PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Recruiting Class ranked third by Perfect Game

Todd4State
08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Get ready people- this is the type of recruiting that is going to become more normal for us in baseball. The only people ahead of us are Vanderbilt and LSU.

Long way to go until the draft and obviously a class like that is going to have some MLB prospects in it. Cole Winn just moved to California- I think the Los Angeles area- probably to face better competition. Carter Stewart, JT Ginn, Bryce Bush, Jeremiah Jackson, and Basiel Williams are other guys that are draft prospects out of our class. Luke Hancock and Hayden Jones are catchers that have both had some of the better POP times in their Showcases. Landon Jordan is a good hitter that can play MIF and is going to be a great player in college. Eric Cerantola is one of the best pitchers in Canada- and he is a guy that I really like his video. Brandon Smith from Richland probably is going to be a pitcher for us and might end up being a closer depending on who all comes to school.

Also- no JUCO guys yet.

I really like what I see in this class. I'll let I'll seen it Dawg deliver his line about Cann right now.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Excellent post, Todd! I seen it slow on the draw today lol

AusTexDawg
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Even looking at the average rank per player (https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Recruiting/Rankings.aspx?g=2018), they have us Top 5 (behind Vandy, Florida, LSU and TCU). Hopefully the coaches can use their inside connections to get the kids on campus when the time comes. Good info as always, Todd.

Todd4State
08-24-2017, 05:42 PM
Excellent post, Todd! I seen it slow on the draw today lol

It must be busy at the Denver Airport.

Todd4State
08-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Even looking at the average rank per player (https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Recruiting/Rankings.aspx?g=2018), they have us Top 5 (behind Vandy, Florida, LSU and TCU). Hopefully the coaches can use their inside connections to get the kids on campus when the time comes. Good info as always, Todd.

I think that this will be the first class that we really notice Cann's superpowers. Very exciting time to be a MSU baseball fan!

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Yep y'all listen to Todd on this one. It's gonna be good times!

I seen it dawg
08-24-2017, 06:32 PM
I don't think everyone quite understands what we have as our head baseball coach

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 06:34 PM
And there it is! I seen it puts his stamp on it!

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Ginn playing in Minnesota today in Team USA trials.

Todd4State
08-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Ginn playing in Minnesota today in Team USA trials.

I just saw on Twitter that Ginn made the Team USA U18 team.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 10:33 PM
I just saw on Twitter that Ginn made the Team USA U18 team.

Yep Mike texted me a little while ago. He's pumped and so proud JT wearing the red, white and blue! They're a great family and JT a great kid! Gonna be good Dawgs even though Mike is a huge gator fan!

AlSwearengen
08-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Yep Mike texted me a little while ago. He's pumped and so proud JT wearing the red, white and blue! They're a great family and JT a great kid! Gonna be good Dawgs even though Mike is a huge gator fan!

Ginn probably could have gone to Florida, no?

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 10:57 PM
Ginn probably could have gone to Florida, no?

Mike let JT make the decision and he committed when he was a freshman and shut down his recruitment completely. Mike really wanted him to pick lsu but JT wanted State and now that Cann is here it's even better. I always though he was gonna go to ole miss cause he played travel ball with the bianco boys for years and is good friends with the family. He loves the Dude and really wants to play at the NEw Dude.

AlSwearengen
08-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Mike let JT make the decision and he committed when he was a freshman and shut down his recruitment completely. Mike really wanted him to pick lsu but JT wanted State and now that Cann is here it's even better. I always though he was gonna go to ole miss cause he played travel ball with the bianco boys for years and is good friends with the family. He loves the Dude and really wants to play at the NEw Dude.

Ahh. Well, I assumed from reading your posts that the family was made up of a bunch of MSU legacies. My optimism level just clicked down a little.