PDA

View Full Version : Reported that Fabien Lovett has committed.

IMissJack
08-18-2017, 11:10 PM

Commercecomet24
08-18-2017, 11:18 PM
To us I hope!

IMissJack
08-18-2017, 11:20 PM
To us I hope!

Yes, I changed it...Thanks

missouridawg
08-18-2017, 11:25 PM
He had a Bama offer, right?

IMissJack
08-18-2017, 11:26 PM
He had a Bama offer, right?

Supposedly it was between us and Bama, so I guess so. I think he is a three star, so I guess Bama offers some three stars.

Commercecomet24
08-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Yes, I changed it...Thanks

It's cool I was just messing with you! Great news!

IMissJack
08-18-2017, 11:28 PM
It's cool I was just messing with you! Great news!

No offense taken.

Bothrops
08-18-2017, 11:35 PM
I Lovett!

Pollodawg
08-18-2017, 11:36 PM
It's going to be so much fun being the LSU of MS.

Todd4State
08-18-2017, 11:36 PM
Very nice pick up for MSU! It's also our sixth member of the Dandy Dozen to commit.

msstate7
08-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Loving this class

Commercecomet24
08-18-2017, 11:39 PM

I like that! You just know this has got to be killing the bears.

IMissJack
08-18-2017, 11:44 PM

It shows that if in State of Mississippi's past, there was one major university, it could compete very well. MSU and OM have always killed each other by splitting in state talent (At least in my lifetime).

RougeDawg
08-19-2017, 01:03 AM
Dude looks to be a beast. Can we label our defense "Beast Mode"?

NCDawg
08-19-2017, 01:17 AM
Loving this class

I would love it more if we would get about 3 or 4 quality OL. Think we have 1 committed at the present time.

KB21
08-19-2017, 06:59 AM
Supposedly it was between us and Bama, so I guess so. I think he is a three star, so I guess Bama offers some three stars.

He would have been bumped to a 4 star this AM had he committed to Bama. Heck, 247 inexplicably doesn't even have James Williams as a 4 star. Next year, there is already 9 players who are rated 4 stars or higher in Mississippi, but I'd be willing to bet that some of them will get downgraded when it gets out that most of them are Mississippi State leans.

WSOPdawg
08-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Very nice pick up for MSU! It's also our sixth member of the Dandy Dozen to commit.

Care to list the Dandy Dozen & their commitments? I know we got the guys from West Point and Tupelo. Also, any others on the DD12 list that might come our way or that we have a shot at signing?

msbulldog
08-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Care to list the Dandy Dozen & their commitments? I know we got the guys from West Point and Tupelo. Also, any others on the DD12 list that might come our way or that we have a shot at signing?

Deuntra Hyman, Meridian DE TSUN

2. Marcus Murphy, West Point ATH MSU

3. Cole Smith, Pontotoc C LSU

4. Malik Heath, Callaway WR MSU

5. Fabian Franklin, Hattiesburg RB MSU

6. Jett Johnson, Tupelo LB MSU

7. James Williams, Callaway DE Not committed

8. Kwatrivious Johnson, Greenwood OT MSU

9. Jaden Crumedy, Oak Grove DE Not committed

10. Jemaurian Jones, Brookhaven CB Not committed

11. Fabien Lovett, Olive Branch DE MSU

12. Don Ragsdale, Pisgah RB/OLB Not sure

civildawg
08-19-2017, 07:29 AM
Any chance on flipping the cole smith guy?

msbulldog
08-19-2017, 07:32 AM
We are still recruiting him, but I doubt, he jumped on that LSU offer as soon as it was extended, like that was the one he was waiting on. His Dad did play for us, so I'm sure he has been fully exposed to MSU.

WSOPdawg
08-19-2017, 07:45 AM
We are still recruiting him, but I doubt, he jumped on that LSU offer as soon as it was extended, like that was the one he was waiting on. His Dad did play for us, so I'm sure he has been fully exposed to MSU.

For a center, the DD photo shows Smith to be somewhat under-sized. Didn't I hear James Williams has us in his top-3? And thanks msbulldog for the DD list. :)

msbulldog
08-19-2017, 07:52 AM
I subscribe to 247 and get a lot of good recruiting info, supposedly it's between us and Bama for Williams. Good for us is Williams is best buds with Malik Heath and Aaron Odom (who signed with us last year). Plus we have his former coach as one of our inside recruiting guys (can't remember his name).

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2017, 07:54 AM
For a center, the DD photo shows Smith to be somewhat under-sized. Didn't I hear James Williams has us in his top-3? And thanks msbulldog for the DD list. :)

Williams could commit to us at any time. Heavy lean

Cole Smith want to go to LSU. He's undersized.

The Brookehaven kid doesn't have an offer. We chose Reed from Olive Branch over him.

Pisguh running back doesn't have an offer.

Crumedy is supposedly an MSU lean but he's the quietest, least likely to commit anytime soon.

Joe Schmedlap
08-19-2017, 02:42 PM
I hope we can flip Smith. We signed an undersized center from West Monroe, LA a few years ago. That guy turned out to a very good player for us.

QUOTE=Bothrops;789674]I Lovett![/QUOTE]

Williams could commit to us at any time. Heavy lean

Cole Smith want to go to LSU. He's undersized.

The Brookehaven kid doesn't have an offer. We chose Reed from Olive Branch over him.

Pisguh running back doesn't have an offer.

Crumedy is supposedly an MSU lean but he's the quietest, least likely to commit anytime soon.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2017, 02:54 PM
I hope we can flip Smith. We signed an undersized center from West Monroe, LA a few years ago. That guy turned out to a very good player for us.
[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what Dillon Day has to do with Cole Smith.

Biggest mistake many programs make is that they begin scouting the exception rather than the rule. Undersized guys becoming quality players is the exception, not the rule. You start recruiting exceptions because you had success with one & you'll look up & have a team full of exceptions.

Now, I say that while admitting that I'm not great at evaluating offensive line guys. So maybe we really like Cole Smith as a player, but IMO it darn shouldn't be because Dillon Day was good for us.

civildawg
08-19-2017, 03:16 PM
Well if he is good enough for LSU he is dang sure good enough for us seeing that we've beaten them once in 20 years

WSOPdawg
08-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Well if he is good enough for LSU he is dang sure good enough for us seeing that we've beaten them once in 20 years

I wouldn't be surprised if Orgeron offered Smith just to 39 him in the end to ensure that a MSU legacy won't have a scholarship offer from his dad's alma mater.

Todd4State
08-19-2017, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Orgeron offered Smith just to 39 him in the end to ensure that a MSU legacy won't have a scholarship offer from his dad's alma mater.

I could see that happening. The problem is if it isn't an easy recruitment, it's not happening with Hevesy. Kwatrivious Johnson is his ideal recruit- the problem is he is an exception and not the rule on the other end of the spectrum that Shotgun is talking about.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2017, 10:45 PM

If he would have chosen Bama he would be a four star borderline five star by now

sandwolf
08-20-2017, 12:24 AM
I would love it more if we would get about 3 or 4 quality OL. Think we have 1 committed at the present time.

We have 2 committed right now, but I would also feel better if we added 1 or 2 more.

Joe Schmedlap
08-20-2017, 04:21 AM

THIS all 17'n day long.