PDA

View Full Version : Why Hasn't David Brandt Covered the Investigation?

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2017, 07:55 AM
At least the CL has the excuse of advertising as to why they don't cover it, but why didn't David Brandt?

He's with the AP for goodness sakes. Does he even need local advertising?

Is OM going to pull the AP's credentials?

IMO that blowhard just passed on the biggest college football story in MS in a generation for no particular reason.

He was just insufferable on Bo Bounds, which is being hosted today by the worst MSU fan ever Wiener.

Weiner has a unique skill of always talking about a subject that no one cares about. Somehow he's decided that the interesting subjects are below him.

TrapGame
08-16-2017, 08:27 AM
He's been too busy studying up how bad our WRs are gonna suck.

Reason2succeed
08-16-2017, 08:38 AM
I'm beginning to believe that a part of the Network/Forward Rebel plan was paying sportswriters and promising them access albeit with false info for them not to pry into OM.

Rejlector84sports
08-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Having been a sports editor at an AP member paper, here's something they don't tell you... AP writers are paid by the newspapers that are associated with the Associated Press (they control the purse strings). If the member papers don't like a story (or get advertiser pressure not to run it) then the members aren't required to run it... use of what is submitted to the AP is optional for members. When the C-L made the decision not to cover the story the AP figured it was not worth covering. That's also how national news is determined by the New York Times' interest (and the resulting bias). I'm sure there were also some Mississippi papers that told the AP no anti-Rebel stories about the investigation would be run in their publications. That's why all the national attention is coming from USA Today... they give much more to the AP than the AP ever gives them. It is the same thing that happened to civil rights stories in the 60s.

RougeDawg
08-16-2017, 05:47 PM
Having been a sports editor at an AP member paper, here's something they don't tell you... AP writers are paid by the newspapers that are associated with the Associated Press (they control the purse strings). If the member papers don't like a story (or get advertiser pressure not to run it) then the members aren't required to run it... use of what is submitted to the AP is optional for members. When the C-L made the decision not to cover the story the AP figured it was not worth covering. That's also how national news is determined by the New York Times' interest (and the resulting bias). I'm sure there were also some Mississippi papers that told the AP no anti-Rebel stories about the investigation would be run in their publications. That's why all the national attention is coming from USA Today... they give much more to the AP than the AP ever gives them. It is the same thing that happened to civil rights stories in the 60s.

Similar to what the main stream media is currently doing nationally, covering for a particular party and their ilk. While simultaneously falsely accusing the other party of the things the protected party is actually doing and there is cold hard evidence of the protected party doing these things?

One quick example everyone has heard of, Russian collusion. There is factual undisputed evidence of one party colluding during and long before last year's election. The kicker is that it's the opposite party the MSM is accusing of the collusion. Just one of hundreds of examples. But I digress. Carry on as is, maybe heads will be pulled out of the sand some day.

RocketDawg
08-16-2017, 06:08 PM
MSU message board posters notwithstanding ... how much knowledge and interest is there in Mississippi by the average man on the street? The reason I ask is that at least in north Alabama, you don't hear much about the OM situation and I suspect that even those who consider themselves sports fans may have never even heard of the goings on in Oxford, let alone the severity of it. Is it daily watercooler conversation fodder in Mississippi?

Dawgtini
08-16-2017, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=RocketDawg;788470Is it daily watercooler conversation fodder in Mississippi?[/QUOTE]
It is if I'm at the water cooler