PDA

View Full Version : OM admins have known this was coming for a long time.....

Westdawg
08-10-2017, 08:58 AM
...seriously, think about it.

- well over a year ago, OM made Bjork the "vice chancellor for intercollegiate athletics" along with his duties as the Athletic Director. EVERYONE on here and around the conference was like "what the what is that ?". Basically, it gave Bjork a title and position that was outside the athletic department and placed him on the academic side of things. And that move made no sense whatsoever....until now. Why would he need or even want that extra title and responsibilities, unless they knew they would need a place for him to go when this became evident that three - count 'em, THREE - athletic programs are or are about to be in major sanctions, THREE head coaches are fired, and all the loss of revenue makes it to where they can't keep him as AD ( I personally think he may be the first AD to ever be suspended and possibly show-caused for the way this has all gone down). OM needs to keep him quiet, so they found a way to circumvent the NCAA's reach.

- except for an elitedawgs "conspiracy", no one ever mentioned being kicked out of the SEC or death penalty.....that is, until Bjork made that statement after the NOA dropped public. And he made sure to emphasize that they valued being in the SEC...yada yada yada. And ears over here perked up because there was supposedly no reason for him to say that....until now that all this dirty laundry is completely my to light and possibly more on the way if phone records show some things.

Just some thoughts for you guys to ponder today....

I_Spy
08-10-2017, 09:14 AM
If Bjork said they valued being in the SEC take it as a fictitious statement much like everything else he has said.

They value pride and money. Hugh freeze beyond reproach. Yesterday, Ole Miss 'we won't get the death penalty', because they are Ole Miss and what that means only they understand, I guess.

Political Hack
08-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Him getting a "promotion" during the middle of this says everything you need to know about that university.

msstatelp1
08-10-2017, 10:03 AM
If Bjork said they valued being in the SEC take it as a fictitious statement much like everything else he has said.

They value pride and money. Hugh freeze beyond reproach. Yesterday, Ole Miss 'we won't get the death penalty', because they are Ole Miss and what that means only they understand, I guess.

I think the statement was more along the lines of continuing to prove they are a valued member of the SEC rather than they value being a member. Basically trying to convince other schools not to consider revoking their membership.

I_Spy
08-10-2017, 10:22 AM
If they were valued by the SEC, then why are there butt dial jokes and other innuendo out there, from the sec?

1bigdawg
08-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I think the statement was more along the lines of continuing to prove they are a valued member of the SEC rather than they value being a member. Basically trying to convince other schools not to consider revoking their membership.

Actually, I am pretty sure that they said that they wanted to continue to "be" a valued member of the SEC.

Reason2succeed
08-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Count me in as an elite dawg conspiracy theorist complete with an aluminum foil hat with a chin strap.

The NCAA will at least consider pulling the trigger on a DP. Whether they do it or not is another issue.

When all the sanctions come down there will be some other ADs thinking about booting OM. Remember 3 programs on probation including the cash cow that cannot produce milk because it has mad cow. OM will provide no benefit to the conference at all and the conference could win PR points by booting them and earn money by replacing them. It probably won't happen but there will be some people thinking about it.

OM gave HF an extension and Bjork a raise right in the middle of this. That's basically an administrative FU to the NCAA.

Pollodawg
08-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Count me in as an elite dawg conspiracy theorist complete with an aluminum foil hat with a chin strap.

The NCAA will at least consider pulling the trigger on a DP. Whether they do it or not is another issue.

When all the sanctions come down there will be some other ADs thinking about booting OM. Remember 3 programs on probation including the cash cow that cannot produce milk because it has mad cow. OM will provide no benefit to the conference at all and the conference could win PR points by booting them and earn money by replacing them. It probably won't happen but there will be some people thinking about it.

OM gave HF an extension and Bjork a raise right in the middle of this. That's basically an administrative FU to the NCAA.
Ole Miss already brings nothing to the conference. LMAO. They don't go to Omaha. They don't get to Final Fours. They don't even consistently make it to bowl games. They provide nothing academically.

I_Spy
08-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Southern portion of Mississippi is USM or LSU
So I mean ...how fun would it be to realistically think about

NWADAWG
08-10-2017, 01:08 PM
earn money by replacing them.

Hasn't Oklahoma made it pretty clear they want in the SEC? I would think that would be a financial upgrade.