits / media, and calling hookers. It was actually a positive comment in our favor that you took great exception to, for some reason.

You are doing exactly what THEY want you to do. Just stop.

Pointing out how irrational, psychotic, obsessed, and revenge driven everyone at OM is from the fans all the way up to the administration and boosters. That is what "THEY want me to do"? Would love to hear the explanation on that one.

Cooterpoot
08-25-2017, 04:49 PM
And that is recruiting MS prospects over the coming years is about to get very, very difficult for us in the coming years. We're now seeing the lengths that OM is willing to go to try and bury us with them before their casket is even in their own grave. I just hope that everybody involved in the recruiting process is aware they are being watched like hawks from angles they haven't even considered, and acts accordingly.

Bracky says get the hell outta here with that.