PDA

View Full Version : Mullen's recruiting comments

HereComesTheSpiral
09-18-2013, 07:32 PM
About how there needs to be a mandatory time off across the board. Does that give you the impression that maybe he's just lazy? For the money he makes, he shouldn't really be asking for a vacation.

Coach34
09-18-2013, 07:37 PM
thats just ****ing stupid. Recruiting and now with social media has gotten crazy out of hand. Its ridiculous

smootness
09-18-2013, 08:28 PM
About how there needs to be a mandatory time off across the board. Does that give you the impression that maybe he's just lazy? For the money he makes, he shouldn't really be asking for a vacation.

No. I'm pretty sure every coach would tell you the same thing.

Coach34
09-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Coaches work 65-70 hours per week...nothing lazy about them

msu4ever
09-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Coaches work 65-70 hours per week...nothing lazy about them

That'd be on a slow week I bet.

slickdawg
09-18-2013, 09:30 PM
It's gotten too intense - the coaches and players need a break - total shutdown for a few weeks.

Todd4State
09-18-2013, 09:33 PM
I think Dan is like some State fans. He wants recruiting to be a certain way- and it probably should be the way he wants it- but the reality is it's just not like that.

I actually think a rest period would be a bad thing for us. Lest we forget the quote by Jackie Sherrill- "Ole Miss does their best work during the dead period". Yeah- let's give them an entire rest period and see what happens.

fishwater99
09-19-2013, 09:04 AM
I actually think a rest period would be a bad thing for us. Lest we forget the quote by Jackie Sherrill- "Ole Miss does their best work during the dead period". Yeah- let's give them an entire rest period and see what happens.

Jackie at his best!!!

MadDawg
09-19-2013, 10:02 AM
You'll have to come up with something better than this. The folks ain't buying it.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I hate hearing this kinda stuff from Dan bc we never hear it from that coach at Mississippi

ckDOG
09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
I think Dan is like some State fans. He wants recruiting to be a certain way- and it probably should be the way he wants it- but the reality is it's just not like that.

Agree with this. I agree with Dan in theory but the reality is A) we would comply and get passed by others that do not comply or B) we would get busted for recruiting during this period and face the ire of the NCAA.

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2013, 10:39 AM
I think he's right that it would be better, for the coaches, the current players, and the recruits. The problem is that it wouldn't be enforced and we'd end up screwed for trying to follow the rule again.

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM

I actually think a rest period would be a bad thing for us. Lest we forget the quote by Jackie Sherrill- "Mississippi does their best work during the dead period". Yeah- let's give them an entire rest period and see what happens.

Fixed it for you.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2013, 10:51 AM

Just because someone makes a lot of money they don't a vacation?

Irondawg
09-19-2013, 11:17 AM
An early signing period would help SOOOOO much in this regard. Imagine how much easier life would be on coaches if they had 12 kids signed by Sept. 1. There is simply an incredible amount of time not only recruiting but then coddling your current commits to make sure they feel enough love to stick. I honestly don't see how they do it all. Recruit, Practice, film work, meetings, etc.

They basically do everything NFL coaches do but they also have to worry about recruiting and grades.

archdog
09-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I believe the entire time period after signing day to the start of August should be off limits. The only exception is that schools could hold 3 camps during the summer.

Coaches make tons of money and should suck it up, but the fact that they work 80 hours a week 52 weeks a year (minus vacation time) is terrible. But, if someone wanted to pay me roughly 50 times my salary I would work 80 hours a week year around.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't think Dan could get 12 signed bye then

Coach34
09-19-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't think Dan could get 12 signed bye then

based on what? he hasnt ever made it to Sept 1st without having at least 12 commitments

hacker
09-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Grasping at ****ing straws. I swear our fanbase is the dumbest in the world. Clay Travis is doing his dumbest fanbases countdown; we've got to be #1.

Fred's Love Boat
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I mean quality guys

the59dawg
09-19-2013, 10:58 PM

Guess I missed it. Where can I find his comments?