PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day for the OM test case UNC

Reason2succeed
08-16-2017, 10:12 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article167178147.html

Here is a great article on how everything happens with the COI. Remember that UNC is facing 5 charges and OM has 21. (I also noticed that they named the people on the committee.)

msstate7
08-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Hope they put their foot in the heels and momma's boy never plays in postseason

1bigdawg
08-16-2017, 10:50 AM
Ok. I just read the UNC NOA. Allegation 1: The football, basketball and women's basketball program are accused of steering athletes to a practically non-existent course where athletes were a very disproportionate percentage of the students who took the class.

Allegation 2: All women's basketball

Allegation 3: One of the professors of the controversial course did not cooperate.

Allegation 4: Another professor did not cooperate.

Allegations 5: LOIC

This does not compare in any way to the widespread and repeated violations of UNM spread across many years and several staff members and supporters.

Homedawg
08-16-2017, 10:52 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article167178147.html

Here is a great article on how everything happens with the COI. Remember that UNC is facing 5 charges and OM has 21. (I also noticed that they named the people on the committee.)

They aren't similar cases. Both are long in duration but that's about it. Ole miss' deal is way way worse. With that said I expect unc to get hammered

Ari Gold
08-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Unc basketball > Umiss football
And it's not even close..

Martianlander
08-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UNC under the old matrix and unm the first case under the new matrix?

Dawgowar
08-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UNC under the old matrix and unm the first case under the new matrix?

Some of it. That interpretation is what has drug this case out. They have been arguing over it. It got so bad the NCAA added the LOIC. Honestly not that comparable to UNM.