PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Sept 25 after Sept 11?

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 05:31 PM
We've been hearing that the RR deposition was supposed to expose LL as a liar before the COI meeting. Well, SDS (don't give them click but here isn't the link) is now reporting the case has been "postponed".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/rebel-rags-case-involving-active-mississippi-state-players-gets-pushed-back/amp/

Their reasoning?!?
"The company doesn?t want to be seen as one of the causes for Ole Miss football receives sanctions from the NCAA."

What in the heck?!?

WinningIsRelentless
08-14-2017, 05:34 PM
I just heard the cvs in oxford just got held up for all the Xanax.

FISHDAWG
08-14-2017, 05:37 PM
might be reconsidering a huge waste of money .... greed is good. It cuts through and clarifies and has marked the upward resurgence of mankind .... and will ultimately save that mismanaged foundering corporation known as the US Government

Gordon Gecko - 1986

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Postponed you say. Well, that's interesting. I wonder if this is a permanent postponement.

West Tn Dawg
08-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Wait, Vamp assured us that the depo would be the end of the NCAA sanctions! How is that going to happen now?
Lets see how Vamp, Zv2, and Xancy spin this one!

MCsMGs
08-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Are you saying that the reason for postponement is that they(RR) didn't want to be seen as one of the causes that got Ole Miss receiving sanctions?

I don't get that at all from reading that...sounds to me that they are saying the reason the lawsuit was filed in the first place was because they didn't want to be blamed for any sanctions against Ole Miss.

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Are you saying that the reason for postponement is that they(RR) didn't want to be seen as one of the causes that got Ole Miss receiving sanctions?

I don't get that at all from reading that...sounds to me that they are saying the reason the lawsuit was filed in the first place was because they didn't want to be blamed for any sanctions against Ole Miss.

Hey, stop trying to confuse them with logic!

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Wait, Vamp assured us that the depo would be the end of the NCAA sanctions! How is that going to happen now?
Lets see how Vamp, Zv2, and Xancy spin this one!

The NCAA better break the Leo stuff out in the overall sanctions. So if they somehow prove something against LL et al, they will only have to give back something like 1 scholly instead of the entire sanctions being put into question.

Dolphus Raymond
08-14-2017, 06:33 PM
The NCAA better break the Leo stuff out in the overall sanctions. So if they somehow prove something against LL et al, they will only have to give back something like 1 scholly instead of the entire sanctions being put into question.

Prove something? Prove what? Based on the NCAA's response to Ole Miss, I am confident the case is rock solid. Prior to the release of the NCAA's response, I had some concerns. No longer. Ole Miss is down for the count. EDIT I believe any Ole Miss fan that read the response, if honest, would agree with this. It's over for Ole Miss.

Pollodawg
08-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Prove something? Prove what? Based on the NCAA's response to Ole Miss, I am confident the case is rock solid. Prior to the release of the NCAA's response, I had some concerns. No longer. Ole Miss is down for the count.

This. The redacted booster in question sent Farrar a text to the time of: "I just wasted $10,000." How is that not damning as it can possibly be?

RocketDawg
08-14-2017, 06:40 PM
We've been hearing that the RR deposition was supposed to expose LL as a liar before the COI meeting. Well, SDS (don't give them click but here isn't the link) is now reporting the case has been "postponed".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/rebel-rags-case-involving-active-mississippi-state-players-gets-pushed-back/amp/

Their reasoning?!?
"The company doesn?t want to be seen as one of the causes for Ole Miss football receives sanctions from the NCAA."

What in the heck?!?

I believe that's their (Rebel Rags) reasoning for filing the lawsuit against the players, not the reason for the delay until late September.

RocketDawg
08-14-2017, 06:41 PM

Yes. Sorry ... I didn't see your post before I posted mine.

BiscuitEater
08-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Postponed you say. Well, that's interesting. I wonder if this is a permanent postponement.

they found out that Barney called Rags NINETEEN times while Leo and his family along with other major targets and there families on the BIGGEST OM recruiting day of the year.

19 times in ONE day. How does Rags explain that?

BayouDawg
08-14-2017, 07:05 PM
The inept are now claiming that the COI is requiring Leo to show up to the hearing in person.

Mimi's Babies
08-14-2017, 07:27 PM

Their reasoning?!?

What in the heck?!?

What is the womans name, that was reported to have worked at Rebel Rags and RR said no one by that name had ever worked there? PM me if you want too with the answer?

Martianlander
08-14-2017, 07:29 PM
they found out that Barney called Rags NINETEEN times while Leo and his family along with other major targets and there families on the BIGGEST OM recruiting day of the year.

19 times in ONE day. How does Rags explain that?

Misdials were made.

thedawginme
08-14-2017, 08:35 PM
This. The redacted booster in question sent Farrar a text to the time of: "I just wasted $10,000." How is that not damning as it can possibly be?

Where did you read that? In the NCAA's response to the response?

Mimi's Babies
08-14-2017, 08:57 PM

Page 79 -- NOA and following....

Pollodawg
08-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Steve broke it down on the Boneyard today. Gave page #s and everything.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2017, 11:00 PM
RR law suit was just another ploy and it will go away, then be forgotten.

JoseBrown
08-15-2017, 01:52 AM
What is the womans name, that was reported to have worked at Rebel Rags and RR said no one by that name had ever worked there? PM me if you want too with the answer?

Emily, I believe.

msbulldog
08-15-2017, 06:21 AM
The reason the initial hearing on the motions filed by SA39, SA40 and Miller was postponed was the judge, John Kelly Luther had another trial in Marshall County. This trial is a criminal trial that they thought the defendant was going to plead out. The defendant changed his mind and criminal trials take precedence over civil trials.
The hearing that was postponed until 9/25/17 is only for the judge to hear motions to dismiss, motions to change venue, motions to sever defendants, et al, brought by the defendants.

Mimi's Babies
08-15-2017, 06:37 AM
The reason the initial hearing on the motions filed by SA39, SA40 and Miller was postponed was the judge, John Kelly Luther had another trial in Marshall County. This trial is a criminal trial that they thought the defendant was going to plead out. The defendant changed his mind and criminal trials take precedence over civil trials.
The hearing that was postponed until 9/25/17 is only for the judge to hear motions to dismiss, motions to change venue, motions to sever defendants, et al, brought by the defendants..
The trail should be postponed until after Christmas if it ever goes that far. Judges here usually don't sit the bench after mid November. Maybe that is just our judges.

msbulldog
08-15-2017, 06:42 AM
The trail should be postponed until after Christmas if it ever goes that far. Judges here usually don't sit the bench after mid November. Maybe that is just our judges.

If he grants a change of venue (which he should, no way to get a fair trial in Oxford) it will be a different judge anyway.

thedawginme
08-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Page 79 -- NOA and following....

You sure? I went back and read that section. Below is the part where the word "wasted $10,000" appears. As you can see there are not quote marks indicating this was something actually said, i.e. it is the NCAAs inference being made.

The enforcement staff asserts that the message clearly shows _____ referencing his meeting with _____ that day and belief they had arranged terms securing _____ commitment to the institution. The message also shows _____ expressing surprise and dismay in reading online that ______ was flirting with other schools and he likely had wasted $10,000

This is the actual text message from Farrar on Feb 3 that the above statements are based on:

Farrar: [s]ounds like went south to me on which shows his awareness that would be signing elsewhere"

This is on page 84.

Obviously the payments were made and Farrar was fully aware. Just saying that Farrar wasn't dumb enough to type "we just wasted 10 g's on Leo".

Mimi's Babies
08-15-2017, 11:21 AM
You sure? I went back and read that section. Below is the part where the word "wasted $10,000" appears. As you can see there are not quote marks indicating this was something actually said, i.e. it is the NCAAs inference being made.

The enforcement staff asserts that the message clearly shows _____ referencing his meeting with _____ that day and belief they had arranged terms securing _____ commitment to the institution. The message also shows _____ expressing surprise and dismay in reading online that ______ was flirting with other schools and he likely had wasted $10,000

This is the actual text message from Farrar on Feb 3 that the above statements are based on:

Farrar: [s]ounds like went south to me on which shows his awareness that would be signing elsewhere"

This is on page 84.

Obviously the payments were made and Farrar was fully aware. Just saying that Farrar wasn't dumb enough to type "we just wasted 10 g's on Leo".

That is all we have to go by at this point.... Leaving off the quotes is to show not a direct quote....
What you located is the NCAA Witness credibility of Farrar.... which the NCAA said is zero.....

??? OT: Page 96 -- what is a Wal-Mart Money Card?????

Reason2succeed
08-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Wow! I know it's entertaining but some of y'all are studying the NCAA response to the OM like

http://scrubsmag.mindovermediallc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/nurse-doing-taxes.jpg

msbulldog
08-15-2017, 11:59 AM
That is all we have to go by at this point.... Leaving off the quotes is to show not a direct quote....
What you located is the NCAA Witness credibility of Farrar.... which the NCAA said is zero.....

??? OT: Page 96 -- what is a Wal-Mart Money Card?????

It's a debit card called Blue Bird issued by Amex sold at Wal Marts.

Mimi's Babies
08-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Thank You.... Wonder how many of those 'CARDS" are floating?

Do I assume that one can go into any Wal-mart or call a number an Place money on these cards?

Political Hack
08-15-2017, 12:57 PM
I hope this drags on for 10 more years.

The NCAA having the script of text messages is interesting. They couldn't have gotten them from anyone outside of a cooperative witness and given that the text was allegedly between Barney and a booster, it has to be one of them that shared it.

In short, Ole Miss burnt Barney. Barney is burning them back. It's over. Very, very over.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2017, 01:23 PM
I hope this drags on for 10 more years.

The NCAA having the script of text messages is interesting. They couldn't have gotten them from anyone outside of a cooperative witness and given that the text was allegedly between Barney and a booster, it has to be one of them that shared it.

In short, Ole Miss burnt Barney. Barney is burning them back. It's over. Very, very over.

If Barney rolled or is in the process of rolling over, the Network are either extremely stupid or extremely arrogant to think they could burn someone, not pay them off, and still think nothing would come of it. Barney's career is literally over in D1 football. He will never come close to another program so he has no incentive to take one for the team if he isn't getting paid.

LockeDawg
08-15-2017, 02:15 PM
If Barney rolled or is in the process of rolling over, the Network are either extremely stupid or extremely arrogant to think they could burn someone, not pay them off, and still think nothing would come of it. Barney's career is literally over in D1 football. He will never come close to another program so he has no incentive to take one for the team if he isn't getting paid.

I said it way back when ole Barn was shit canned.....OleMiss Admin/Board of Trustees/Boosters should have convened and passed the hat around so that they could "take care" of Barney for the rest of his life. Buy him a freaking mansion on a Caribbean island far away from TV/radio/social media/news papers/journalists or anything to do with sports other than international soccer. Make sure that Barney, his kids, his grandkids are set for life. Barney held the keys to the closet and once he starts rolling, those skeletons will be dancing out like the Radio City Music Hall Rockett's.

Same thing with Freeze, pay him enough to silence him forever. They say money talks, but enough of it will shut people up too.