PDA

View Full Version : I Find It amazing ....

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2017, 08:24 AM
That numerous Bear players that were clearly bought are eligible to play this season.

Listening to Bo Bounds interview Parrish Alford and Alford starts complimenting OM on their OL and WR recruiting, and I just couldn't help but laugh at how most every single one of those players were bought off. It's amazing how proud of their recruiting they still are.

How Little, Lodge, Brown, etc are eligible this year is absolutely beyond me.

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 08:27 AM
I'd have to say...yeah.

PassInterference
08-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Yeah. OM people think elite recruiting is their birthright. They think the NCAA is a speed bump in the way of a bunch of legitimate progress they've made.

I pity them.

MetEdDawg
08-14-2017, 08:31 AM
That numerous Bear players that were clearly bought are eligible to play this season.

Listening to Bo Bounds interview Parrish Alford and Alford starts complimenting OM on their OL and WR recruiting, and I just couldn't help but laugh at how most every single one of those players were bought off. It's amazing how proud of their recruiting they still are.

Either OM got smarter since that big class or the NCAA is investigating them. Either way, why would OM sit them? This season is a wash anyways. They might as well play them all.

WinningIsRelentless
08-14-2017, 08:33 AM
Either OM got smarter since that big class or the NCAA is investigating them. Either way, why would OM sit them? This season is a wash anyways. They might as well play them all.

Winner winner

JDog13
08-14-2017, 08:34 AM
You'll see soon that some players will sit. The amount of games is unclear.

fader2103
08-14-2017, 08:42 AM
its because the only people UM paid went to other schools*****

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 08:45 AM
I wonder if the NCAA has said you might want to sit these guys and om's response is to play them anyway. I mean why not, they're 17ed.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
I wonder if the NCAA has said you might want to sit these guys and om's response is to play them anyway. I mean why not, they're 17ed.

No bowl game anyway so why not play them. If you have to forfeit games later then that is just some records that are changed. If they had to bench all their star players then ticket sales would go in the shitter and their shitter is getting full.

archdawg
08-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Would they even be able to field a team if all of the bought players couldn't play****

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 09:21 AM
No bowl game anyway so why not play them. If you have to forfeit games later then that is just some records that are changed. If they had to bench all their star players then ticket sales would go in the shitter and their shitter is getting full.

If they had to sit their star athletes the South Alabama game would get interesting.

Dallas_Dawg
08-14-2017, 09:26 AM
If they had to sit their star athletes the South Alabama game would get interesting.

Still may be. Remember, they beat us last year. I'm thinking a shootout

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Still may be. Remember, they beat us last year. I'm thinking a shootout

And I think SA only lost 3 starters from last yr. Could get interesting.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Ole Miss will handle SA.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Ole Miss will handle SA.
^^^^This^^^^

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Ole Miss will handle SA.

LOL! That's what we said too.

Bubb Rubb
08-14-2017, 10:58 AM

For whatever reason, the NCAA doesn't have anything on those players, or they just chose to stop with what they had. None of them is mentioned in the NOA, so the Bears are going to play them.

All this talk about continued investigations over these other players is just a Mimi pipe dream. The investigation is over, responses have been exchanged, and the COI hearing is coming up. The only way anything else happens on the investigation front is if something further comes out of burner gate with Hugh's phone records. It could happen, but it's uneducated speculation to assume it will at this point.

The NCAA is about to slam Ole Miss. When they take away two more bowl chances, all these players you refer to are going to look to transfer anyway.

Bully13
08-14-2017, 11:03 AM

The fact that the investigators said violations continued during the investigation would back up what you are saying.

HSVDawg
08-14-2017, 11:08 AM

It's not that surprising. The NCAA only found about 1% (at most) of what was happening. That's par for the course for any investigation that they do.

Every 4* and 5* player at every Power 5 school is bought to a certain extent. No exceptions. The difference identified at OM is that the coaches were coordinating it.

Token Bammer
08-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Giving a good coach a month to prepare for what feels like a Super Bowl type game for his players can be dangerous. Plus, they've won this type of game before and have confidence they can do it again.

Let's not forget, and I know we won't, that Ole Miss has just a few minor distractions heading into the game and Matt Luke for a head coach.

RocketDawg
08-14-2017, 11:16 AM
It's not that surprising. The NCAA only found about 1% (at most) of what was happening. That's par for the course for any investigation that they do.

Every 4* and 5* player at every Power 5 school is bought to a certain extent. No exceptions. The difference identified at OM is that the coaches were coordinating it.

Alabama must have a really corrupt team then since they have nothing but 4 and 5 stars.

MStateDawg
08-14-2017, 11:29 AM
And I think SA only lost 3 starters from last yr. Could get interesting.

Nope. They lost 11 starters. 6 on offense. 5 on defense.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-football-rankings/os-sp-2017-college-football-rankings-south-alabama-0512-20170511-story.html

Dawgtini
08-14-2017, 11:48 AM
You'll see soon that some players will sit. The amount of games is unclear.

This seems to have been "glossed over" by most so far. Care to elaborate?

Bothrops
08-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Yeah. OM people think elite recruiting is their birthright. They think the NCAA is a speed bump in the way of a bunch of legitimate progress they've made.

I pity them.

This is well put, and 100% fact.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Nope. They lost 11 starters. 6 on offense. 5 on defense.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-football-rankings/os-sp-2017-college-football-rankings-south-alabama-0512-20170511-story.html

My bad. I coulda sworn Bo was talking about them only losing 3 starters a couple of weeks ago. Oh well.

TimberBeast
08-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Ole Miss will handle SA.

Unless their coach stupidly pulls the starting QB after the first series for no reason, and decides to play the worst running back on the team.

HSVDawg
08-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Alabama must have a really corrupt team then since they have nothing but 4 and 5 stars.

Yep. Not because of the coaches though. They also have a lot more to sell than just cold hard cash.

TrapGame
08-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Unless their coach stupidly pulls the starting QB after the first series for no reason, and decides to play the worst running back on the team.

Pfffft! That'll never happen.***

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Yep. Not because of the coaches though. They also have a lot more to sell than just cold hard cash.

I think Alabama pays players but still go only about 75-80 in the 70 mph zone.

The truth is that they don't have to buy players but rather just compete enough financially that the players aren't bought by other schools.

Honestly though, how would we know with them? Nobody raises an eye brow when they land 5 stars like they do when other schools land them.

Now.... I'm sure that Bama bought tons of players back in the day to build their tradition. Back in the 60s and 70s, you could get away with murder.

Unfortunately, MSU has too poo and lacked the leadership at that time and thus missed the window.

sandwolf
08-14-2017, 12:50 PM
For whatever reason, the NCAA doesn't have anything on those players, or they just chose to stop with what they had. None of them is mentioned in the NOA, so the Bears are going to play them.

All this talk about continued investigations over these other players is just a Mimi pipe dream. The investigation is over, responses have been exchanged, and the COI hearing is coming up. The only way anything else happens on the investigation front is if something further comes out of burner gate with Hugh's phone records. It could happen, but it's uneducated speculation to assume it will at this point.

The NCAA is about to slam Ole Miss. When they take away two more bowl chances, all these players you refer to are going to look to transfer anyway.

+1

Mimi's Babies
08-14-2017, 01:02 PM
The fact that the investigators said violations continued during the investigation would back up what you are saying.

The investigation was going on when Brown was being bought and paid for. Nothing after January 31, 2016 😅is in the NOA. HE appeared with a car in March.

Mimi's Babies
08-14-2017, 08:02 PM

Let's talk Pipe Dream...... Brown's stuff happened AFTER the NCAA Cut off date of January 29 - 31, 2016(cannot remember what date is in the NOA)........ There are pictures, from crootapolozza weekend, making the rounds on the internet of the ONLY weekend that he is to have reportedly been on an offical visit. Wonder how much OM clothing he received at RR? The new car arrived late February/March 2016... (amazing for a one time offical visit, from what I was told... haha) Interesting... Yes, there should be a 3rd NOA.. I hope that ALL of the NCAA people will receive a copy of Flim Flam... it will be enlighting for many that don't know the whole story.... But so you do know.... Illegal Benefits were going on as late as May 2017..... ask the intermin head coach at OM..... Isn't that correct.... _________________......

codeDawg
08-14-2017, 08:12 PM
The NCAA had to draw a line somewhere. They feel like they have enough to punish UM at a level that will bend them towards compliance and will continue to investigate while they are on probation. You can't catch everything.

Mimi's Babies
08-14-2017, 08:22 PM
The NCAA had to draw a line somewhere. They feel like they have enough to punish UM at a level that will bend them towards compliance and will continue to investigate while they are on probation. You can't catch everything.

Brown had better NOT end up at MSU......

Bubb Rubb
08-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Let's talk Pipe Dream...... Brown's stuff happened AFTER the NCAA Cut off date of January 29 - 31, 2016(cannot remember what date is in the NOA)........ There are pictures, from crootapolozza weekend, making the rounds on the internet of the ONLY weekend that he is to have reportedly been on an offical visit. Wonder how much OM clothing he received at RR? The new car arrived late February/March 2016... (amazing for a one time offical visit, from what I was told... haha) Interesting... Yes, there should be a 3rd NOA.. I hope that ALL of the NCAA people will receive a copy of Flim Flam... it will be enlighting for many that don't know the whole story.... But so you do know.... Illegal Benefits were going on as late as May 2017..... ask the intermin head coach at OM..... Isn't that correct.... _________________......

Lets talk FACTS. Have you seen any of this stuff in the NOA?

I'm sure stuff has continued to go on. I heard you the first 22,873 times. But unless the NCAA launches a new investigation, just sit back and take a chill pill. They are going to get hammered.

State82
08-14-2017, 10:52 PM

Common sense like this is refreshing. Some of the other rhetoric around here from the lunatic fringe gets comical, but old. There is enough stuff on those bastards for the NCAA to do anything they so desire to that program. The NCAA has what they need. Period. They're done.