PDA

View Full Version : Nathaniel Watson Commitment Video

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teXuAB0RSz4 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=teXuAB0RSz4&feature=youtu.be)

CadaverDawg
08-17-2017, 11:05 AM
So awesome

Welcome young man. He's going to be a stud at MSU

Bodawg
08-17-2017, 11:08 AM
BOOM!!! Awesome video...Welcome to the Bulldog Nation Nathaniel! Looking forward to seeing you in Maroon and White.

Hypnodawg
08-17-2017, 11:08 AM
pretty cool

BulldogDX55
08-17-2017, 11:14 AM
That is a really cool video. It gives the young man the attention he deserves, portrays the school he selected in a positive light, and doesn't come off as an ego trip.

preachermatt83
08-17-2017, 11:16 AM
I got chills.

preachermatt83
08-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Looney and Billy g doing work!!

Mimi's Babies
08-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Love that he is positive about HARD WORK!

BigEasyDawg
08-17-2017, 11:31 AM
That was one of the best commitment videos I have seen. Humble, hardworking, and hungry

Dolphus Raymond
08-17-2017, 11:35 AM
He seems to be a very squared-away young man. I love the type of kids we recruit.

Todd4State
08-17-2017, 11:40 AM
The hat flip/throw ceremony has gotten old anyway.

Ari Gold
08-17-2017, 11:47 AM

Yeah and it's so Juco...

Reason2succeed
08-17-2017, 11:48 AM
That was one of the best commitment videos I have seen. Humble, hardworking, and hungry

What ^ said!

CadaverDawg
08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah and it's so Juco...

I see what you did there

Commercecomet24
08-17-2017, 12:26 PM
He seems to be a very squared-away young man. I love the type of kids we recruit.

I agree. Give me these type players over the flashy guys any day! We recruit Bulldogs!

Bothrops
08-17-2017, 12:29 PM
That was really cool. Welcome to MSU!

Sacrifice
08-17-2017, 12:34 PM
DAYUMMMM!

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2017, 12:51 PM
What position is he going to play? He looked like he could be a good TE.

SmokeyDawg
08-17-2017, 01:09 PM
I can't tell if he'll develop into a better TE or an OLB at the college level. I believe we had the upper hand getting him bc we are giving him the option to play on offense. Good hands and size. Not sure about speed as a WR

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2017, 01:11 PM
I agree. Give me these type players over the flashy guys any day! We recruit Bulldogs!

Agree with the exception of 2 positions on the field.

Need alphas & arrogance at WR & CB. Not surprisingly, those are our two worst recruiting positions over the past 5 years.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Agree with the exception of 2 positions on the field.

Need alphas & arrogance at WR & CB. Not surprisingly, those are our two worst recruiting positions over the past 5 years.

So you need to be arrogant to be your best at WR? I'm asking because I'm not understanding your correlation.

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2017, 02:05 PM
So you need to be arrogant to be your best at WR? I'm asking because I'm not understanding your correlation.

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly.

You don't need to be arrogant or an alpha to be good at those positions. However, it just so happens that about 90% of the 4 stars or better at those positions tend to have those personality profiles & Bama gets most of the 10% left.

Therefore, in order for us to get elite players at those two positions, we have find a way to appeal to that type of mindset. If we don't, we end up with what we have this year. A solid team all the way around with a lower level power 5 WR unit & questionable profile at CB

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Really excited about this kid!!!

Mimi's Babies
08-17-2017, 02:11 PM

The last hat throw was orcharstrated by none other than the int. HC at OM. Matt luke from what a boosters wife told.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 02:23 PM
You don't need to be arrogant or an alpha to be good at those positions. However, it just so happens that about 90% of the 4 stars or better at those positions tend to have those personality profiles & Bama gets most of the 10% left.

I don't think CB & WR are more arrogant than other positions it's just that their 1 on 1 battles are out in the open so they get seen more by the common fan. So they get asked about that 1 on 1 matchup more by the media. RB & LB or DL & OL rarely ever get pure 1 on 1 matchups so it's hard for the media to spotlight that matchup all week so they don't get as much camera time. JMO. Don't really disagree with most everything else you wrote.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Could this be a 5 WR class? Watson is an athlete, Patterson is likely sign & place, Guidry is Juco, but add those 3 + Heath & hopefully Whop & that's 5 WRs for 2018 on paper. Talk about addressing a need

SmokeyDawg
08-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Could this be a 5 WR class? Watson is an athlete, Patterson is likely sign & place, Guidry is Juco, but add those 3 + Heath & hopefully Whop & that's 5 WRs for 2018 on paper. Talk about addressing a need

Also have Nero Nelson and Gardner committed. Haven't heard anything about Nelson in a while

Mimi's Babies
08-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Has anyone heard the name Cameron Jones from SHS?

Howboutdemdogs
08-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the family!

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 08:23 PM
Has anyone heard the name Cameron Jones from SHS?

Yep. Kam will sign with a C-USA or Sun Belt school. He's a solid player.

Todd4State
08-17-2017, 08:44 PM
I don't think CB & WR are more arrogant than other positions it's just that their 1 on 1 battles are out in the open so they get seen more by the common fan. So they get asked about that 1 on 1 matchup more by the media. RB & LB or DL & OL rarely ever get pure 1 on 1 matchups so it's hard for the media to spotlight that matchup all week so they don't get as much camera time. JMO. Don't really disagree with most everything else you wrote.

TO
Chad OchoCinco
Keyshawn Johnson
Richard Sherman
Josh Norman
Deion Sanders
Our very own Smooottt

I think most of the players that play those positions are cocky/flashy because of the nature of the one on one battles. Even Jerry Rice was pretty cocky. But I disagree- if you are someone like John Randle or even a JJ Watt who is flashy at another position the media will love those guys too. I could include Shannon Sharpe too as a TE although he was used like a WR a lot. The reason WR's and CB's get a lot of attention for their actions is because that is their mindset for the majority of them moreso than the other positions.

Todd4State
08-17-2017, 08:47 PM

That's probably best case scenario. I hope Patterson finds a way to qualify right away. I could see us getting Guidry and Whop but I also wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't work out too. If that happens, I think Cam Gardner will stay at WR potentially and could be pretty good there. If we clean up like you are saying- which I hope happens- then Gardner goes to TE.

HSVDawg
08-17-2017, 09:07 PM

People need to give up the ghost on Whop. He ain't coming. Guidry will be a nice pull though, and if we get him along with Heath / Watson / Murphy and maybe one more, that will be a more than adequate WR class.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 10:02 PM
TO
Chad OchoCinco
Keyshawn Johnson
Richard Sherman
Josh Norman
Deion Sanders
Our very own Smooottt

I think most of the players that play those positions are cocky/flashy because of the nature of the one on one battles. Even Jerry Rice was pretty cocky. But I disagree- if you are someone like John Randle or even a JJ Watt who is flashy at another position the media will love those guys too. I could include Shannon Sharpe too as a TE although he was used like a WR a lot. The reason WR's and CB's get a lot of attention for their actions is because that is their mindset for the majority of them moreso than the other positions.

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Darrell Green
Rod Woodson
Marvin Harrison
Amari Cooper
Chris Harris

You can name just as many humble great WR or CB. The flashy guys just get more attention.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2017, 10:03 PM
People need to give up the ghost on Whop. He ain't coming. Guidry will be a nice pull though, and if we get him along with Heath / Watson / Murphy and maybe one more, that will be a more than adequate WR class.

You may have to eat those words.

HSVDawg
08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
You may have to eat those words.

I sure hope so. But I've seen this story play out a hundred times before.

preachermatt83
08-17-2017, 10:39 PM

There is a very good chance whop is going to b a bulldog

HSVDawg
08-17-2017, 10:53 PM
There is a very good chance whop is going to b a bulldog

Based on history, I don't see it. But as stated above, I will be happy to be wrong.

GoDawgz
08-18-2017, 08:37 AM
That was a really cool way to show his commitment. Welcome to the family!