PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Minor LHP baseball commit

Todd4State
08-14-2017, 04:10 PM
I saw this yesterday but we received a commitment from Jackson Minor a 2019 LHP from Hazel Green High School- the same school that Kendall Graveman played for I believe. He's listed at 5'11" and his fastball is in the mid 80's and tops out at 87. He has a couple of offers from some smaller schools like McNeese State but was getting interest from Alabama and Auburn among others.

Forrest4Moore
08-14-2017, 04:14 PM
I saw this yesterday but we received a commitment from Jackson Minor a 2019 LHP from Hazel Green High School- the same school that Kendall Graveman played for I believe. He's listed at 5'11" and his fastball is in the mid 80's and tops out at 87. He has a couple of offers from some smaller schools like McNeese State but was getting interest from Alabama and Auburn among others.

Kendall went to Benjamin Russell in Alexander City... About 30 min from Auburn's campus. I think Hazel Green is north of Huntsville.

beretta
08-14-2017, 04:33 PM
I think Cannizzaro thinks if he puts .01 lbs of muscle on him, he will be throwing 95 without blinking an eye.....he is 5'11 and 150lbs soaking wet.....to throw mid 80s at his size is a huge accomplishment.....he is a 2019 kid too.....a little growth and he is going to be a beast....

RocketDawg
08-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Kendall went to Benjamin Russell in Alexander City... About 30 min from Auburn's campus. I think Hazel Green is north of Huntsville.

That's correct. It's a Madison County (Alabama) school, and is located just north of Huntsville. It's a pretty big high school.

Homedawg
08-14-2017, 08:35 PM
WHile added velocity will help and he should get some, he's left handed and pitchability, secondary stuff and movement are just as important. I feel confident our staff likes what he has at this point.

ZedFedder
08-14-2017, 08:39 PM
WHile added velocity will help and he should get some, he's left handed and pitchability, secondary stuff and movement are just as important. I feel confident our staff likes what he has at this point.

Just got a commit, Bill Williams, from the same travel team as this guy.

Todd4State
08-14-2017, 10:57 PM
Just got a commit, Bill Williams, from the same travel team as this guy.

Yes! And he is a 6'3" RHP also from Alabama and is also a 2019 prospect. His fastball already tops out around 93-94 depending on what article you are reading.

Two really good looking prospects- Cann had a good weekend.