PDA

View Full Version : National (nobody gives a shit) Basketball Association

Dawg61
08-23-2017, 01:26 PM
not one single post on here or on SPS about the big NBA trade last night and I LOVE IT!! Thank you Elitedawgs for being a place where I can find people with similar interests as myself. I had to unfollow the NBA on Instagram and twitter today because it is the ****ing summer, football is about to start and nobody gives a shit about Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas. Rant over

confucius say
08-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Isaiah Thomas still plays? Wow.

Dawgs87
08-23-2017, 01:41 PM
I certainly couldn't care less. Your post is the first thing i've heard about it.

Dawg61
08-23-2017, 01:53 PM
I certainly couldn't care less. Your post is the first thing i've heard about it.

That's amazing. You have done a much better job of shielding out the NBA than I have apparently.

mcain31
08-23-2017, 01:55 PM
It's a different Isaiah Thomas

Ari Gold
08-23-2017, 01:56 PM
I watch NBA on TNT for the pre game , halftime and post game just so I can listen to Sir Charles

Commercecomet24
08-23-2017, 01:59 PM

lol my sons told me Isaiah Thomas was involved in that trade and I said guys he retired years ago. They said no dad it's his son. That's how long it's been since I watched NBA!

TUSK
08-23-2017, 02:07 PM
What is this thing you call "basketball"?

RocketDawg
08-23-2017, 02:11 PM
I've never heard of either one of them. I think that the last NBA game I watched all the way through was when Bob Cousy was playing for the Celtics.

Dawgs87
08-23-2017, 02:11 PM
That's amazing. You have done a much better job of shielding out the NBA than I have apparently.

I grew up a huge basketball fan and played BB in HS. Even an NBA fan and I liked it better than football. But, ever since Sidney and Stans blew up the team, Rick Ray, etc. basketball just hasn't been the same. I just can't get that basketball hype flowing. I slowly transitioned from just watching the playoffs, to just the finals, to nothing. Not even the NCAA tourney. I just don't care.

vv83
08-23-2017, 02:13 PM
not one single post on here or on SPS about the big NBA trade last night and I LOVE IT!! Thank you Elitedawgs for being a place where I can find people with similar interests as myself. I had to unfollow the NBA on Instagram and twitter today because it is the ****ing summer, football is about to start and nobody gives a shit about Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas. Rant over

I feel like you defeated your own purpose with this post

Ifyouonlyknew
08-23-2017, 02:22 PM
lol my sons told me Isaiah Thomas was involved in that trade and I said guys he retired years ago. They said no dad it's his son. That's how long it's been since I watched NBA!

Tell your son don't go around repeating that to other people. They're not related.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-23-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm a diehard NBA guy but felt no need to bring that discussion here because this isn't the board for NBA talk. Would serve no purpose.

Commercecomet24
08-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Tell your son don't go around repeating that to other people. They're not related.

lol thanks for the heads up!

HereComesTheSpiral
08-23-2017, 02:36 PM
I watched more NHL games in April than NBA games combined over 15 years.

Apoplectic
08-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Eliminated NBA in 1984
Eliminated MLB at first major strike
Eliminated NFL 1992
Eliminated ESPN in 1997

So much more to life than being a puppet for ad execs

Dawg61
08-23-2017, 02:45 PM
I feel like you defeated your own purpose with this post

Ha my real purpose is to find out why nobody gives a shit about the NBA anymore. At least in the circles that I find myself in most frequently. I brought this same topic up during the NBA finals this year when once again there was zero posts on here and on SPS about the NBA finals. There is a trend happening here and nobody cares or seems to notice or is scared to talk about it for whatever reason. NFL/MLB posts happen all the time. Not the NBA though and the NBA doesn't appear to be struggling at all with attendance or money. Sorry I just find it kinda fascinating.

msstate7
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm a diehard NBA guy but felt no need to bring that discussion here because this isn't the board for NBA talk. Would serve no purpose.

You need to drop the NBA to give us even more recruiting tidbits**

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2017, 04:13 PM

They aren't related but he was named after him. His dad lost a bet on the Lakers - Pistons NBA finals. His dad (big Lakers fan) bet with a friend (Pistons fan) on the finals. He lost so he had to name his son after Isaiah Thomas.

BigEasyDawg
08-23-2017, 04:26 PM
I am a huge NBA fan as well, Go Spurs Go. However, to me this board is about MSU, college football, and other college sports. And ofcourse any thing else that in some way shape or form reminds us of maroon and white.

Speaking of which, Rodney Hood will have a break out year this year, just watch.

Dawg61
08-23-2017, 04:31 PM
They aren't related but he was named after him. His dad lost a bet on the Lakers - Pistons NBA finals. His dad (big Lakers fan) bet with a friend (Pistons fan) on the finals. He lost so he had to name his son after Isaiah Thomas.

Haha what an idiot

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2017, 04:42 PM
I am a huge NBA fan as well, Go Spurs Go. However, to me this board is about MSU, college football, and other college sports. And ofcourse any thing else that in some way shape or form reminds us of maroon and white.

Speaking of which, Rodney Hood will have a break out year this year, just watch.

Since moving to Atlanta, I have been to a couple of Hawks games. Last year wasn't great especially since Dwight Howard is a complete waste of time but the NBA is a lot more interesting than it used to be. It has steadily came back to a team game instead of just guys going one on one. Watching the Spurs, Memphis, and the Hawks (Coach Bud came from the Spurs), there is a lot more emphasis put on the actual team game. I like it but with zero Bulldogs in the NBA, not much interest on most of the MSU boards.

sandwolf
08-23-2017, 05:03 PM

Haha, that is actually really funny.

JoseBrown
08-23-2017, 05:23 PM

My thoughts exactly... I don't find too many folks to enjoy the pro game with anymore, but I'm still a fan. And I love watching Sir Charles and the Jet...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-23-2017, 08:25 PM
When Michael Jordan hung it up, I checked out

TimberBeast
08-23-2017, 08:59 PM

For me it was when the Mailman went to the Lakers. That was treason. I was tuning out already but at that point I completely stopped watching.

Reason2succeed
08-23-2017, 10:05 PM
I'd rather watch WWE. The NBA is partially rigged for more games in the playoffs. It became too obvious a few years ago.

Conspiracy you say?Ask a former ref. Now who's wearing a tin foil hat?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

Now their trying to correct it but it's too boring. This year I knew GS would win the Title before the season started.

Quaoarsking
08-23-2017, 10:09 PM
The current Isaiah Thomas played was a star at Washington, and we played against him (and lost) in the 2009 NCAA Tournament.

Schultzy
08-24-2017, 05:58 AM

I checked out when he came in because they changed the traveling rules for him. Three steps instead of two, ability to change your pivot foot and the jump step or whatever the hell they call it. I realize everyone got to do it but it just was no longer the game we grew up playing and I couldn't identify with it.

It's like changing the rules of baseball from three strikes to four or some crap like that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-24-2017, 09:31 AM
I'd rather watch WWE. The NBA is partially rigged for more games in the playoffs. It became too obvious a few years ago.

Conspiracy you say?Ask a former ref. Now who's wearing a tin foil hat?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

Now their trying to correct it but it's too boring. This year I knew GS would win the Title before the season started.

I got buried on another board for suggesting this a few years back. It is so true though.

TimberBeast
08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
I checked out when he came in because they changed the traveling rules for him. Three steps instead of two, ability to change your pivot foot and the jump step or whatever the hell they call it. I realize everyone got to do it but it just was no longer the game we grew up playing and I couldn't identify with it.

It's like changing the rules of baseball from three strikes to four or some crap like that.

Or making it where you can't hit the quarterback anymore.

BigEasyDawg
08-24-2017, 01:23 PM

Or when they started making you wear a facemask in football ****
Sports change and evolve over time just like anything else. Most of it is for the better but some aren't. Basketball players are faster, stronger, and more athletic than ever so these rules are made to make the game more interesting, or at-least supposed to. I love big hits in football more than anybody, but what good would it have done to see Peyton get smashed like Archie used to and then him be out for a season. Heck no, I want to watch him play. Thats what these rules are about.

ETA: I do admit though that it is ridiculous how the refs don't call travels in the NBA even when a player takes about 6 steps to the rim.