PDA

View Full Version : You know what really bugs me...

Dawgology
08-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Is an MSU "fan" still defending Freeze.

I went to a party this weekend and gravitated to a random stranger decked out in MSU gear. He appeared to be stuck at the party too and I thought "here's a fella I could converse with to pass the time". Boy...was I WRONG.

We struck up a conversation about MSU sports in general and it evolved to talking football. This guy new his stuff, saif he was a highschool coach somewhere (missed the name of the school). I asked what he thought of the NCAA stuff at Ole Miss, figuring we could get a good laugh. He replied "I don't really keep up with it...I just hate the NCAA is messing with a good man like Freeze".

I was literally dumbstruck. I sat there for a few minutes weighing my options and then thought "39 it, this guy is a stranger". I replied, "he's a good man that was calling hookers (possibly for recruits) and his program has over 20 major allegations against them!"

He totally disregards the hooker comment like I didn't even say it and says "well, if you look at those allegations they are all pretty insignificant... Freeze is a good guy really and wouldn't do all of that".

I just said "but he did and it's been proven with actual evidence". At that point I found an excuse to get away from this guy. I can almost understand Ole Miss fans thinking like this. it's all they have. It's standing on the sinking ship and hoping that flag pole your latched on to doesn't go under water.... but an MSU fan....damn. The fact that he is a coach makes me think that he interacted with Freeze in some capacity. HF must have been a HELL of a snake oils salesman to have some of these dumbasses still believing in him. It's just beyond stupid.

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 08:48 AM
That just shows you how powerful a con man HF is. OM found the right guy for their program. The "awwww shucks, I'mma born again believer" thing works wonders in the South.

Confession: I watched some of HF motivational speaking appearances on YouTube AFTER the hooker bombshell dropped and I was STILL like WOW he was good. I don't know if he was a sociopath, incredibly torn, or just had a gift for lying but I saw how he was able to delude so many people for so long.

Having said that though.......C'MON MAN!!!!! No one should be defending him now and especially not while wearing Mississippi State maroon and white.

smootness
08-14-2017, 09:20 AM
I feel like this post could have just said, 'Some people are uninformed and have weird opinions.'

RougeDawg
08-14-2017, 09:20 AM
That just shows you how powerful a con man HF is. OM found the right guy for their program. The "awwww shucks, I'mma born again believer" thing works wonders in the South.

Confession: I watched some of HF motivational speaking appearances on YouTube AFTER the hooker bombshell dropped and I was STILL like WOW he was good. I don't know if he was a sociopath, incredibly torn, or just had a gift for lying but I saw how he was able to delude so many people for so long.

Having said that though.......C'MON MAN!!!!! No one should be defending him now and especially not while wearing Mississippi State maroon and white.

Honestly, my BS radar pegged out the minute Archie announced he had found his man. Maybe it it took knowing the "real Archie", their network or a combination of eac, but Bucky is and and always has been to me, who everyone is know s him to be. The most frustrating part about all of it was getting ripped harder by MSU fans about calling Bucky a hypocrite and snake oil salesman, than OM fans did.

And for the record all of you who think Archie is a saint were the same blinded sheep who thought Bucky was a good guy. Been saying it for years and I'll say it gain, Archie is "The Network". Just like Freeze, Archie's aw shucks persona even landed "the head of the network" a position on the CFP committee.

DownwardDawg
08-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Honestly, my BS radar pegged out the minute Archie announced he had found his man. Maybe it it took knowing the "real Archie", their network or a combination of eac, but Bucky is and and always has been to me, who everyone is know s him to be. The most frustrating part about all of it was getting ripped harder by MSU fans about calling Bucky a hypocrite and snake oil salesman, than OM fans did.

And for the record all of you who think Archie is a saint were the same blinded sheep who thought Bucky was a good guy. Been saying it for years and I'll say it gain, Archie is "The Network". Just like Freeze, Archie's aw shucks persona even landed "the head of the network" a position on the CFP committee.

+1 on the Archie comment.

Pollodawg
08-14-2017, 09:36 AM

Yep. Why we have fans that defend the Mannings to the death, I'll never understand.

MadDawg
08-14-2017, 10:11 AM
I put the MSU fans that loved the movie "The Blind Side" in the same category.

LC Dawg
08-14-2017, 10:18 AM

I've always thought he is a sociopath.

DeputyDawg94
08-14-2017, 10:18 AM
I put the MSU fans that loved the movie "The Blind Side" in the same category.

Never seen it. Will never see it. I came in one night and the family was watching it. I changed the channel and almost grounded the kids.

JoseBrown
08-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Yep. Why we have fans that defend the Mannings to the death, I'll never understand.

Well to be honest there is at least one Manning family in the Delta that are great Bulldogs! �� We used to tailgate and sit together... You can have the rest of them though!

Perpetual Underachiever
08-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Is an MSU "fan" still defending Freeze.

I went to a party this weekend and gravitated to a random stranger decked out in MSU gear.

Let me guess... Croom era logo snapback hat, Russell "Vroom Maroon" t-shirt that is an eggplant shade of maroon, and a pinkish-maroon fanny pack to tie it all together. Am I close?

Dawgology
08-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Let me guess... Croom era logo snapback hat, Russell "Vroom Maroon" t-shirt that is an eggplant shade of maroon, and a pinkish-maroon fanny pack to tie it all together. Am I close?

Well done! It's almost like you were there. Wait....was that you??

Commercecomet24
08-14-2017, 12:19 PM

Dead on, balls accurate, Rouge!

Gen. Grant
08-14-2017, 12:48 PM
I fully expect that if they seek a new coach to replace ML, he will be a person cut very much the same way as HF.
Now, I’m not saying that he will be the televangelist type as HF, but I think they will seek someone that can keep their cult going or at the very least appeal to their cult like mentality. As we have seen, this type of thinking and identity creation was crucial to what they perceived to be 'success' at UM.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Well done! It's almost like you were there. Wait....was that you??

LOL! I was not there, but I know the type. Your description gave me a crystal clear image of the jackass.

After typing my first response I googled "Mississippi State Fanny Pack" and I'm not going to lie, this thing is glorious!

http://cdn3.volusion.com/vyduw.jkgfv/v/vspfiles/photos/814MST-2.jpg?1466001570

somebodyshotmypaw
08-14-2017, 05:52 PM
I went to a party this weekend and gravitated to a random stranger decked out in MSU gear.

We struck up a conversation about MSU sports in general and it evolved to talking football. This guy new his stuff, saif he was a highschool coach somewhere (missed the name of the school).

Was his name Coach34?

was21
08-14-2017, 06:38 PM
probably another evangelical fundamentalist christian type who grew up with the crusade tents on the outskirts of the small hamlet where he grew up..ala "I ain't perfect...just forgiven" type of approach..Elmer Gantry..Jimmy Swagart blah blah blah

BiscuitEater
08-14-2017, 06:59 PM
I watched some of HF motivational speaking appearances on YouTube AFTER the hooker bombshell dropped and I was STILL like WOW he was good. I don't know if he was a sociopath, incredibly torn, or just had a gift for lying but I saw how he was able to delude so many people for so long.

According to Freeze's wedding announcement, he is a "Reverend." It also said he was planning to attend seminary in the Memphis area while teaching.

BiscuitEater
08-14-2017, 07:05 PM
probably another evangelical fundamentalist christian type who grew up with the crusade tents on the outskirts of the small hamlet where he grew up..ala "I ain't perfect...just forgiven" type of approach..Elmer Gantry..Jimmy Swagart blah blah blah

I maintain a Christian World View and try my best to live a Christian life BUT that doesn't mean I don't call out and recongize sin when it happens. The Church has the task to discipline those inside the Church and it starts with confession and true repentance FIRST.

Have not seen either .. so far.

The Federalist Engineer
08-14-2017, 07:21 PM
He probably just wears the MSU gear to look cool and actually went to MUW or USM

Mobile Bay
08-14-2017, 09:00 PM
He probably just wears the MSU gear to look cool and actually went to MUW or USM

New Hope Academy. He wanted to attend MSU, but he had two kids by time he graduated HS.

bulldogcountry1
08-14-2017, 09:11 PM

I guarantee you he doesn't own anything more current than the original M-State ribbon logo, and he still wears a burgundy "MSJ" pullover.

Perpetual Underachiever
08-14-2017, 09:31 PM
According to Freeze's wedding announcement, he is a "Reverend." It also said he was planning to attend seminary in the Memphis area while teaching.

BiscuitEater - Any chance you are a high school football coach, and attended a party this weekend???*

iPat09
08-15-2017, 09:08 AM

Hey now, don't knock those of us that went to MUW. I firmly believe I wouldn't be where I am in life if I had not attended there.

Dawg61
08-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Freeze always came across to me as a total bullshit artist from day 1. Archie too but he hides it better than Freeze. Probably because he's been in the spotlight a lot longer.