PDA

View Full Version : Chances COI hearing delayed..

Dolphus Raymond
08-21-2017, 12:06 PM
I say >50% chance.(And it will not be a "good thing".) Lot of static about deals being made to lessen show-cause durations.
ETA I should have clarified that it would not be a "good thing" for Ole Miss it it were delayed. Means someone is talking.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2017, 12:10 PM
I say >50% chance.(And it will not be a "good thing".) Lot of static about deals being made to lessen show-cause durations.

Who is making the deal about the show cause? Is it ole miss trying to save Luke and the other coaches named who is till on staff or is it Freeze?

missouridawg
08-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Kiffin and Barney trying to save their own careers

DogsofAnarchy
08-21-2017, 12:16 PM

There is a 0% chance the hearing is delayed. No matter what deals OM is trying to make, it won't matter.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2017, 12:17 PM
It will be interesting how much longer UNM stalls to prevent penalties. Once they get this class locked in to prevent transfers then they would probably want to get them over with as quickly as possible.

Spiderman
08-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Still waiting for ignorant Yancy to explain why it hasn't been delayed since the Rebel Rags stuff got delayed.

msbulldog
08-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Might be a good thing, if these assistants are negotiating, some bodies might get unburied.

HSVDawg
08-21-2017, 12:29 PM
There is a 0% chance the hearing is delayed. No matter what deals OM is trying to make, it won't matter.

Exactly. The COI is just the verdict. The sentencing doesn't come until later.

preachermatt83
08-21-2017, 01:38 PM

This

anubus
08-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Delaying it would further punish Ole Miss.....do it!!!2018 recruiting would be vaporized and chances for more Rebel bufoonery

codeDawg
08-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Wolken said that Ole Miss is doing everything they can to keep it from being delayed.They want this wrapped up before the next shoe hits the floor.

JoseBrown
08-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Wolken said that Ole Miss is doing everything they can to keep it from being delayed.They want this wrapped up before the next shoe hits the floor.

That is exactly my belief too. If it gets delayed then Umiss is gonna have more hell to go through. So I hope it does get delayed. I'm not done rueing!

smootness
08-21-2017, 04:18 PM
I just don't see coaches getting immunity, at least not the ones in the thick of this. The NCAA wants to punish coaches just as much as they want to punish schools. They want to make it clear that you can't cheat like crazy, then move on and skate the penalties.

BiscuitEater
08-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Am thinking that it will NOT be delayed (~85%). Scheduled for 9/11/2017, ~20 days out. Schedules have been adjusted to meet that date.

Would take something really BIG to delay it. Does NOT mean that NOA#3 can't/won't happen if/when something else comes up. (See UNC case)

DawgPoundtheRock
08-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Am thinking that it will NOT be delayed (~85%). Scheduled for 9/11/2017, ~20 days out. Schedules have been adjusted to meet that date.

Would take something really BIG to delay it. Does NOT mean that NOA#3 can't/won't happen if/when something else comes up. (See UNC case)

^^This all day^^

I think the COI meeting will go on as scheduled. It will not contain any accusations about hookers for recruits either live or dead (hookers not recruits). It won't contain any corroborating testimony from former coaches trying to save their asses (careers). This meeting will be strictly on NOA's 1 & 2. NOA 3, however, does not seem to be out of the question.

barfly
08-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Such certainty. In my experience, hearings are always delayed. I've been waiting for this one, and I don't like it one damn bit. How many have said they cannot wait until the hearing is over....which I take as they're thinking they can then get about the business of proclaiming that's it's all behind them now, yada yada

gravedigger
08-21-2017, 07:45 PM
This

I was SO certain it wouldn't be delayed and then you post this.

So, next spring?