PDA

View Full Version : Two biggest sports scandals in this state in decades are happening at the same time

MadDawg
08-16-2017, 01:44 PM
You take the NCAA case out of the picture, and this Freeze hooker scandal is the biggest sports scandal in this state since.... maybe ever?

You take the Freeze hooker scandal out of the picture, and this massive NCAA case is the biggest sports scandal in this state since, well, um's last NCAA case?

The fact that they are both going on at the same time, and that most state media are afraid to cover it, really means one or the other will never get the attention it deserves.

mstatefan91
08-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Welcome to Mississippi. It's a fun place

Political Hack
08-16-2017, 02:02 PM
The ochestrated cover up by the Clarion Ledger should be a major story too. Whoever Gannett's competition is would probably love to know about it.

mstatefan91
08-16-2017, 02:09 PM
The ochestrated cover up by the Clarion Ledger should be a major story too. Whoever Gannett's competition is would probably love to know about it.

I think this might be the bigger story and would be borderline national news (should certainly dominate Mississippi air time but it doesn't) if it weren't for the fact that we are Mississippi and the nation just expects this from us.

If this happened in Florida, Georgia, or Alabama... watch out

SaintDawg
08-16-2017, 03:46 PM
I think this might be the bigger story and would be borderline national news (should certainly dominate Mississippi air time but it doesn't) if it weren't for the fact that we are Mississippi and the nation just expects this from us.

If this happened in Florida, Georgia, or Alabama... watch out

I wouldn't say that the nation expects this from us. Perhaps it's that the state's programs don't garner enough national attention yet. You are very right in saying if it was FLA, GA, or Bama, it would be a media circus.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-16-2017, 03:52 PM

Tronc. Recently survived a hostile takeover by Gannett as well. Lots of bad blood there.