PDA

View Full Version : GameDay Forecast: Week 4 vs. Troy

TheRef
09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning, everyone! This week looks to be a wet one. And yes, there is no doubt in my mind it will rain and it will rain it's a$$ off before gametime. Everything is suggesting at least 1-2" of rain before kickoff so tailgating will be very wet and miserable, IMO. High will be 83 for Saturday with the low dropping into the mid to upper-50's well into the evening (well after the final horn). There will be a drizzle/sprinkle until probably the second half. So if you're going into the stadium or aren't going to be under a tent, bring a rain suit and boots because the ground will NOT be fun to walk on without them. Rain will start Friday evening and continue throughout the day. Heaviest rain will be in the mid-morning to midday. (Probably around 10-2). I don't suspect grass lots to be open so plan your parking accordingly.

Maroon Diapers
09-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Not another hay-filled year in the junction.

hometowndawg
09-19-2013, 12:53 PM
So I am planning on playing some golf Friday afternoon about 1 o clock at the MSU course. Will I be dry? or do I need to cancel?

Harrydawg
09-19-2013, 01:14 PM
From what it appears, you could drown

TheRef
09-19-2013, 01:49 PM
So I am planning on playing some golf Friday afternoon about 1 o clock at the MSU course. Will I be dry? or do I need to cancel?

Friday afternoon looks fairly good early on. The longer the afternoon goes, the worse off you will be. Your call on this one.

hometowndawg
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM
My call? Im not the weatherREF. You are suppose to keep me in the know

Harrydawg
09-19-2013, 09:27 PM
On the bright side.....it's a white out and rain is very possible.

Sounds like a wet teeshirt party to me! May get nippley!

TheRef
09-19-2013, 10:37 PM
My call? Im not the weatherREF. You are suppose to keep me in the know

Light rain is projected starting at 1:00 p.m. No thunderstorm possibility. If you don't mind some sprinkles or light rain, play on. Like I said, your call on if you want to play or not.

Dawgbite
09-20-2013, 06:25 AM
WTVA weather says it will move in Friday 7-8 pm and be gone by 1pm Saturday afternoon. Hope he's right. No wet t-shirts but wet feet and ass.

Harrydawg
09-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Yes, it appears that the main front will blow in this afternoon and be out of the area by noon tomorrow! Perfect really, we need the rain but tailgating tomorrow should be nice for the afternoon.

Dawgface
09-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Last time I played the course it was after a good rain. Course didn't drain very well so it was nasty. But we beat SC in baseball that night so I was happy.

'Merica Dawg
09-20-2013, 10:32 AM
WTVA weather says it will move in Friday 7-8 pm and be gone by 1pm Saturday afternoon. Hope he's right. No wet t-shirts but wet feet and ass.

White out+rain=bad day for the women but great day for the men!

TheRef
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm looking over everything for the updated forecast now. Looks like we're going to stay wet through kickoff. Light rain will start around 1-2 this afternoon. More details soon.

TheRef
09-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Here we go, Friday Forecast Update. Rain will start around 1:30 this afternoon and lasting throughout the evening and well into Saturday. Heaviest rain will be in the early to mid-morning on Saturday. Rain will last until approx. the second quarter as it weakens to sprinkling/drizzling rain. High on Saturday will be around 76. Low Saturday night of 61. Break out the rain coats and wear clothes you don't mind getting muddy/wet. Grass lots will be closed, so plan your parking accordingly.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2013, 11:17 AM
The more important factor is wind. A strong cross wind typically has a much greater impact on a game than a wet field, especially for a team that relies heavily on the passing game.

Any forecast on winds?

CJDAWG85
09-20-2013, 11:19 AM
White out+rain=bad day for the women but great day for the men!

Wet T-shirts + Football + Whiskey = Best Day Ever

TheRef
09-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Light winds around 5 mph after the front comes through from the North.

Harrydawg
09-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Ref, looks like this crap is moving on and Starkville could dry by 1:00!

Is this what your little thingy shows you?

TheRef
09-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Ref, looks like this crap is moving on and Starkville could dry by 1:00!

Is this what your little thingy shows you?

Looks like it. I think the trough moved through quicker than any of the models suggested. All of us here were pretty sure that we would have some lingering showers by gametime. I think if we get any rain today from now on it will be little clippers. Temperatures should stay on track though as we have cold air funneling in from the North. Clouds may not be as much of a factor. I'm going to bump up the wind speeds to at least 10 mph from the North (From the Construction to the Dawgzillatron). Hail State.

gravedigger
09-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Man, I enjoy your reports. Keep them coming.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Looks like it. I think the trough moved through quicker than any of the models suggested. All of us here were pretty sure that we would have some lingering showers by gametime. I think if we get any rain today from now on it will be little clippers. Temperatures should stay on track though as we have cold air funneling in from the North. Clouds may not be as much of a factor. I'm going to bump up the wind speeds to at least 10 mph from the North (From the Construction to the Dawgzillatron). Hail State.

"And yes, there is no doubt in my mind it will rain and it will rain it's a$$ off before gametime."

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It's just a classic when it comes to weather reports. No matter how much technology improves, we are still out the whims & mercy of Mother Nature.

TheRef
09-21-2013, 10:48 AM
"And yes, there is no doubt in my mind it will rain and it will rain it's a$$ off before gametime."

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It's just a classic when it comes to weather reports. No matter how much technology improves, we are still out the whims & mercy of Mother Nature.

Haha. We are always at the mercy of Mother Nature. But it did rain its ass off. GTR Airport received 2.6 inches of rain through this line of storms in less than 12 hours.