PDA

View Full Version : Question - Are option routes used much in Dan's offense?

DancingRabbit
08-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Seems like a great weapon, but only if the QB and receivers are experienced and really in synch.

Lot of expertise on here. Thought I would try to kickstart some football 101 talk.

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Bump and Tubby did a lot. I'm sure the concept is still around. Tubby vs Rice was deadly.

JoseBrown
08-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Bump and Tubby did a lot. I'm sure the concept is still around. Tubby vs Rice was deadly.

Wasn't it though? That was such a beautiful game for Tubby. He did anything and everything he wanted to against them.

Spiderman
08-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Seems like a great weapon, but only if the QB and receivers are experienced and really in synch.

Lot of expertise on here. Thought I would try to kickstart some football 101 talk.

It's the whole passing game. At one time State had basically 5 pass plays, named after cities, and that's it. But depending on the coverage, the routes were all option routes.

GTHOM
08-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Option routes happen on every play you just dont know it. Key is getting the QB and WR to see the same thing pre snap and during. Gonna be a big step for Fitz to make to really get it all down mentally, if he has he is going to be unstoppable

Coach34
08-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Run-pass options are the new craze. Listen to a 13 and 34 podcast and you will be more up to date on football