PDA

View Full Version : Is this Ben Garrett guy real or an act?

Tailgate Superstar
08-24-2017, 11:27 AM
First off, I apologize if this guy is just an act. I have a hard time believing someone lives with this level of delusion and lack of self awareness in their daily life. He totally embarrassed himself with the "homer of all homers" Wolken interview. He follows up his Wolken debacle podcast by spending an inordinate amount of time in his next one telling us how he never even thinks about State. Read that last sentence again.

He also tells us that State fans worry more about Ole Miss than we do State as evidenced by the number of State fans that listened to his Wolken debacle. Hey Ben, we listened because it was hilarious. We love State but we also are able to take great enjoyment from the total mismanagement and ensuing hilarity that is your NCAA case. See how that works, people can actually do two things at the same time.

Anyway, keep the NCAA related podcasts coming. Each one is more delusional than the last one. Again, I apologize if this guy is just some comedy act and I fell for it. If this guy is in fact real, he is in for some really bad news in a few months.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Maybe he's trying to do satire*****

Yeah he maybe the biggest idiot of them all and thats saying something!

Hasu Dackds
08-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Stop worrying about it. Their superiority complex is all they have left, and when you post things like this, you validate their claims.

That said, I do think we all need to do our part is spreading our agenda. We prosper when those shitheads are in the dumpster.

Mimi's Babies
08-24-2017, 11:39 AM
So this delusional soul said nothing about at least 3 job positing this AM with the possibility of the Softball coach leaving the sinking ship also?

Where is a journalism school....

JDog13
08-24-2017, 11:43 AM
He is a comedy act, and he is real.

Mjoelner34
08-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Is he the guy who wrote that article saying that the investigation was a good thing? If not, who was that?

BeastMan
08-24-2017, 11:49 AM
I think Ben is a good dude and like it or not, he's a talented radio/pod and media guy. However, I think he's existed in the OM/Chuck/Yancy/Oxford bubble for way too long and he's way too emotionally invested. If Ben covered the Saints for example, he's a Cowboys fan, i think he'd do a great job. He's in this bubble where he thinks all MSU fans hate him and he's in some kind of battle. The truth is the majority of MSU fans have never heard of him and he's not fighting anything, OM as an institution & athletic department are. One good thing about my locale and profession is I interact every day with hundreds of people that are both State & OM people. The truth is most folks in MS are good and decent people who don't give one solitary damn about the Egg Bowl internet wars. So I have a unique perspective to balance the internet stuff, which I view for entertainment, vs thinking twitter and message boards are real serious business. They aren't.

Tailgate Superstar
08-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Stop worrying about it. Their superiority complex is all they have left, and when you post things like this, you validate their claims.

That said, I do think we all need to do our part is spreading our agenda. We prosper when those shitheads are in the dumpster.

Trust me, I'm not worried about it. I think it is hilarious.

paco
08-24-2017, 12:39 PM
First off, I apologize if this guy is just an act. I have a hard time believing someone lives with this level of delusion and lack of self awareness in their daily life. He totally embarrassed himself with the "homer of all homers" Wolken interview. He follows up his Wolken debacle podcast by spending an inordinate amount of time in his next one telling us how he never even thinks about State. Read that last sentence again.

He also tells us that State fans worry more about Ole Miss than we do State as evidenced by the number of State fans that listened to his Wolken debacle. Hey Ben, we listened because it was hilarious. We love State but we also are able to take great enjoyment from the total mismanagement and ensuing hilarity that is your NCAA case. See how that works, people can actually do two things at the same time.

Anyway, keep the NCAA related podcasts coming. Each one is more delusional than the last one. Again, I apologize if this guy is just some comedy act and I fell for it. If this guy is in fact real, he is in for some really bad news in a few months.

I know of not a single MSU fan that is WORRIED about ole miss. Everyone I know is getting great entertainment value (especially during the Dawg Days of Summer) from the soap opera in Oxford. Personally, I am laughing hysterically at the rebs getting exposed and busted for running the most corrupt program in NCAA history. Hey rebs, we are laughing at you and your demise. You are now an ant in the big picture. You are in MSU's rearview mirror. In three years, you won't even be our rival.

JoseBrown
08-24-2017, 01:04 PM
I think Ben is a good dude and like it or not, he's a talented radio/pod and media guy. However, I think he's existed in the OM/Chuck/Yancy/Oxford bubble for way too long and he's way too emotionally invested. If Ben covered the Saints for example, he's a Cowboys fan, i think he'd do a great job. He's in this bubble where he thinks all MSU fans hate him and he's in some kind of battle. The truth is the majority of MSU fans have never heard of him and he's not fighting anything, OM as an institution & athletic department are. One good thing about my locale and profession is I interact every day with hundreds of people that are both State & OM people. The truth is most folks in MS are good and decent people who don't give one solitary damn about the Egg Bowl internet wars. So I have a unique perspective to balance the internet stuff, which I view for entertainment, vs thinking twitter and message boards are real serious business. They aren't.

In my former profession I worked with majority State fans, but my customers were mostly ReBears. And yes, we did a great job, so we inflated their egos and joyed secretly in their misery. But my customer base included many Ben Garrett types. Some were the Hugh Freeze types, really bad and slimy individuals. I was shown an entirely new lifestyle than anything I had ever been a part of previously in my adult life. But, fortunately, my job did not entail me getting too personal if I didn't choose to, and I fired a few out of my companies sight line out of strict refusal to associate with them. But I did make some very valuable relationships with plenty.
Don't risk not believing any stories out of Oxford because you wouldn't behave that way. There are some real losers there and in their network...

Political Hack
08-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Who's he work for? Scout or rivals? I know it's not 247.

BeastMan
08-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Who's he work for? Scout or rivals? I know it's not 247.

Formerly Scout, now CBS which is 247. The Spirit is merging with Rebels 247

Spiderman
08-24-2017, 07:17 PM

He's real, an a perfect example of 99.9% of Ole Miss fans

DeputyDawg94
08-24-2017, 08:42 PM
That's not fair guys!! Y'all are not being fair!����***