PDA

View Full Version : Hearing more rumors... spoke to someone close to the situation..

RougeDawg
08-18-2017, 01:54 PM
And the latest rumors are that Dan Mullen may actually start our best QB and RB for the first time since 2010.** Not holding my breath on this one. We will find out in two weeks.

Maroonthirteen
08-18-2017, 02:05 PM
I was just thinking today. This time last year there was a heated debate over Williams vs Fitz.

TrapGame
08-18-2017, 02:07 PM
And the latest rumors are that Dan Mullen may actually start our best QB and RB for the first time since 2010.** Not holding my breath on this one. We will find out in two weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gif

Quaoarsking
08-18-2017, 02:07 PM
We didn't start our best QB/RB combo in 2014? Or 2011 for that matter?

AFDawg
08-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Yep

RougeDawg
08-18-2017, 02:47 PM

Maybe we did. I was being facetious about all the rumors and Dan playing paper tiger RB's over our better SEC caliber backs.

thf24
08-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Some of you are doubting that we're going to start Fitz and Aeris?

TrapGame
08-18-2017, 03:18 PM

Nah, I'm just being an asshole.

archdog
08-18-2017, 04:02 PM
I was just thinking today. This time last year there was a heated debate over Williams vs Fitz.

AND then we lost the South Alabama game.

TimberBeast
08-18-2017, 04:09 PM

He'll start Fitz (hopefully he won't pull him like last year in the first game) but I'll believe Aeris starts when I see it. He didn't start last year and it was even more obvious that he should have started last year than this year. Holloway being in the game at the RB position at any point in time at State should make you doubt that Dan will play the start the right guy at RB.

Covercorner2
08-18-2017, 04:21 PM
He'll start Fitz (hopefully he won't pull him like last year in the first game) but I'll believe Aeris starts when I see it. He didn't start last year and it was even more obvious that he should have started last year than this year. Holloway being in the game at the RB position at any point in time at State should make you doubt that Dan will play the start the right guy at RB.

LOL. Who else would start?

TimberBeast
08-18-2017, 04:26 PM
LOL. Who else would start?

Holloway started last year. Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be. And he still started over Aeris. If Holloway didn't get hurt last year in the middle of the season Dan would be on the hot seat this year.

Apoplectic
08-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Holloway started last year. Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be. And he still started over Aeris. If Holloway didn't get hurt last year in the middle of the season Dan would be on the hot seat this year.

agree makes me 17n apoplectic!!! how about the year we sat a 1st round LB half of every game for 1a/b???

thf24
08-18-2017, 06:39 PM

I believe the questions is who would start THIS YEAR over Aeris. Lee, after spending most of his career thus far in Mullen's dog house? Murphy, who I'm fairly certain has yet to play a down at RB? Gibson, who hasn't seen that many opportunities either? Firmly established precedent says Hill isn't remotely guaranteed to play at all as a true freshman, much less start. And even if Mullen did break his own precedent and start someone other than the most experienced, veteran player on the roster at the position, any of the alternatives would be an upgrade over Holloway last year from a strictly ball-carrying standpoint.

I realize this topic started as a joke, but I'm not sure what to say if anyone honestly believes anyone other than Aeris will be our starter at RB this season.

Jack Lambert
08-18-2017, 06:58 PM

Hell they are better then Shump.

TimberBeast
08-19-2017, 01:29 AM
I believe the questions is who would start THIS YEAR over Aeris. Lee, after spending most of his career thus far in Mullen's dog house? Murphy, who I'm fairly certain has yet to play a down at RB? Gibson, who hasn't seen that many opportunities either? Firmly established precedent says Hill isn't remotely guaranteed to play at all as a true freshman, much less start. And even if Mullen did break his own precedent and start someone other than the most experienced, veteran player on the roster at the position, any of the alternatives would be an upgrade over Holloway last year from a strictly ball-carrying standpoint.

I realize this topic started as a joke, but I'm not sure what to say if anyone honestly believes anyone other than Aeris will be our starter at RB this season.

Dude your first paragraph answers your second. Mullen screws the pooch every time at starting RB. So like I said I'll believe it when I see it. We all knew who should have started last year, SAME as this year, and same for a lot of his time here. It has cost us games, I hope it won't again.

Dawg61
08-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Every RB on our roster right now is better than Holloway could even dream to be.

This isn't true at all. Holloway was a solid player for us in 2015 as a receiver out of the backfield. He had 33 catches and 5 receiving tds while playing every game. He had an injury plagued senior season but Holloway was a tough player and he deserves more respect than most of y'all throw at him. It's not his fault Dan misused him just like Dan misused Perkins and Dan misused JRob.

AusTexDawg
08-19-2017, 01:28 PM
This isn't true at all. Holloway was a solid player for us in 2015 as a receiver out of the backfield. He had 33 catches and 5 receiving tds while playing every game. He had an injury plagued senior season but Holloway was a tough player and he deserves more respect than most of y'all throw at him. It's not his fault Dan misused him just like Dan misused Perkins and Dan misused JRob.

^Right on. Holloway showed heart and proved he was, pound for pound, one of the toughest guys on the squad with all those runs up the middle...but he shouldn't have been sent out there to run up the middle.

Joe Schmedlap
08-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Dude your first paragraph answers your second. Mullen screws the pooch every time at starting RB. So like I said I'll believe it when I see it. We all knew who should have started last year, SAME as this year, and same for a lot of his time here. It has cost us games, I hope it won't again.

This is so true and I just have to laugh when I hear pundits anoint Dan Mullen as the second best head coach in the SEC.
If the pundits are correct, then it only goes to show that Saban has destroyed the conference as a whole while elevating U of A.

Bully13
08-19-2017, 03:59 PM

Yep

Bully13
08-19-2017, 03:59 PM
This is so true and I just have to laugh when I hear pundits anoint Dan Mullen as the second best head coach in the SEC.
If the pundits are correct, then it only goes to show that Saban has destroyed the conference as a whole while elevating U of A.

Yep.

Todd4State
08-19-2017, 04:16 PM

He screws the pooch when our best running back isn't a junior or senior. Some of it has to be Knox because it's not as bad an issue at other positions.