PDA

View Full Version : The Next Cam Newton is transferring...

Reason2succeed
08-15-2017, 02:37 PM
I know our board is devoted to Bulldawg football and laughing at OM but let's just take some time to recognize the overhype machine that is Auburn football.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20351695/john-franklin-iii-transfer-auburn-tigers

But he is going to FAU with Joey Freshwater so we will see if he can work his magic on Franklin.

PS Kiffin must have been tampering and recruiting him away from AU.

biscuit
08-15-2017, 02:41 PM
He isn't very good.

Homedawg
08-15-2017, 02:50 PM
He isn't very good.

This. He sucks.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2017, 02:52 PM
The Auburn hype train every year is perplexing.

For whatever reason, they get more hype than LSU, Georgia, and Florida and dare I say Alabama. Maybe it's because Bama is boring. Not sure.

Just seems like their is a legion of media types that can't wait to anoint Auburn every year.

Dawg61
08-15-2017, 02:54 PM
He isn't very good.

He's a very good runner though. 430 yds on 46 carries last year. He has elite speed. Is he going to play QB for Kiffen?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-15-2017, 02:56 PM
when I saw your headline, my first thought was "where is Keytaon Thompson going?"

TrapGame
08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Stidham has yet to take a snap in SEC, face a SEC defense or even fully comprehend Gus's offense but I've been told by the hype machine he's gonna win the Heisman.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Kiffen will get some good use out of him just not at QB. You can't teach speed like that. A few jet sweeps & bubble screens & see if he can break 1. Also he's a trick play magnet because he can throw the ball a mile.

Reason2succeed
08-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Kiffen will get some good use out of him just not at QB. You can't teach speed like that. A few jet sweeps & bubble screens & see if he can break 1. Also he's a trick play magnet because he can throw the ball a mile.

I can see that.

Sorry to raise your blood pressure Shotmypaw. I don't think KT is going to be Cam though. For some reason I think his passing will be good enough that running becomes a second or third option. He will have a RB in Hill that can support that type of O.

Dawg61
08-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Maybe I missed it but I don't really remember Franklin getting hyped up much. Auburn does suffer from overhype disease though as does LSU and Tennessee. Every year those fanbases act like they are locks for 10+ wins.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-15-2017, 03:39 PM
I can see that.

Sorry to raise your blood pressure Shotmypaw. I don't think KT is going to be Cam though. For some reason I think his passing will be good enough that running becomes a second or third option. He will have a RB in Hill that can support that type of O.

Calling anyone the "next Cam Newton" is pretty high praise when it comes to on-the-field performance. I think KT is going to be incredible in a Mullen offense with Mullen's development history. KT has a chance to be one of our best ever.

We are in the golden age of MSU quarterbacking. I remember the days not too long ago of Josh Riddell, Ty Evans, Michael Henig, Wes Carroll, ...................

Reason2succeed
08-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Calling anyone the "next Cam Newton" is pretty high praise when it comes to on-the-field performance. I think KT is going to be incredible in a Mullen offense with Mullen's development history. KT has a chance to be one of our best ever.

We are in the golden age of MSU quarterbacking. I remember the days not too long ago of Josh Riddell, Ty Evans, Michael Henig, Wes Carroll, ...................

Don't remind me. I almost vomited in my mouth remembering getting excited about Wesley Carroll!!!

Gutter Cobreh
08-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Seems like Joey is primed to start his own EMCC QB legacy since Freeze is out of the picture.

He now has two QBs - Johnson from last year and Franklin from the year prior. Add in the DE Bonner and he seems to be making some inroads.

Lastly, I'm just impressed Franklin evidently graduated from AU. He at least got an education and it allowed him to transfer without sitting out.