PDA

View Full Version : If physical conditioning wins championships then this year's team may be in the hunt.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-12-2017, 05:51 PM
Just looked at some photos of the team at camp and this year's group looks the part. I don't think I've seen a better conditioned State team and I'm been following for 40 years. Not many guts hanging and upper bodies have definitely put in the hours in the weight room. We shouldn't be out-muscled (well, maybe Bama).

This season can't start too soon....the wool is getting heavy.

Reason2succeed
08-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Football is more about efficiency and execution but conditioning is necessary or it all falls apart in the 4th quarter.

BulldogBear
08-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Football is more about efficiency and execution but conditioning is necessary or it all falls apart in the 4th quarter.

Yep, lemme see our tackling. Poor tackling has cost a win or two in the last couple seasons.

MCsMGs
08-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Yep, lemme see our tackling. Poor tackling has cost a win or two in the last couple seasons.

I saw a tweet(I think it was Carskadon) a day or so ago that quoted Grantham after the scrimmage as saying he most liked how his defense tackled in space and on the perimeter.

I'm with you on this...I think the football team tackled on the same level the basketball team set picks last year. I'm hoping for big improvements from both.

TrapGame
08-12-2017, 06:56 PM

That's what pissed me off about some of Jackie's teams. By the fourth quarter they were totally gassed.

Bully13
08-12-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm gonna take the Missouri motto until I see otherwise . I've heard this shit before. our tackling , positioning , and down right thinking on defense was the suck last year. No reason to not have some optimism with the new DC, but I want to see some 17ing effort and want to before I start getting overly wooly.

Reason2succeed
08-12-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm gonna take the Missouri motto until I see otherwise . I've heard this shit before. our tackling , positioning , and down right thinking on defense was the suck last year. No reason to not have some optimism with the new DC, but I want to see some 17ing effort and want to before I start getting overly wooly.

Once you see it is it still called getting wooly?!?

Bully13
08-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Once you see it is it still called getting wooly?!?

no, once I see it, it goes from "feeling wooly" to a full "wool on".

Jack Lambert
08-12-2017, 10:12 PM
They say A Williams put on 10 pounds of muscle.

KentuckyDawg13
08-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Pics of A Williams confirm; dude is stacked this season. Especially his arms.
#wooly

Reason2succeed
08-14-2017, 12:20 PM
no, once I see it, it goes from "feeling wooly" to a full "wool on".

If that's what you do when you think about the physique of college guys that's your business.***

PMDawg
08-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Just looked at some photos of the team at camp and this year's group looks the part. I don't think I've seen a better conditioned State team and I'm been following for 40 years. Not many guts hanging and upper bodies have definitely put in the hours in the weight room. We shouldn't be out-muscled (well, maybe Bama).

This season can't start too soon....the wool is getting heavy.

So we've made it to this part of the off season again....that's good I guess. #BalisMade!

Leeshouldveflanked
08-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Until we can knock BAMA off the ball, we are not winning any championships.