PDA

View Full Version : Well KY fans are seriously drinking the Kool-Aid...

IMissJack
08-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Watched Finebaum this afternoon a little, and several KY callers called in with very high expectations. Apparently we are a gimme.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Yeah according to booger last night Fitz is gonna have to shoulder the load in the run game cause we have no proven running backs lol

BeardoMSU
08-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Yeah according to booger last night Fitz is gonna have to shoulder the load in the run game cause we have no proven running backs lol

Yep. We'll be the first 5-7 team to have a Heisman finalist at QB with 5000 total yards and 60 tds.**

msbulldog
08-24-2017, 07:00 PM
I have a really good feeling about this team and how everything is coming together, we will surprise some folks this year.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Yep. We'll be the first 5-7 team to have a Heisman finalist at QB with 5000 total yards and 60 tds.**

Exactly lol! I don't think ol booger majored in any kind of math!

dickiedawg
08-25-2017, 06:00 AM
If a team on our schedule had gone 5-7 with the worst defense in the conference last year and lost the best WR in school history, we'd probably be writing them off too.

We were not a good football team a year ago.

Dawgface
08-25-2017, 06:48 AM
If a team on our schedule had gone 5-7 with the worst defense in the conference last year and lost the best WR in school history, we'd probably be writing them off too.

No doubt.

Bubb Rubb
08-25-2017, 08:12 AM

Not to mention, they beat us last year, too.

They have every right to think they can beat us. They are improving. We will have to play better, no doubt.

QuadrupleOption
08-25-2017, 08:15 AM

They have every right to think they can beat us. They are improving. We will have to play better, no doubt.

Well I get that but we had our worst defense in the Mullen era (hell since Jackie's last years really) and it still took a last second field goal for them to beat us at their own house. I'm not worried about Kentucky honestly. I think they'll give us a good game but Mullen's gonna pad that record to 8-1 against them this season.

TrapGame
08-25-2017, 08:19 AM
A DC hire that was a home run. A definite starting QB with an improved RB situation. And a decent kicker.

Ain't no way we go 5-7.

We played like shit last year and still UK had to kick the field goal to beat us. We will win this one by at least two tds.

Tbonewannabe
08-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Well I get that but we had our worst defense in the Mullen era (hell since Jackie's last years really) and it still took a last second 52 yardfield goal for them to beat us at their own house. I'm not worried about Kentucky honestly. I think they'll give us a good game but Mullen's gonna pad that record to 8-1 against them this season.

Our defense was crappy due to Sirmon, not really the players. You can tell because we had several games that we had good defense at least for part of the game. Sirmon just couldn't call a game worth a shit.

Tbonewannabe
08-25-2017, 08:27 AM
I will say that Stoops has given UK fans a shot in the arm of passion for football. They were very obnoxious last year at the stadium but that was very different than previous years of a kind of apathy toward the game. Before last year, the times we have went it was almost that they were more interested in the horse racing going on that day or basketball practice. Now at least they seem to care about football.

Ari Gold
08-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Mullen 7-1 against UK. I like our chances.. Cat fans need to stay in their lane when it comes to football. And be happy with 6 wins.

Bubb Rubb
08-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Well I get that but we had our worst defense in the Mullen era (hell since Jackie's last years really) and it still took a last second field goal for them to beat us at their own house. I'm not worried about Kentucky honestly. I think they'll give us a good game but Mullen's gonna pad that record to 8-1 against them this season.

I'm not saying they will beat us. In fact, I'm pretty sure they won't. All I'm saying is that it's at least reasonable that Kentucky fans think they can win that game. They had some decent moments last year, including beating Louisville. They have reason for optimism.

IMissJack
08-25-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm not saying they will beat us. In fact, I'm pretty sure they won't. All I'm saying is that it's at least reasonable that Kentucky fans think they can win that game. They had some decent moments last year, including beating Louisville. They have reason for optimism.

I don't disagree with you, that they beat us last year, etc. However, there is a difference in a last second 50 yd fieldgoal win at home, and a definite win. I should add, they were basically saying GA and FL were the only games they should be underdogs. That doesn't say much for TN, SC, etc.

Bubb Rubb
08-25-2017, 09:06 AM
I don't disagree with you, that they beat us last year, etc. However, there is a difference in a last second 50 yd fieldgoal win at home, and a definite win. I should add, they were basically saying GA and FL were the only games they should be underdogs. That doesn't say much for TN, SC, etc.

Well, we have people on our side predicting 10 wins this season. That doesn't mean our entire fanbase are delusional. I suspect there are a few irrational, delusional fans who think the Tennessee game is a gimme, but most of them are fairly realistic, but hopeful about their season. This time of year, everyone is undefeated and hope springs eternal. Hell, there's a lot of Ole Miss fans still thinking they will win 8 or 9 games this year. It will all start to sort itself out very quickly.

smootness
08-25-2017, 09:35 AM
You'll notice that pretty much every team that is not at the top of the league considers just about all of their games against teams also not at the top of the league to be wins every year.

When going down the schedule and predicting W-L, we're usually going to have most fans go by games like Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc. and mark a W. Well, those same schools are going to do the same for us. Just the way it is.

smootness
08-25-2017, 09:37 AM

You're acting as though fans are rational analysts. They are not.

IMissJack
08-25-2017, 09:40 AM
You're acting as though fans are rational analysts. They are not.

This is the answer all around...

Joethedawg1
08-25-2017, 09:47 AM
Watched Finebaum this afternoon a little, and several KY callers called in with very high expectations. Apparently we are a gimme.

Don't be surprised if Mississippi Southern doesn't beat Ky in Hattiesburg. Also, I don't see them beating SC, Fl, or Georgia. They were lucky last year against State, with a last second field goal, as bad a state was last year.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2017, 09:48 AM

Well they have beaten us once in seven years, they have been to a bowl game once in seven year, that one year they beat us was on their home turf with a long last second lucky field goal, I guess they have every reason to think they will beat us in Starkville.

smootness
08-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Well they have beaten us once in seven years, they have been to a bowl game once in seven year, that one year they beat us was on their home turf with a long last second lucky field goal, I guess they have every reason to think they will beat us in Starkville.

Again, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that college football fans will throw logic and facts out the window when predicting their upcoming season.

DownwardDawg
08-25-2017, 10:00 AM
I believe we will easily beat UK. I think Fitz and Williams will run all over them and our D is gonna be much better than last year.

KentuckyDawg13
08-25-2017, 10:11 AM
UK fans truly never think of MSU as a definite loss, EVER. May be due to their basketball mentality, but I have several friends that support that school and every year they say the same thing. Have to say, being @ UK last season when they won on a last second field goal represented the years of frustration we MSU fans have endured. The obnoxiousness displayed by their fans last season was something to behold as usually they are subtle during football season.

This season, MSU will whoop them by 2 touchdowns plus. Nevermind, it's Homecoming @ MSU.

RougeDawg
08-25-2017, 11:48 AM

Not necessarily. If Dan plays the correct personnel first 6 games we have 2 more wins at least. The UK loss was mainly due to dan not getting helped out by an injury to Holloway early in the season. Same thing happened with JRob and paper bag perk playing over him. JRob comes in, propels us to two late season W's and into Liberty bowl. Dak comes back for Bowl and both of these things propel us into 2014 season. Without that injury to perk in 13, we do not make liberty bowl and most likely never have the 2014 success.

Why is this so difficult to see and/or remember?

TimberBeast
08-25-2017, 12:55 PM

It's mind bottling.

Tbonewannabe
08-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Not necessarily. If Dan plays the correct personnel first 6 games we have 2 more wins at least. The UK loss was mainly due to dan not getting helped out by an injury to Holloway early in the season. Same thing happened with JRob and paper bag perk playing over him. JRob comes in, propels us to two late season W's and into Liberty bowl. Dak comes back for Bowl and both of these things propel us into 2014 season. Without that injury to perk in 13, we do not make liberty bowl and most likely never have the 2014 success.

Dan does have an infatuation with trying to make scat backs into the premier back instead of change of pace.