PDA

View Full Version : We're fixin' to go Agamemnon on the Trojans!

blacklistedbully
09-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I just have a feeling we're going to expel some demons this Saturday. Won't be a Trojan Horse this time, rather more of a "shock & awe" dismantling.

Offense is gonna click, and defense is gonna run roughshod over them. In other words, we're gonna "go Greek" all over that Trojan ass! ;)

42-17

engie
09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I hope you are right. The young defense will get baptized by fire in this one and I'm hoping they show us more aggression and much more sure tackling... Having 5 of our best DBs potentially sitting out is not confidence inspiring however...

I'll be disappointed if the offense puts up anything less than 500 yards -- and that's true if we see Williams again as well...

cheewgumm
09-19-2013, 05:17 PM
That's what she said....

blacklistedbully
09-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Guess I haven't paid attention to injury reports. Aside from Hughes & I think I heard Calhoun, who else is out?

engie
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Love, Arrington, and Whitley are all questionable this week.

Still don't know what the deal is with Calhoun...

blacklistedbully
09-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Love, Arrington, and Whitley are all questionable this week.

Still don't know what the deal is with Calhoun...

Ouch! That's not good, but I still think our D-line & LBs are gonna dominate, relieving some pressure on our DBs. More of a gut feelings, I suppose, mixed in with the knowledge that we should be more talented. I get a sense Mullen & staff are finally gonna cut loose and have a breakout game offensively against a D1 opponent. I think they're gonna look at the Auburn film and make a special note not to abandon what was working unless it's to do the smart things good coached do when the other team's defense tries to compensate, such as stacking the box, etc.

FlabLoser
09-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I hope you are right. The young defense will get baptized by fire in this one and I'm hoping they show us more aggression and much more sure tackling... Having 5 of our best DBs potentially sitting out is not confidence inspiring however...

I'll be disappointed if the offense puts up anything less than 500 yards -- and that's true if we see Williams again as well...

Our team tackled exceptionally well against OSU. Shedded blocks. Made open field tackles. The whole deal. How did that all go so bad at Auburn?

I have no idea what to expect with Troy.

engie
09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Our team tackled exceptionally well against OSU. Shedded blocks. Made open field tackles. The whole deal. How did that all go so bad at Auburn?

I have no idea what to expect with Troy.

Agreed... We had MA's against OSU -- and missed tackles vs AU(and blown coverages). Bout ready for us to put it all together for a game to see just how good we can be...

DownwardDawg
09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
The mud will be a foot deep on the field. I don't see 42 points.

Behrdawg
09-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Hope your right...but their QB is one of the best in Division 1 football right now- by the numbers...

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm really worried about our secondary. They torched us last year when we had the best secondary in the league

Coach 57
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
They run the "mesh" and it is a very uptempo quick read offense. Little to no 5 step drops at all. It's all one-two steps drops. Should be interesting. Our length at the front 7 will see a few batted balls. Just about timing. I hope it floods!

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2013, 10:32 PM
It will be a 7 point game. Their QB is good. Our secondary is bad. Our offense isn't racking up points. I just hope we are on the right side of the 7.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2013, 10:35 PM
It will be a 7 point game. Their QB is good. Our secondary is bad. Our offense isn't racking up points. I just hope we are on the right side of the 7.

If Dak starts, it shouldn't be that close. We should be able to run it down their throats and eat clock.

CJDAWG85
09-20-2013, 08:25 AM
We, as a program, need a blow out win... Just a good ol fashioned donkey stomping... 56 - 17

Bullmutt
09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
With the secondary ailing, we need the front seven to come up big, and they should. Ark St.'s D had good success blitzing and bringing pressure against Robinson, and he responded by throwing 3 INT's and a few other poorly thrown balls.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
The mud will be a foot deep on the field. I don't see 42 points.

I understand your logic, but a muddy field would greatly favor us, as it would be better for us on both sides of the ball. Mud takes away the offense's advantage of "knowing where they're goiing while the defense must react". While it does the same to our O, we should be able to pound it up the middle with our backs-not-named-Perkins.

Something to consider - as much as we're all tired of the unimaginative runs up the middle time & again, that's likely the best strategy if & when the field gets muddy. Don't expect many sweeps, as blocking for sweeps in mud is freaking hard.

Personally, I'd like to see us come out in the beginning, assuming the field is wet, but not yet muddy, and hit them with a nice mix of sweeps to Perkins, option plays with Dak & Perk, passes downfield, screen plays, etc, then switch to pound-it-up-the-middle with JRoB, Shumpert, Milton and/or Griffin when it gets muddy.

I still think we score plenty due to t/o's and field position we'll enjoy with their O facing our D-line & LB's in these conditions.