PDA

View Full Version : Select your OM-NCAA metaphor!

AlmostPositive
08-10-2017, 10:04 AM
We're well past: comedy of errors, clown car, train wreck, hot mess, clusterfark, dumpster fire, and dead man walking

We've heard and seen: Chernobyl, Titanic, Hindenburg, and the Edmund Fitzgerald.

In cinema terms, we're in Exorcist II and Howard the Duck territory.

Historically: Waterloo, the Visigoth invasion of Rome and Little Bighorn

Geologically: Pompeii and Krakatoa. Or a little further back, the K/T cataclysm that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

It's unfortunate that Ole Miss's Judgment Day is scheduled for September 11... we should resist any urge to commingle a real national tragedy with the colossal roll-out of museum grade ineptitude from Lafayette County.

QuadrupleOption
08-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Hmm....maybe we have to start combining terms now?

It's reached "Nuclear Hot DumpsterFark Clown Wreck" status.

Pinto
08-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Military: FUBAR

TrapGame
08-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Cinema wise we may be in Gigli and Ishtar territory.

starkvegasdawg
08-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Need to photoshop Bjork's head on Nero fiddling at VHS burns down.

BulldogDX55
08-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Cinema wise, we are in The Room (2003) territory- technically one of the worst things ever, but beautiful in it's own way and has a movie coming out about the making of the movie (Flim Flam, future 30 for 30). Also, I can't stop watching.

Historically, I think we are in Napoleon invading Russia in the winter here. Waterloo will be the COI, but the way they've fought this thing is too long of a series of events to be categorized as one battle.

AlmostPositive
08-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I think Exemplary Cooperation will have legs for decades. Dance, deny, delay...fib fudge finagle... That's all Exemplary!

shoeless joe
08-10-2017, 12:21 PM
All you can eat taco nite at casa Bonita