PDA

View Full Version : Patterson

msstate7
08-14-2017, 11:47 AM
How stupid must he feel at this point? OM's offense is in limbo now and no chance of playing for a bowl this season after being the #1 qb coming out of HS. Oh and lsu has etling as a starter. Meanwhile, fitz (pretty much a non-prospect coming into college) has one of the best qb gurus coaching him. I think by the end of this season fitz is the better pro prospect. What you think?

Leeshouldveflanked
08-14-2017, 11:53 AM
His daddy and brother are doing good tho .

JDog13
08-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Let's not be stupid. Not calling you stupid, but Patterson is a good QB. His accuracy alone should make him a better pro prospect.

Dawgology
08-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Hate it for the kid but at 17/18 he was old enough to make a good decision along with his parents. He will end up transferring, playing in a DII team somewhere and will dissappear into obscurity.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Will Patterson be there after the month of September?

thf24
08-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Patterson is still undeniably extremely talented, but he needs to get the hell out of OM in order to continue working towards his full pro potential. I'm shocked he hasn't already. Maybe he's counting on being able to transfer without sitting out after OM gets their sanctions, but if I were him I'd rather go ahead and leave and spend this year sitting out and working with some professional QB guru somewhere, than play an ugly and meaningless season for OM.

Howboutdemdogs
08-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Hell, just think of a lot of dumb ass players at Ole Piss that are in the same boat. Especially this last class. I have no sympathy for them, but it is a shame.

msstate7
08-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Let's not be stupid. Not calling you stupid, but Patterson is a good QB. His accuracy alone should make him a better pro prospect.

OM had a first round wr drafted that didn't even understand route running. I would have to guess Patterson's mental side of the game hit a stump going to om.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 12:04 PM
OM had a first round wr drafted that didn't even understand route running. I would have to guess Patterson's mental side of the game hit a stump going to om.

Outside of Freeze's cotton candy offense he should grow and become a good pro QB. If he stays at OM his abilities will be severely stunted.

msstate7
08-14-2017, 12:15 PM
No idea how reputable nfldraftscout.com is, but they have fitz ranked #5 in his class out of 136.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1007914&draftyear=2019&genpos=QB

Luginbill has fitz has a potential 1st rounder

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/espn-expert-predicts-nick-fitzgerald-will-first-round-nfl-draft-pick

Ari Gold
08-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Too bad he and WR core can't play both ways..
the Pattersons will be fine. They have been well taken care of, and SP will be in the draft sooner than later
He just might not be from the Univ of Mississippi when his name is announced.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Patterson is still undeniably extremely talented, but he needs to get the hell out of OM in order to continue working towards his full pro potential. I'm shocked he hasn't already. Maybe he's counting on being able to transfer without sitting out after OM gets their sanctions, but if I were him I'd rather go ahead and leave and spend this year sitting out and working with some professional QB guru somewhere, than play an ugly and meaningless season for OM.

Surely someone else will hire his brother...or does that new rule make that impossible? Surely that ain't the only thing keeping him there. You would think his brother would want Shea to succeed.

Mobile Bay
08-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Hate it for the kid but at 17/18 he was old enough to make a good decision along with his parents. He will end up transferring, playing in a DII team somewhere and will dissappear into obscurity.

EMCC or Blinn, then on to Auburn.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 03:07 PM
EMCC or Blinn, then on to Auburn.

Hell no, please let him go out of the SEC. One less top flight QB to face for a couple of years.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2017, 03:28 PM

Ole Miss does not develop QB's and hasn't in many years. Patterson is as good as he is going to get.

I_Spy
08-14-2017, 03:59 PM
OM always takes it as 'we are jealous' when we have Nick and KT. Some of us in this board do actually watch LSU and wonder what if Shay Shay was there... His story would be a different direction at this point. I say sin crept in and made him a lock is why he can't leave. And some of us hate Etling (yet believe he's all we got.

parabrave
08-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Ole Miss does not develop QB's and hasn't in many years. Patterson is as good as he is going to get.

Eli was already developed when he got there. Cut just managed him right.

basedog
08-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Patterson ain't the second coming of Archie Who! He played in what 3 games? Please!

Coursesuper
08-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Patterson ain't the second coming of Archie Who! He played in what 3 games? Please!

Agree, very small sample size so far. Good not great arm, plus speed, plus agility, that's all we've seen so far. He's played and beat 1 shitty defense in A&M lost to a good Vandy defense and lost to an all world shitty defense in MSU 2016. Before he's anointed the second coming let's see more.

msstate7
08-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Agree, very small sample size so far. Good not great arm, plus speed, plus agility, that's all we've seen so far. He's played and beat 1 shitty defense in A&M lost to a good Vandy defense and lost to an all world shitty defense in MSU 2016. Before he's anointed the second coming let's see more.

His WRs had a very decisive advantage vs all those defenses also

EAVdog
08-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Wait! Y'all haven't heard how Phil Longo is already 10 times the Offensive Genius than Saint Freezus was?

msujan
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Too bad he and WR core can't play both ways..
the Pattersons will be fine. They have been well taken care of, and SP will be in the draft sooner than later
He just might not be from the Univ of Mississippi when his name is announced.

I believe the parents are so far "indebted" to Northern Miss that they *can't* get out.

HSVDawg
08-14-2017, 07:49 PM

Whoever the hell South Alabama's QB is went up against us in our place and put up more points than he did in Oxford. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Dolphus Raymond
08-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Had I been Patterson, immediately after I finished reading the NCAA's response, I would have been on the phone. He still has a redshirt in the bank.