PDA

View Full Version : Harvey threatening Game 1?

PMDawg
08-24-2017, 01:08 PM
GFS model has the remnants (still fairly organized) over NE mississippi Friday and into Saturday next week. At the very least, we should be playing on a very wet field.

mstatefan91
08-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Looks like it would have to come to a crawl to impact Saturday afternoon. However, a wet field is very very possible

Dallas_Dawg
08-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Looks like it would have to come to a crawl to impact Saturday afternoon. However, a wet field is very very possible

A wet field would be fine, although that would suck for tailgating. The biggest thing is Harvey may completely EFF up dove hunting. I don't get to go any more but I miss it.

MetEdDawg
08-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Just wanted to update you guys. If you are on the coast there, please be alert. NHC is saying that Harvey will become a major hurricane before landfall. Need to prepare immediately if you are in the landfall zone. Not only will the winds be high, but it looks highly likely that rain in excess of 1 foot will be possible over a large area of the landfall area.

Link to the NHC site: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

PMDawg
08-24-2017, 01:27 PM

It is going to slow to a crawl, stop, possibly back up into the gulf again, and make a 2nd landfall. Regardless, it will stall in texas until mid next week.

mstatefan91
08-24-2017, 01:29 PM
It is going to slow to a crawl, stop, possibly back up into the gulf again, and make a 2nd landfall. Regardless, it will stall in texas until mid next week.

Ahh.. well, ignore me. I'm not a weather aficionado..

Not sure which is worse: being soaking wet but not sweating my balls off or sweating my balls off to the point of being wet.. Damn east side

TheRef
08-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Harvey is expected to stall over the Texas coast for about 48-72 hours after initial landfall. With this in mind, those in Texas should expect extreme flooding and possibly a good bit of storm surge. Harvey is also forecast to be a major hurricane (Category 3+) at landfall. Although, Harvey is showing some pretty fast intensification.

TheRef
08-24-2017, 01:37 PM
This headline says it about as perfectly as possible:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIA9mNxXUAAeJyf.jpg

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Euro hinting at a second landfall near the TX/LA border Monday night into Tuesday morning as a major hurricane again. Nobody in the western or central Gulf needs to let their guard down on this storm.

Hasu Dackds
08-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Seems like this one is going to be one of those pain in the ass types that simply never go away. Just hangs out there f*cking things up for weeks.

Dawgbite
08-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I know this is very early but what will the weather look like on the Alabama coast for Labor Day weekend as a result of this thing.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2017, 02:40 PM
I know this is very early but what will the weather look like on the Alabama coast for Labor Day weekend as a result of this thing.

Partly cloudy with a chance of rednecks.

Dallas_Dawg
08-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Partly cloudy with a chance of rednecks.

I LOL'ed but it should say a 100% chance of rednecks.

Outside Dawg
08-24-2017, 03:01 PM
Not sure which is worse: being soaking wet but not sweating my balls off or sweating my balls off to the point of being wet.. Damn east side

That East side can be brutal on day games. Does anybody know what rows on lower level West side end up being covered by upper deck overhang? How high up is dry/in the shade?

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 03:02 PM
What could we possibly expect for the game next Saturday???? NOTICE I said possibly?

Beaver
08-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Remember, the game is over a week out. Trying to pinpoint a 7-day forecast is hard. Trying to pinpoint a 7-day with a possible Major Hurricane is...well...not easy. The pattern does look favorable for a slow moving storm, but there is plenty of time for it to change.

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Oh well.... We were soaking wet 8 years ago... Nothing changes in the SOUTH..... Just go prepared.... HAILSTATE......

mstatefan91
08-24-2017, 03:29 PM
What could we possibly expect for the game next Saturday???? NOTICE I said possibly?
Possibly.. rain.. possibly.. blistering heat.. definitely.. drunk people..

Doggie_Style
08-24-2017, 03:44 PM

Are we saying Dan may need to go with a slicker suit instead of shorts??****

mstatefan91
08-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Are we saying Dan may need to go with a slicker suit instead of shorts??****

Still no need for pants

http://www.madisonb2b.co.uk/netalogue/zoom/cl8471.jpg

Coursesuper
08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Harvey is expected to stall over the Texas coast for about 48-72 hours after initial landfall. With this in mind, those in Texas should expect extreme flooding and possibly a good bit of storm surge. Harvey is also forecast to be a major hurricane (Category 3+) at landfall. Although, Harvey is showing some pretty fast intensification.

Ref, we've been inundated on the MS coast is this thing going to back up on us? Our EMS is saying that we could get up to 20" off this storm. Is it going to get that bad?

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Saw one model with the rain moved out by gametime but us still under the influence of the remnants. That translates to a cloudy day with NW winds and highs in the low 70's. Before you all read this and go celebrate, that's one run of one model. Steering winds are weak and nobody knows what this thing is going to do other than drown TX.

mstatefan91
08-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Saw one model with the rain moved out by gametime but us still under the influence of the remnants. That translates to a cloudy day with NW winds and highs in the low 70's. Before you all read this and go celebrate, that's one run of one model. Steering winds are weak and nobody knows what this thing is going to do other than drown TX.

That would be the best news I've heard in a month

AusTexDawg
08-24-2017, 04:03 PM
That would be the best news I've heard in a month

Which part, "high in the low 70s" or the "drown Texas" part?***

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 04:46 PM

We will ALL PRAY you are correct Starkvegasdawg34 for sure..... PLEASE keep us posted.....

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2017, 04:49 PM
We will ALL PRAY you are correct Starkvegasdawg34 for sure..... PLEASE keep us posted.....

Last I saw without any tropical influence things are looking like upper 80's at kick.

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Last I saw without any tropical influence things are looking like upper 80's at kick.

Hoping for the cooler weather......:cool:

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 04:54 PM

COOLER weather please......