PDA

View Full Version : TEs

GTHOM
08-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Who starts at TE? Is Mullen going to actually use them? My money is on Jordan Thomas with JJ, Farrod Green, and Dontea Jones behind him. Roberson is a wild card I dont know much about him

Ifyouonlyknew
08-14-2017, 10:00 AM
Farrod is the starter

Leeshouldveflanked
08-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Knowing Mullen... we'll probably go 5 wideouts all season just to be cute.

KB21
08-14-2017, 10:41 AM
I think we are going to see Farrod and Jordan on the field together a lot, which Jordan playing an attached Y role and Farrod splitting out wide.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 10:44 AM
I believe it has been mentioned Mullen is using TEs more than usual in practice, both blocking and catching.

thf24
08-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty excited about the versatility our TE's will give us this year. With two TE's on the field we could go from a 2 wide to 4 wide without any subs. I feel like most of the teams we play this year wouldn't have an answer for that.

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Our TEs could give us the much needed size we need in the passing game and extra blockers for the running game. Since TEs play inside they would be matched up against either a LB they would be faster than, a nickel CB that they would be bigger than or a safety which puts our WR man to man with no help.

Commercecomet24
08-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Think of a poor mans Patriots offense with 2 TE' sets. Lots of things you can do out of those sets in the pass and run game.

preachermatt83
08-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Thomas is so physical. He needs to be the guy we through an Endzone lob fade to. He has the size advantage on every defender that will cover him and he is physical enough to grab the ball in the air even away from a defender. Farrod will be huge too. He will start.

bostondawg
08-14-2017, 02:18 PM
So, Jordan Thomas has to be one of the most physically gifted freaks on the team. And a ton of offseason threads have covered this too. So my question is, why wouldn't he start over Farrod? Is Farrod that good? Does Jordan Thomas desperately lack some ability to block or catch or something? Everyone makes it sound like JT is a world beater.

preachermatt83
08-14-2017, 02:28 PM
So, Jordan Thomas has to be one of the most physically gifted freaks on the team. And a ton of offseason threads have covered this too. So my question is, why wouldn't he start over Farrod? Is Farrod that good? Does Jordan Thomas desperately lack some ability to block or catch or something? Everyone makes it sound like JT is a world beater.

In a word, speed. JT is not a deep threat AT ALL. He is a prototypical TE, not the tweener mismatch guy that dan prefers.

bostondawg
08-14-2017, 02:36 PM
In a word, speed. JT is not a deep threat AT ALL. He is a prototypical TE, not the tweener mismatch guy that dan prefers.

Interesting. And fair point on Mullen's preferences. I still gotta think JT can find some mismatches. Dude is like 7'6", 480 pounds, and runs a 4.6. There has to be something we can do with that.

Ari Gold
08-14-2017, 02:38 PM

It really doesn't matter who starts . Its all about who plays the most snaps.
The only advantage the listed starter has is his name and picture is seen and heard on the Jumbotron.

BiscuitEater
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM

Jordan Thomas exchanged bodies with a NFL TE since last December. Dropped a LOT of weight; added muscle. Huge difference.

GTHOM
08-14-2017, 09:56 PM
I just wanna see us actually use them. We can still go 11 personnel and stay in spread, motion the TE into the backfield and run H back sets. Big advantage to have a good TE on the field

Perpetual Underachiever
08-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Jordan Thomas exchanged bodies with a NFL TE since last December. Dropped a LOT of weight; added muscle. Huge difference.

Pics or it didn't happen*

Our TE's had 25 receptions last year, I hope we double that number this season. If we do end up with 50+ TE receptions I think it will be a good season.