PDA

View Full Version : What is/was the impetus for Leo vs TCUN?

Apoplectic
08-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Seems like Leo was committed to bama at one time. He took the money to commit to TCUN while visiting Starkville every weekend. What's the story? He hates cheaters? Freeze? Hookers? Watching last year's egg bowl it was personal for him. I've heard his family respected mullen and the way he was honest with them.

Coursesuper
08-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Haven't you heard? Leo is at the center of a grand conspiracy lead by Dan ******* and the NCAA to bring down the true a virtuous university of ole miss.

Mimi's Babies
08-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Haven't you heard? Leo is at the center of a grand conspiracy lead by Dan ******* and the NCAA to bring down the true a virtuous university of ole miss.

vir?tu?ous

adjective
having or showing high moral standards.

synonyms: righteous, good, pure, moral, ethical, upright, upstanding, high-minded, principled, exemplary; law-abiding, irreproachable, blameless, guiltless, unimpeachable, immaculate, honest, honorable, reputable, laudable, decent, respectable, noble, worthy, meritorious; informal, squeaky clean
"they were entirely virtuous in their endeavors"

Jack Lambert
08-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Seems like Leo was committed to bama at one time. He took the money to commit to TCUN while visiting Starkville every weekend. What's the story? He hates cheaters? Freeze? Hookers? Watching last year's egg bowl it was personal for him. I've heard his family respected mullen and the way he was honest with them.

He ****ed Ole Miss twice. He took the money, ran and played for the team he wanted, then ****ed them again when the NCAA came to knocking. He's a genius. Got the money, got to keep it, got to play for the team he wanted and then threw those ass holes up north under bus. He exposed those Son of Bitches for what they are. As far as I am concern he is the greatest Bull dawg ever and I mean ever. I can't wait until the egg bowl when he putting Patterson on his ass with all those ass holes siting in our stadium having to sit and take it when we ring the shit out of those cow bells. I will be looking at them, ringing and laughing my ass off.

SailingDawg
08-12-2017, 11:57 PM
They won't come to Starkville next year. Their cowardice will kick in after the COI meeting.

STILL want to know why nothing is being done about leaking Leo's name!

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 12:15 AM
I'm thinking a small town high school kid played a megabuck OM lawyer and an entrenched ol' boy network like a cello. Would make a helluva movie...

Todd4State
08-13-2017, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking a small town high school kid played a megabuck OM lawyer and an entrenched ol' boy network like a cello. Would make a helluva movie...

They have The Blind Side. Maybe we could have Blindsided.

Todd4State
08-13-2017, 12:30 AM
He ****ed Ole Miss twice. He took the money, ran and played for the team he wanted, then ****ed them again when the NCAA came to knocking. He's a genius. Got the money, got to keep it, got to play for the team he wanted and then threw those ass holes up north under bus. He exposed those Son of Bitches for what they are. As far as I am concern he is the greatest Bull dawg ever and I mean ever. I can't wait until the egg bowl when he putting Patterson on his ass with all those ass holes siting in our stadium having to sit and take it when we ring the shit out of those cow bells. I will be looking at them, ringing and laughing my ass off.

I'll be honest with you- if Ole Miss offered me money I'd do the same thing. Take their money and then go to MSU.

TUSK
08-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Leo Lewis was, in fact, committed to Bammer at one time...

My Dark Lord works in mysterious ways...

Dawgcentral
08-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Makes complete sense to me.

He got a good sense of what kind of people they are. Stood a bit downwind of the grove and his chance of ever suiting up in red and blue was Gone with the Wind.

I imagine he's spent time around grass and hardwood trees before without having to stomach the arrogance. Without getting glad handed by people that usually change sides of the street when he's walking toward them.

Winning the party wasn't on his bucket list.

patinodawg
08-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Was talking to buddy of mine about Leo's con of the juris doctorate the distinguished Booster #14(obviously not distinguished). Pretty sure the text on page 84 of the NOA sealed the deal, when Leo was reminded that "they had a deal and that he "swore on his daughter." Leo said F U, i'll take the money and go where I want and there is not shit you can do about it. 17 year old recruit smarter than 46 year old attorney that went to private school in Jackson.

HSVDawg
08-13-2017, 04:45 PM
The argument OM fans love to spout off is that "How did he go to MSU for free if we were paying him $15k????".

It's so humorous because it's a completely invalid argument. They didn't pay him $15k to go to OM. They just paid him $15k. No strings attached. If the money was for him to attend OM, he would have signed there.

AlmostPositive
08-13-2017, 04:49 PM
The argument OM fans love to spout off is that "How did he go to MSU for free if we were paying him $15k????".

It's so humorous because it's a completely invalid argument. They didn't pay him $15k to go to OM. They just paid him $15k. No strings attached. If the money was for him to attend OM, he would have signed there.

Why would we need to pay Leo if they already had?

If there is ever a movie about this -- and there should be -- the Leo and Booster 14 angle should be central to the screenplay. I have no idea how good a writer Rosebowl is, but it wouldn't take much to make this compelling viewing.

Apoplectic
08-13-2017, 05:15 PM

If there is ever a movie about this -- and there should be -- the Leo and Booster 14 angle should be central to the screenplay. I have no idea how good a writer Rosebowl is, but it wouldn't take much to make this compelling viewing.

or maybe SR spends a lot of pages on it.

Schultzy
08-13-2017, 06:58 PM
He had the appropriate response to the lanyard yank.

Apoplectic
08-13-2017, 07:05 PM
He had the appropriate response to the lanyard yank.

i was thinking someone else

RocketDawg
08-13-2017, 07:08 PM
i was thinking someone else

Lanyard yank?

State82
08-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Lanyard yank?

That was C.J. Johnson

Pollodawg
08-13-2017, 07:22 PM
They recorded his mom saying she "got money" from someone and then threatened to release the tape to the NCAA if he didn't sign with them, which pissed him off but good. My opinion.

Bully13
08-13-2017, 07:38 PM
They recorded his mom saying she "got money" from someone and then threatened to release the tape to the NCAA if he didn't sign with them, which pissed him off but good. My opinion.

I've always wondered about "the tape". Does it exist? Why would they do that?

Pollodawg
08-13-2017, 08:03 PM
I've always wondered about "the tape". Does it exist? Why would they do that?

The only reason it could possibly exist is blackmail.

HSVDawg
08-13-2017, 10:25 PM

The point was whether or not we paid Leo has nothing to do with their payment of Leo. Any money any booster for any school gives to a player before he signs is a gift. Plain and simple. A gift is by very definition a good or service provided with no expectation of a reciprocated gesture from the receiving party.

Schultzy
08-14-2017, 06:28 AM
Rounsaville contacted Rosebowl several months ago and said "we have a tape but don't want to have to use it" in an attempt to get him to stop reporting on their NCAA troubles.

Robertson called his bluff and told him he should go to the NCAA with it because if he had a tape on OM he certainly would.

LilSebastian
08-14-2017, 12:13 PM
On his recruiting podcast, Bud Elliott mentioned off hand once that a coach said they stopped recruiting Leo because he was parading around asking for relatively large sums of money, and they therefore came to assume Leo was probably an NCAA plant. I don't take too much from that in regards to how we may have gotten him, simply that something was fishy about his recruitment -- maybe he was out to get Ole Miss the whole time, maybe he was out to get Bama too but they were wise to it, maybe we paid him, or maybe he just took the free money and ran. Not knowing how they make the sausage is great.

AlmostPositive
08-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Given the track records of Ole Miss administration and media lackeys, I would say that there is only the tiniest fraction of a possibility that the tape ever existed. It was being talked up by the same people who said Leo lied (he didn't) that he would recant (he won't) that the Rebel Rags was a game changer (it isn't) and on and on.

Ole MIss has waged a top down disinformation campaign that is going to cost them dearly.

ILOATHEBears
08-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Give the track records of Ole Miss administration and media lackeys, I would say that there is only the tiniest fraction of a possibility that the tape ever existed. It was being talked up by the same people who said Leo lied (he didn't) that he would recant (he won't) that the Rebel Rags was a game changer (it isn't) and on and on.

Ole MIss has waged a top down disinformation campaign that is going to cost them dearly.

What's up with McReady saying Leo was denied attending the meeting via video? Furthermore, they sure have loose lips in oxford regarding SA 39