PDA

View Full Version : HS Football Jamboree (Pascagoula vs East Central JV/Varsity) Brad Cumbest Update

Bama_Dawg
08-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Pascagoula and East Central played a 2 quarter (2 for JV, 2 for Varsity) scrimmage tonight, and I wanted to give you guys an update on how one of our commits did.

Brad Cumbest, current MSU commit played at TE and at WR throughout the night. You could see a difference from last year, he's a bit bigger and more comfortable on the inside. Last year, when Brad was involved in the offense it was a heave and hope he caught it. Most times he did. While there were a couple plays like that tonight (and he caught both of them), it seems the offense was a bit more structured in the passing game.

He ran more routes, caught a few out routes, and even trucked a guy. I don't have the stats, but he had to close in on at least 5-6 catches for around 70 yards and a TD. The TD was the most impressive, IMO, as he showed amazing body control twisting and falling away to catch the TD between two defenders. He just goes and gets the ball, doesn't let it come to him.

He's tall, and with some attention in the weight room could be a very reliable TE for State in the future.

Reason2succeed
08-12-2017, 12:22 AM
That's good to hear. It's always better to find a guy that has a knack for catching rather than trying to teach someone how to catch.

Todd4State
08-12-2017, 12:34 AM
I really like Cumbest. He could be a complete TE- a guy that can catch, block, and can line up in the slot for us.

Coursesuper
08-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Pascagoula and East Central played a 2 quarter (2 for JV, 2 for Varsity) scrimmage tonight, and I wanted to give you guys an update on how one of our commits did.

Brad Cumbest, current MSU commit played at TE and at WR throughout the night. You could see a difference from last year, he's a bit bigger and more comfortable on the inside. Last year, when Brad was involved in the offense it was a heave and hope he caught it. Most times he did. While there were a couple plays like that tonight (and he caught both of them), it seems the offense was a bit more structured in the passing game.

He ran more routes, caught a few out routes, and even trucked a guy. I don't have the stats, but he had to close in on at least 5-6 catches for around 70 yards and a TD. The TD was the most impressive, IMO, as he showed amazing body control twisting and falling away to catch the TD between two defenders. He just goes and gets the ball, doesn't let it come to him.

He's tall, and with some attention in the weight room could be a very reliable TE for State in the future.

How did Tony Brown look?

Bama_Dawg
08-12-2017, 02:47 PM
How did Tony Brown look?

Brown looked good when he was in space. Last year he made his yardage busting up the middle, but not last night. Seems like EC is opening up their offense a little and they ran the spread and got him on the edge a few times. He looked really good in that. He also caught a few out of the backfield. So, all in all, he looked like he should. He's D1 caliber for sure, and probably even SEC. If he's got a good crease he's gone.

Bully13
08-12-2017, 03:40 PM
The video shows Cumbest as a good blocker. His height and jumping ability makes the opposing defenses look silly. From the video, all he has to do is take off and the QB just lobs the ball in the air and Cumbest just jumps up in the middle of the a triple team and comes down with the ball. looks to have good hands. Wondering why not more offers on the table.