PDA

View Full Version : Need help settling an argument

Howboutdemdogs
08-13-2017, 03:41 PM
With a discussion with a neighbor who drinks the Ole Piss kool-aid today, does anyone know who has more active rooster players in the NFL,,,,, us or TSUN?

klc90
08-13-2017, 03:51 PM
According to ESPN they have 30 we have 29.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/players?college=344 linked MSU. Just change to them to get theirs

Maroon Wizardry
08-13-2017, 03:51 PM
looks close... i'm not counting them... OM is under the letter O. Final Roster cuts have not been made so it would be better to check during week 1 of the NFL
http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/m

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-13-2017, 04:04 PM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/langstonjay/Mobile%20Uploads/8D694999-E6B1-4972-B6A6-3419DB1CEAE0_zpsyfzhk0ot.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/langstonjay/media/Mobile%20Uploads/8D694999-E6B1-4972-B6A6-3419DB1CEAE0_zpsyfzhk0ot.jpg.html)

HSVDawg
08-13-2017, 04:04 PM
With a discussion with a neighbor who drinks the Ole Piss kool-aid today, does anyone know who has more active rooster players in the NFL,,,,, us or TSUN?

Depends....does Treadwell count as "active"?

Jack Lambert
08-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Ask him how many active players will Ole Miss have in two years.

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Ask him how many active players will Ole Miss have in two years.

In the NFL or on campus .... ?

Apoplectic
08-13-2017, 05:16 PM
based on the premise of the network i would say their rooster's will no longer be that active

Howboutdemdogs
08-13-2017, 05:48 PM
OK, Ok, I see it Roster,,,, not Rooster,,,,, however Jack has the quote that will be passed on.... I will say that Coldsleeve Jr was on point with the pic.

Todd4State
08-13-2017, 06:05 PM
I imagine we will pass them by in this category by this time next year more than likely because of Rankin, Jordan Thomas, maybe Brandon Bryant if he plays like he did in 2015 among others.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Surely this debate eventually got to discussing quality vs quantity, right?

If so, there is no debate.

Howboutdemdogs
08-13-2017, 08:05 PM
That will be the next facet of the conversation Shotgun,,,,which will be a heated debate.

JDog13
08-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Ask him how many ole miss players have recently received the enormous contracts KJ Wright, Fletcher Cox, Gabe Jackson, and Darius Slay have. Dak and BMack Are soon to follow.

HSVDawg
08-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Surely this debate eventually got to discussing quality vs quantity, right?

If so, there is no debate.

This is where that debate goes:

QB:
Eli vs. Dak
Honestly, hard to trump 2 Super Bowl rings. Dak is probably better right now though. Could go either way.
Edge: Push

WR:
Moncrief / Wallace vs. nobody
Edge: OM

TE
Evan Engram vs. nobody

OL
Bobby Massie / Laremy Tunsil / Bradley Sowell vs. Gabe Jackson
Edge: Big edge OM

RB
Branden Bolden vs. nobody

DT
Fletcher Cox / Josh Boyd / Kaleb Eulls / Kyle Love / Chris Jones vs. Robert Nkemdiche
Edge: Big to MSU

DE / OLB
Smith / Autry / McPhee vs. Hooks / Ward (basically nobody)
Edge: MSU

LB
KJ Wright / B-MAC vs. nobody

CB
Banks / Slay vs. Golson

Safety
Elston (who hasn't really done anything) vs. nobody
Edge: Very slight to OM

Honestly, it's pretty even. MSU is very hurt by the fact that we have 4 whole position groups with absolutely no impact NFL players (WR, RB, TE, S). OM has the big edge with offensive players and we have the big edge with defensive players. That shouldn't surprise anyone who has followed both programs over the past decade.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-13-2017, 11:12 PM
This is where that debate goes:

QB:
Eli vs. Dak
Honestly, hard to trump 2 Super Bowl rings. Dak is probably better right now though. Could go either way.
Edge: Push

WR:
Moncrief / Wallace vs. nobody

TE
Evan Engram vs. nobody

OL
Bobby Massie / Laremy Tunsil / Bradley Sowell vs. Gabe Jackson
Edge: Big edge OM

RB
Branden Bolden vs. nobody

DT
Fletcher Cox / Josh Boyd / Kaleb Eulls / Kyle Love / Chris Jones vs. Robert Nkemdiche
Edge: Big to MSU

DE / OLB
Smith / Autry / McPhee vs. Hooks / Ward (basically nobody)

LB
KJ Wright / B-MAC vs. nobody

CB
Banks / Slay vs. Golson

Safety
Elston (who hasn't really done anything) vs. nobody
Edge: Very slight to OM

Honestly, it's pretty even. MSU is very hurt by the fact that we have 4 whole position groups with absolutely no impact NFL players (WR, RB, TE, S). OM has the big edge with offensive players and we have the big edge with defensive players. That shouldn't surprise anyone who has followed both programs over the past decade.

outstanding post. haven't seen or thought about it broken down by position like this. thanks.