PDA

View Full Version : BYU @ State seating

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Question. BYU fan here. I live in Biloxi right now and while I don't think I'll be able to make the BYU-LSU game, I'd like to visit Davis-Wade for the first time.

I'm never one to care about sitting in the visitor section at games. I'm there to watch the game so I'm not desperate for a bunch of BYU fans around me. And I worked for Southern Miss football for a bit and saw you State fans to be pretty chill so I'll bet on that. :) I just want good seats where I can see. I am a bit near-sighted so I'll take glasses to the game (they're basically just magnifying glasses with my eyesight).

I'm also not a big bleacher fan so question 1, can you bring or rent stadium chairs for bleachers?
Next, do you think it would be worth it to try to sit down lower, or maybe hit the chairbacks right above the lower bowl? How's the visibility from there? I guess my question is how is the visibility from any of your favorite spots that are a reasonable price. Any help is great thanks.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Sincere advice: stay home...you won't enjoy the outcome of this one.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-13-2017, 12:16 AM
If he is a fan and wants to see his team play then he should. I went to watch us play Bama last year and I certainly didn't like that outcome.

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2017, 12:19 AM
I know you can bring stadium seats and I think they have some to rent but not sure. I don't think those chair backs are available single game wise so count on bleachers. To me, the upper deck is about the view you get watching on tv. I've watched a few games in the lower section. Once was about row 10 and one was about row 40. I have to say I liked the row 40 seats better, but that just comes down to personal preference.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 12:28 AM
I mean, embarrassing you guys, I'll feel for you, but I'll still enjoy it. And I'll only feel for you because I doubt you guys carry the type of delusional SEC arrogance that LSU/Bama fans are capable of. ;)

In all seriousness... No real sports fan should ever want to deny another a chance to watch some great football. It's FOOTBALL! Win or lose my passion is tied to the entertainment of the game. It's a beautiful game. I'm big boy enough that I won't completely lose my mind over a loss... But yes it helps that I'm confident in beating your butt twice in a row. And I'll back it up with plenty of in-depth football talk. Not just blabbering assumptions like you see over in, ahem, some neighboring states. If you want to know BYU football I'll teach you. And I'd love to hear why I should be more worried about State. Love Mullen and I know he's always going to put a crew together.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks. What would you say the upper deck is for someone using glasses? I mean, I'm not Lon from Employee of the Month, but I would like to be able to tell who is who. I guess I could stand bleachers more with at least a bleacher pad.

I like the interactive seating chart and from what I can tell, I'd probably agree with you about lower bowl higher up. Thanks again.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 12:43 AM
I mean, embarrassing you guys, I'll feel for you, but I'll still enjoy it. And I'll only feel for you because I doubt you guys carry the type of delusional SEC arrogance that LSU/Bama fans are capable of. ;)

In all seriousness... No real sports fan should ever want to deny another a chance to watch some great football. It's FOOTBALL! Win or lose my passion is tied to the entertainment of the game. It's a beautiful game. I'm big boy enough that I won't completely lose my mind over a loss... But yes it helps that I'm confident in beating your butt twice in a row. And I'll back it up with plenty of in-depth football talk. Not just blabbering assumptions like you see over in, ahem, some neighboring states. If you want to know BYU football I'll teach you. And I'd love to hear why I should be more worried about State. Love Mullen and I know he's always going to put a crew together.

You should definately stay home. BYU will lose and you will have a long ride home.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 12:54 AM
Quality discussion right there. lol I'm up for it. I'll go with a slight edge to BYU on this, and there are a ton of BYU fans way more scared of you than I believe they should be. Name ain't everything. But you won't be facing a first year O and D. Last year you did, plus a struggling QB, and you still lost. Up for a fight any day. I won't throw a Mullen post-game attitude if that's what you're thinking. haha :cool:

mstatefan91
08-13-2017, 12:55 AM

Lol yeah your guys are going to lose, and it isn't going to to be pretty. BUT best seats are lower grandstand 30 to 45 row

mstatefan91
08-13-2017, 12:57 AM
Quality discussion right there. lol I'm up for it. I'll go with a slight edge to BYU on this, and there are a ton of BYU fans way more scared of you than I believe they should be. Name ain't everything. But you won't be facing a first year O and D. Last year you did, plus a struggling QB, and you still lost. Up for a fight any day. I won't throw a Mullen post-game attitude if that's what you're thinking. haha :cool:

You really shouldn't compare year to year with us as far as this vs last. We were going through an identity crisis at QB while having one of the worst defenses of all time in our program. It will be different and BYU will lose.

DawgHouseUnited
08-13-2017, 01:13 AM
My opinion would be lower bowl but kinda mid to higher rows. As for the seats, don't they rent the cushioned seats just like the chair backs? They're black instead of the maroon ones that get bolted down for the season tickets holders (that spring for them- it's about the only way I can keep my better half even somewhat comfy).

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 03:12 AM

Would you drive up for the game if you knew BYU were going to lose by three touchdowns?

If the answer is "no" stay home. Seriously.

If you would still enjoy the experience if you lose by 21, the we'll see you there.

JoseBrown
08-13-2017, 03:39 AM
Lol yeah your guys are going to lose, and it isn't going to to be pretty. BUT best seats are lower grandstand 30 to 45 row

This.

Political Hack
08-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Well, watching us beat the snot of them will be a little more enjoyable now.

Find tickets between the 40's and bring a stadium seat. That'll be your best chance to watch a Fitz single handedly put up more yards than your entire offense.

Maroonthirteen
08-13-2017, 09:08 AM
Yes, you can rent stadium seats at the stadium.

The chance is low you find a ticket that is a chair back in the west upper. Those chair backs in the upper west side are Bulldog club season tickets. However Just watch stubhub and vivid. If you are willing to pay, I see chairback seats in the new north end zone often, loge seats and scoreboard club on stubhub/vivid.

However there will be plenty of tickets in the upper decks on stubhub. If you find row 10 and lower in the uppers, those are good seats. I'm slightly near sighted, I see fine up there. Also the video boards are huge and easily seen up there. You'll spend half your time looking at the video board. If you find a row 1 or 2, in the upper, rent a stadium seat and that will be a better seat than those permanent chair backs.

I prefer the east upper over the west upper. The east is newer and has climate control concourse, newer bathrooms and concessions.

Obviously, the lower sections, rows 20 to to the top (60ish)are the best seats. There will be some on stubhub/vivid. Depending on our season, will determine the quantity and price. Again you can rent a chairback. However walk up to your seat first and see if the season ticket holder already has reserved stadium seats for that particular seat.

Dawgbite
08-13-2017, 09:34 AM
The first 10 or so rows between the 35's on the west side 300 level are chairbacks, great view of the game from there. I used to have season tickets there and loved the view, wife hated the climb. If you will be solo, you can most likely buy a visitor ticket in 300 and find an empty solo chair back to sit in. I don't feel like the BYU game will be packed so seats will be available. If you do sit on 300, arrive early enough to catch an elevator up, those ramps will kill you!

CadaverDawg
08-13-2017, 09:47 AM

Wow, I can't wait to revisit this one after the BYU game. You have no idea how different '17 MSU is from the '16 version. QB now has experience, defense now has a D1 coach, and this one is in Starkville. And to be honest, we played like pure shit on the road last year and still shoulda beaten you guys. If we don't win by 10-14+ I'll be disappointed, and the season will probably go much worse than we're expecting.

But safe travels & enjoy the game. You seem like a fun natured guy, and I have no doubt you'll enjoy your experience at Davis Wade.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2017, 01:20 PM
I have not read every post in this thread so I might be saying what already has been said but go to the Miss State Ticket Office web page and use the virtual seating chart to see what the field would look like from different point of views and pick your ticket base on that.

RC3
08-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I might have four extras on the lower level. I can't make this game. On about the 45 yards line. Private message me if interested.

sleepy dawg
08-13-2017, 02:11 PM
I love upper deck, but I have eyes like a hawk. West Side is better than east side due to the sun, depending on the time of the game.

If you do sit lower deck, I wouldn't sit in the first several rows. I'd also say anything inside the 20's and at least 10-15 rows up, and you should be able to see pretty good.

Another tip... You'll be tempted to watch the jumbo-jumbo-trons during play, as they are massive and very appealing. Stick to watching the field during play except for replays or when you can't really see what's going on.

And one more fyi, you landed on the best MSU site. There are other MSU sites that will probably be nicer to you, but as you can already tell, folks here love smack talk, and as the game nears, there will likely be some in-depth talk about the game. Come back and post as the game gets closer to give us the scoop on BYU, but expect to be given a hard time throughout your time here.

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Another tip... You'll be tempted to watch the jumbo-jumbo-trons during play, as they are massive and very appealing. Stick to watching the field during play except for replays or when you can't really see what's going on.

e.g., the person in front of you insists on standing during the entire game, or pops up just at the wrong time. **

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2017, 05:22 PM
or pops up just at the wrong time. **

happened all the time in junior high.

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
happened all the time in junior high.

Haha. That's why everybody carried a sweater even in the hot months.

sleepy dawg
08-13-2017, 06:04 PM
e.g., the person in front of you insists on standing during the entire game, or pops up just at the wrong time. **

I know sarcasterisks, but I sit on about the 10 yard line, so once it gets to about the other 20, it gets difficult.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 06:52 PM
I love upper deck, but I have eyes like a hawk. West Side is better than east side due to the sun, depending on the time of the game.

If you do sit lower deck, I wouldn't sit in the first several rows. I'd also say anything inside the 20's and at least 10-15 rows up, and you should be able to see pretty good.

And one more fyi, you landed on the best MSU site. There are other MSU sites that will probably be nicer to you, but as you can already tell, folks here love smack talk, and as the game nears, there will likely be some in-depth talk about the game. Come back and post as the game gets closer to give us the scoop on BYU, but expect to be given a hard time throughout your time here.

Thanks. And I don't mind smack talk, as long as there's actually real discussion and logic, not just blank "yeah you will lose" statements. That's shallow, baseless, and doesn't promote any kind of discussion. I'll give plenty of smack in return. Good stuff. But I'll typically respond to people who seem to have a clue what they're talking about, not just the rabid, arrogant crazies who just assume they're going to destroy every opponent every game with no further thought into it. Clearly every fan base has them.

Homedawg
08-13-2017, 07:04 PM
You should definately stay home. BYU will lose and you will have a long ride home.

Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Thanks. What would you say the upper deck is for someone using glasses? I mean, I'm not Lon from Employee of the Month, but I would like to be able to tell who is who. I guess I could stand bleachers more with at least a bleacher pad.

I like the interactive seating chart and from what I can tell, I'd probably agree with you about lower bowl higher up. Thanks again.

Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Wow, I can't wait to revisit this one after the BYU game. You have no idea how different '17 MSU is from the '16 version. QB now has experience, defense now has a D1 coach, and this one is in Starkville. And to be honest, we played like pure shit on the road last year and still shoulda beaten you guys. If we don't win by 10-14+ I'll be disappointed, and the season will probably go much worse than we're expecting.

But safe travels & enjoy the game. You seem like a fun natured guy, and I have no doubt you'll enjoy your experience at Davis Wade.

Meh, goes both ways. We shot ourselves in the foot more than anything. While much of the nation goes spread, I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult it is to go backwards, from spread back to pro. How hard that is in the first year. Brand new staff, previous coach's recruits that were meant for a spread. Skinnier linemen who weren't really taught much technique, hardly anything for TEs, everyone learning a much more complex system. Struggling QB. This type of system flat out needs time. There's no other way around it. That's why Taysom Hill got the nod. There's an assumption that his athleticism can help, but even his athleticism was down. Also learning a new defense with a bunch of 3-4 personnel.

I believe in Fitzgerald, but he's still State's Taysom Hill. Dak is what both were supposed to become in some form, but neither did/will. He'll still need protection and guys to throw to, just like anyone. I'm interested in seeing how it goes.

If you're expecting a big win and would be disappointed with a lesser margin even in a win, you don't know BYU. It will likely be pretty close win or lose. The offense is about ball control and the defense is going to be much improved. I also saw a comment/excuse thtat your D was so bad last year but automatically won't be this year... Well, you have a TON of production to replace so it's not that simple right? BTW, what are you running? Grantham going 3-4? Either way, I hope he has them ready to play football and not bogus stuff like kicking the QB in the head. ;)

We beat you last year ironically using TEs more... If we stand a chance to win again, it will be by the same means. We're going to have legit TE play and a QB who knows how to use them.
Just saying, any time you try to factor the "yeah well that was last year and this is now," remember that there are arguments to be made for the opponent as well. Can't ignore what goes on with both sides. I have a pretty decent idea about Miss St, but both teams have a lot of (both positive and negative) unknowns right now and there's no amount of proof otherwise until we get this season rolling.

BYUblue
08-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Even in the upper deck you'll be on bleachers. There are very few chairbacks in the upper deck, and I'm pretty sure all of those are on the west side and almost certainly sold out. Basically, if you buy a ticket through either school you'll be in a plain bleacher seat. Buy one from StubHub or an individual and you have a better chance of getting a good seat but you'll probably pay more too. I'd be careful about buying a ticket from the scalpers outside too. I've never bought one, but just don't think it would be wise.

That helps, thanks a lot.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Meh, goes both ways. We shot ourselves in the foot more than anything. While much of the nation goes spread, I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult it is to go backwards, from spread back to pro. How hard that is in the first year. Brand new staff, previous coach's recruits that were meant for a spread. Skinnier linemen who weren't really taught much technique, hardly anything for TEs, everyone learning a much more complex system. Struggling QB. This type of system flat out needs time. There's no other way around it. That's why Taysom Hill got the nod. There's an assumption that his athleticism can help, but even his athleticism was down. Also learning a new defense with a bunch of 3-4 personnel.

I believe in Fitzgerald, but he's still State's Taysom Hill. Dak is what both were supposed to become in some form, but neither did/will. He'll still need protection and guys to throw to, just like anyone. I'm interested in seeing how it goes.

Also if you want to have fun during the season they gave you 500 vcash. Go to the Bet Your Ass Off forum and bet on games when the season starts. See how high you can get your v cash. See mine? Too bad it's not real. Freeze could have a good time with that kind of money.

If you're expecting a big win and would be disappointed with a lesser margin even in a win, you don't know BYU. It will likely be pretty close win or lose. The offense is about ball control and the defense is going to be much improved. I also saw a comment/excuse thtat your D was so bad last year but automatically won't be this year... Well, you have a TON of production to replace so it's not that simple right? BTW, what are you running? Grantham going 3-4? Either way, I hope he has them ready to play football and not bogus stuff like kicking the QB in the head. ;)

We beat you last year ironically using TEs more... If we stand a chance to win again, it will be by the same means. We're going to have legit TE play and a QB who knows how to use them.
Just saying, any time you try to factor the "yeah well that was last year and this is now," remember that there are arguments to be made for the opponent as well. Can't ignore what goes on with both sides. I have a pretty decent idea about Miss St, but both teams have a lot of (both positive and negative) unknowns right now and there's no amount of proof otherwise until we get this season rolling.

BYU lost their QB and yes we know about the back up but he was the back up for a reason. BYU lost their running back and their best receiver. State will not be fighting altitude as they did in Provo and it does make a different I was at the game and have been to Utah many times. Your guys will fighting flat land with humidity and 62K Cow Bells. Have you ever heard 62K cowbells ringing? It is the most intense sound you will ever hear. I do expect a good game, BYU will fight hard but state will win by 14.

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 08:15 PM
BYU lost their QB and yes we know about the back up but he was the back up for a reason. BYU lost their running back and their best receiver. State will not be fighting altitude as they did in Provo and it does make a different I was at the game and have been to Utah many times. Your guys will fighting flat land with humidity and 62K Cow Bells. Have you ever heard 62K cowbells ringing? It is the most intense sound you will ever hear. I do expect a good game, BYU will fight hard but state will win by 14.

Yeah, remember last time we had probably 50,000 cowbells but they brought their own officials (and presumably will this time too) and we all know how that worked out .... You'd think they were Alabama because they never had holding called.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 08:38 PM
Don't be an ole miss prick. The guy just asked a question. No need to do that.

Always amusing to see someone preface their etiquette lesson with "hey, prick!" so thanks for that much.

No prickishness involved on my end. If he is going to see his team win -- and he is, it turns out -- he will be unhappy at the end of the game...trying to save him some disappointment.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 08:42 PM

You really do need to stay home if you're expecting a good chance to win. If you do go, check in after the game and we'll try to help lift your spirits.

Jarius
08-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Your offensive scheme fits right into what we want you to do defensively (our awful defense pretty much kept you in check until the very end of the game). You run an offense that very few teams in the country have the personnel to make work against SEC defenses with mid major type recruiting classes. Offensively, we were a completely different team the second half of the year. Our offensive line got better and better the longer they played together. We return 4 that started at some point last year, to include a projected first round draft pick at left tackle. If you aren't expecting a Dan Mullen quarterback to develop, you have not been paying attention to Dan Mullen's quarterbacks throughout his coaching history.

State will be favored to win the game. BYU could no doubt win, but your fan base will be the only ones expecting it.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2017, 11:52 PM

You don't know as much as you think about MSU. Acting like Grantham is bringing in a new scheme, when we were in a 3-4 last year....just a shitty one bc Sirmon was a joke. We ran a 150 lb RB against y'all...not the guy that ran wild vs the SEC once we finally started giving him the ball last year. Fitz is our Taysom Hill? Nope. You aren't paying attention to our QB's.

And don't tell me what I should and should not expect....I expect us to beat BYU by a minimum of 10-14, bc I watch football, study football, and know that MSU will be 2-3 scores better of a football team than BYU. Have a good trip, and be sure to stop by after the game.

BYUblue
08-14-2017, 12:04 AM
You really do need to stay home if you're expecting a good chance to win. If you do go, check in after the game and we'll try to help lift your spirits.

You really need to stop responding if you can't offer some quality talk, even for doggy-goggled smack level talk. Anyone can talk out their butt. I'd ask the "why" behind your opinion, but I get the feeling you don't have an answer beyond "because we're better." If you can, go for it. I want to learn as much as I can about the team. Posts like yours do nothing. Dime a dozen for this caliber of yapping.

CadaverDawg
08-14-2017, 12:08 AM
You really need to stop responding if you can't offer some quality talk, even for doggy-goggled smack level talk. Anyone can talk out their butt. I'd ask the "why" behind your opinion, but I get the feeling you don't have an answer beyond "because we're better." If you can, go for it. I want to learn as much as I can about the team. Posts like yours do nothing. Dime a dozen for this caliber of yapping.

Careful, this isn't your board....you don't decide how & when our posters respond. I may not agree with his response either, but he's one of ours, & you're not going to tell him to stop responding. Clear?

Carry on

BYUblue
08-14-2017, 12:25 AM
You don't know as much as you think about MSU. Acting like Grantham is bringing in a new scheme, when we were in a 3-4 last year....just a shitty one bc Sirmon was a joke. We ran a 150 lb RB against y'all...not the guy that ran wild vs the SEC once we finally started giving him the ball last year. Fitz is our Taysom Hill? Nope. You aren't paying attention to our QB's.

And don't tell me what I should and should not expect....I expect us to beat BYU by a minimum of 10-14, bc I watch football, study football, and know that MSU will be 2-3 scores better of a football team than BYU. Have a good trip, and be sure to stop by after the game.

I didn't act like anything. I straight up asked what he was running because I didn't know. And you answered it so thanks. Not sure who you're talking about at RB. If by 150 lbs you mean a pretty big RB at 215-220, and who got a load at 21 carries but for under 4 yds a pop, then yeah, him. I really don't care who is at RB though. Run D isn't our issue. Pass D WAS, and mobile QBs have been.

But hey, I watch football too! Cool! :) And I've worked in college football, and I study it, blah blah. Good for you. We need more like you. But I don't care what you think you "know" about a team that hasn't taken the field, a team that lost a ton and will look different, both in good ways and bad I'm sure. But I do appreciate your opinion on it. I'd love to see your history and maybe some of the guarantees you put on being x-scores better than other teams when you really weren't. ;) Love cautiously optimistic, but this is just crazy... But I guess that's the definition of "fanatic" so it's all good. Blind optimism is still better than ignorant and stubborn pessimism. I see too much of that for our own team.

Anyway, good you know your team, but there's always a team you know little about on the other side of the ball. I'll definitely stop by.

BYUblue
08-14-2017, 12:30 AM

There's a LOT you don't know about that QB situation. And it's not going to be posted publicly by me either. BYU returns the guy who will be their best QB in a decade and if he has a solid year he's off to the NFL.

BYUblue
08-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Careful, this isn't your board....you don't decide how & when our posters respond. I may not agree with his response either, but he's one of ours, & you're not going to tell him to stop responding. Clear?

Carry on

Yes sir. Ignore the trolls. Got it. Same advice on our board. My apology.

BulldogBear
09-17-2017, 12:36 AM

LSU 27, BYU 0

Mississippi State 37, LSU 7

Teach us about BYU football. Yes, breaking your balls. Eat BBQ at Petty's. Better than the Little Dooey. Or get to Two Brothers early and eat the pimento fritters and pulled pork grilled cheese. Wings are good too.

msstate7
09-17-2017, 12:39 AM
LSU 27, BYU 0

Mississippi State 37, LSU 7

Teach us about BYU football. Yes, breaking your balls. Eat BBQ at Petty's. Better than the Little Dooey. Or get to Two Brothers early and eat the pimento fritters and pulled pork grilled cheese. Wings are good too.

Pretty sure he and the byu fanbase have went on a mission trip at this point

CadaverDawg
10-14-2017, 05:19 PM

Y'all remember this thread? Where you at BYUblue....Looks like I knew damn well what I was talking about. I won't charge you for that lesson.

Hail Damn State

Commercecomet24
10-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Y'all remember this thread? Where you at BYUblue....Looks like I knew damn well what I was talking about. I won't charge you for that lesson.

Hail Damn State

+1000 Brother!

CadaverDawg
10-14-2017, 05:26 PM
+1000 Brother!

I love it when a smug SOB gets it shoved up his ass after going to an opponent's board trying to bow up, lol

Commercecomet24
10-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Byublue sure did talk a lot of smack and not come back to take his medicine. Guess we know what kinda fan he is.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2017, 05:32 PM
I love it when a smug SOB gets it shoved up his ass after going to an opponent's board trying to bow up, lol

Sure am glad you brought this thread back. Yeah he talked a lot of smack to not come back on here and get some!

starkvegasdawg
10-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Byublue sure did talk a lot of smack and not come back to take his medicine. Guess we know what kinda fan he is.

The chain came off his bike.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2017, 05:36 PM
The chain came off his bike.

Now thats funny!