starkvegasdawg
08-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Not sure if Deutsch or not.

Cooterpoot
08-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Screw you Hev!

Todd4State
08-21-2017, 12:28 AM
If this is official, then we brought in a grand total of one ****ing high school offensive lineman in this class. One. Uno.

We brought in as many quarterbacks and punters as did offensive lineman. Let that sink in for a minute. At a position group where you should bring in a bare minimum of three and you really should probably bring in five because of the nature of the position we land one.

If there is anything holding our football program back it's Hevesy and it's past ****ing time to do something about it. Totally unacceptable. And if anything it's gotten worse since day one. And to top it off, we actually "dropped" an o-line recruit. And yeah he may have been a C-USA guy but I guarantee you he's ****ing better than the air that Hevesy landed. Oh- and the guy that actually did get in is on academic probation or something like that. So, it was pretty damn close to an 0-fer on o-line recruiting.

NCDawg
08-21-2017, 05:45 AM
If this is official, then we brought in a grand total of one ****ing high school offensive lineman in this class. One. Uno.

We brought in as many quarterbacks and punters as did offensive lineman. Let that sink in for a minute. At a position group where you should bring in a bare minimum of three and you really should probably bring in five because of the nature of the position we land one.

If there is anything holding our football program back it's Hevesy and it's past ****ing time to do something about it. Totally unacceptable. And if anything it's gotten worse since day one. And to top it off, we actually "dropped" an o-line recruit. And yeah he may have been a C-USA guy but I guarantee you he's ****ing better than the air that Hevesy landed. Oh- and the guy that actually did get in is on academic probation or something like that. So, it was pretty damn close to an 0-fer on o-line recruiting.

Are you sure about the one? I read where he may not be eligible either. At least we brought in 2 JC OL, although they will probably be our usual "projects", and not good enough to play this year.

Kyper
08-21-2017, 05:57 AM
Hev strikes again. Got 1 HS lineman into school along with 2 juco projects. Unless we have some big injuries, our juco's are going to redshirt this season.

Johnson85
08-21-2017, 06:17 AM
Hev strikes again. Got 1 HS lineman into school along with 2 juco projects. Unless we have some big injuries, our juco's are going to redshirt this season.with the way our ol recruiting is 17ed, we would need to redshirt them even if they could play. That's two years in a row without signing adequate numbers of OL (or one following signing the bare minimum). If they both redshirt and start two years, that means we can sign their replacements next year as long as we sign two guys good enough to play as redshirt freshmen.

civildawg
08-21-2017, 06:43 AM
We are going to look back on this class and say this is why we only won 5 games in a couple of years.

anubus
08-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Never understood why we have an o line coach that can't recruit linemen....the most crucial part of any offense.As far as the lineman recruited from my city....duval county is the worst district as far as education in the state of Florida.

Reason2succeed
08-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Someone call Cohen

Ari Gold
08-21-2017, 07:40 AM
It's pretty amazing. CDM biggest crutch and he won't do anything about it.. and the ****ing guy makes almost 500k..

chainedup_Dawg
08-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Someone call Cohen

Somebody definitely needs to bring some heat to Mullen on this issue, it's beyond the point of ridiculous. Wish Sammon (sp?) or somebody would hit him with questions regarding this

Hasu Dackds
08-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Any chance some defensive linemen get converted? We are on the brink of disaster, and were before Richardson didn't get in. Defcon 4. Jackie 2002/2003 stuff - coming to us as soon as 2019.

We better hit on the JUCOs, is all I can say.

1bigdawg
08-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Ok. It is a disaster. Still we have a solid group on campus. If we redshirt the JUCOs we still have 9 talented OLs at RFr or higher. And if we redshirt the JUCOs, that gives us 5 in next year's Junior class and 3 in the Soph group. We have the linemen to last into the 2020 season which means we have time to correct this year's disaster.

gtowndawg
08-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Haven't posted this yet but I met a recruit this summer (good recruit that was invited to Big Dawg camp...Steve mentioned this player in a couple of his recruiting updates). Anyway I asked him what coaches he met, how did he like it, etc. Mullen? "Yes, he's nice." Baker, "yeah, I like him a lot." Then he said one other guy, "big white guy that's a coach." I said Hevesy? "Yeah, that it." Was he nice? "No!! He tore into us deep." His words - he tore into us deep...and this guy doesn't even play oline.

That's not a practice, that's a camp for prospects. Hevesy can't help himself, literally. There's a reason players don't want to deal with him...nobody does. He should be told to avoid anything where a recruit will be. Not his school, not a camp, nothing. Tell him when practice starts and ends and tell him not to show his face anywhere else. Let Looney recruit lineman. It's beyond ridiculous. I think he can coach lineman, but as we all know that doesn't mean much when you can't bring in anyone.

Reason2succeed
08-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Haven't posted this yet but I met a recruit this summer (good recruit that was invited to Big Dawg camp...Steve mentioned this player in a couple of his recruiting updates). Anyway I asked him what coaches he met, how did he like it, etc. Mullen? "Yes, he's nice." Baker, "yeah, I like him a lot." Then he said one other guy, "big white guy that's a coach." I said Hevesy? "Yeah, that it." Was he nice? "No!! He tore into us deep." His words - he tore into us deep...and this guy doesn't even play oline.

That's not a practice, that's a camp for prospects. Hevesy can't help himself, literally. There's a reason players don't want to deal with him...nobody does. He should be told to avoid anything where a recruit will be. Not his school, not a camp, nothing. Tell him when practice starts and ends and tell him not to show his face anywhere else. Let Looney recruit lineman. It's beyond ridiculous. I think he can coach lineman, but as we all know that doesn't mean much when you can't bring in anyone.

In sales jobs they often give you a script to go by when you don't know what you're doing. Why not give Hev a script to stick to. Maybe that would keep him from sticking his foot in his mouth. If he can't do that then let him go and find someone else.

Johnson85
08-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Any chance some defensive linemen get converted? We are on the brink of disaster, and were before Richardson didn't get in. Defcon 4. Jackie 2002/2003 stuff - coming to us as soon as 2019.

We better hit on the JUCOs, is all I can say.

2018 - We're probably ok. Just need one OT to emerge.
LT - ??? Parker? Eiland? Phillips? Champion?
LG - Calhoun,
C - Jenkins,
RG - Story/Williams
RT - Reese

2019 - We've got some huge questions, but provided we end up with an adequate OT in 2018, the only question is Center and we have a lot of bodies to choose from. Anybody we sign in this class will also be RS Fr for this year.
LT - ??? Parker? Eiland? Phillips (assuming RS this year)? Champion (assuming RS this year)?
LG - Story,
C - ?,
RG - Williams
RT - Reese

2020 - Nobody really ever knows how they'll be this far our, but assuming no attrition or injuries and that all four pan out, we'll have Reese, Parker, Eiland, and Suggs. The people we sign in 2018 will be RS So at this point. Then our 2019 signees will be RS Fr.

The 2018 class is really the do or die year on the OL for us. I don't think it's realistic to expect that all four of Reese, Parker, Eiland, and Suggs are starters at that point. Let's assume we have three of those four starting. That means if we have three HS OL minimum that are ready to go as a RS So, we'll at least have five starters and a back up. Then have one guy from 2019 that's ready as a RS FR, and one good JUCO, and we have hopefully from that group five starters, a backup OG, and a backup OT.

If we don't end up with 3 HS OL out of 2018 that are hits, then we are asking a lot from JUCO and the 2019 class.

1bigdawg
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
2019 - We've got some huge questions, but provided we end up with an adequate OT in 2018, the only question is Center and we have a lot of bodies to choose from. Anybody we sign in this class will also be RS Fr for this year.
LT - ??? Parker? Eiland? Phillips (assuming RS this year)? Champion (assuming RS this year)?
LG - Story,
C - ?,
RG - Williams
RT - Reese

Jenkins is a Junior

TrapGame
08-21-2017, 11:55 AM
In sales jobs they often give you a script to go by when you don't know what you're doing. Why not give Hev a script to stick to. Maybe that would keep him from sticking his foot in his mouth. If he can't do that then let him go and find someone else.

Can you see his big goofy ass trying to read from a script? That's hilarious.

Johnson85
08-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Jenkins is a Junior

I'm no math or calendar wizard, but if Jenkins is a Jr., I think that means he will be gone in 2019?

Bully13
08-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Can you see his big goofy ass trying to read from a script? That's hilarious.

Makes me think of the Godfather when that Guido the hit man is practicing what he's gonna say to Vito regarding his daughters wedding.

Bully13
08-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Someone explain why this is acceptable to Mullen. I've heard enough of these stories to start believing them .

TrapGame
08-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Makes me think of the Godfather when that Guido the hit man is practicing what he's gonna say to Vito regarding his daughters wedding.

Ah, yes, Luca Brasi. And we all know what happened to him.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/connecticutmag.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/cb/6cbcefe9-7797-53bc-91c8-3509b05b3ec2/588bce3bac3f6.image.jpg?resize=300%2C277

1bigdawg
08-21-2017, 01:29 PM
I'm no math or calendar wizard, but if Jenkins is a Jr., I think that means he will be gone in 2019?

Duh. You are right. Apologies

NCDawg
08-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Someone explain why this is acceptable to Mullen. I've heard enough of these stories to start believing them .

It wouldn't do any good. I'm convinced that Mullen is such a good buddy to Hevesy that wherever Mullen goes, Hevesy goes. Very similar to the Croom-McCorvey situation.

Hasu Dackds
08-21-2017, 03:12 PM
If we don't end up with 3 HS OL out of 2018 that are hits, then we are asking a lot from JUCO and the 2019 class.
We have no choice anymore. We have to bring in 4-5 this year and then hit on 2-3 in the 2019 JUCO class (or redshirt some from the 2018 class).

Todd4State
08-21-2017, 03:17 PM
It wouldn't do any good. I'm convinced that Mullen is such a good buddy to Hevesy that wherever Mullen goes, Hevesy goes. Very similar to the Croom-McCorvey situation.

We heard that about Sallach too. I don't think Dan is like that actually. We just need Cohen to press the issue and point out that Dan is not going to take things to the next level without an o-line coach.