PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, how long do you guys think Bjork will last?

Saltydog
08-10-2017, 08:46 AM
I know they were going all in on Freeze until Mars and RB exposed him. I'm guessing they don't want to fire him because he knows too much but at some point it seems you have to cut ties with him. What a freaking train wreck but it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. What about Vitter? Does he survive?

FISHDAWG
08-10-2017, 08:47 AM
until Sept 12th of this year

lefty96
08-10-2017, 08:50 AM
I think they hold on to him unless some crap comes out about him. He's their consolation prize.

Tbonewannabe
08-10-2017, 08:51 AM
I know they were going all in on Freeze until Mars and RB exposed him. I'm guessing they don't want to fire him because he knows too much but at some point it seems you have to cut ties with him. What a freaking train wreck but it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. What about Vitter? Does he survive?

Vitter seems to be purely a yes man so he is probably their last ditch effort to avoid the death penalty. They can say they cleaned house when really they just get rid of their puppets and keep on doing business as usual. Probably just teaches them a few things on how to avoid getting caught.

AlmostPositive
08-10-2017, 08:51 AM
In a sane institution, about an hour and a half. At Ole Miss, he could soldier on for years.

TrapGame
08-10-2017, 08:59 AM
That LOIC is on Bdork. The buck stops with him. He should be aware of everything his coaches are doing. And it's pretty obvious he was aware that Freeze was cheating his ass off. He was complicit to the core. He's done. If he lasts longer than the month of September I'd be shocked.

raymond21
08-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Vitter and Bjork gone by end of the year

Cooterpoot
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Both will resign as soon as the hammer drops. They're still stupidly holding out hope the NCAA doesn't hit them with LOIC. They believe they can get out of it. They cannot!

Bully75
08-10-2017, 09:05 AM
until Sept 12th of this year

Agreed!

Political Hack
08-10-2017, 09:25 AM
I still don't understand how they're currently employed. I think they're likely just waiting for the dust to settle, clean house, and then try to rebrand the program and administration.

Johnson85
08-10-2017, 09:58 AM
I still don't understand how they're currently employed. I think they're likely just waiting for the dust to settle, clean house, and then try to rebrand the program and administration.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but surely people at Ole Miss realized a long time ago taht neither Bjork nor Freeze would survive, but they had already gone all in on their defense and there wasn't anything to gain by dumping them, so they are just waiting to clean house and start new after the punishment is handed down. Still think that's stupid because Bjork is hopelessly compromised and they need somebody else managing this process, but it makes more sense than them trying to save Bjork long term, much less thinking they could save him long term.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Vitter and Bjork are just pawns.... Keenum, Mullen and Cohen would have been gone a year ago if we were in same situation .

Tbonewannabe
08-10-2017, 10:19 AM

I think it is going to be UM's way of trying to avoid any huge penalties like the death penalty. They have already sacrificed Hugh but they will throw Bjork and Vitter on the chopping block trying to lessen penalties. The problem is the NCAA should know that all that corruption is coming from Bjork and Vitter. I hope the NCAA pulls a #6 on them. UM doesn't have a sheriff from Rock Ridge to save them although their campus is full of Johnsons.

smootness
08-10-2017, 10:28 AM
I think it is going to be UM's way of trying to avoid any huge penalties like the death penalty. They have already sacrificed Hugh but they will throw Bjork and Vitter on the chopping block trying to lessen penalties. The problem is the NCAA should know that all that corruption is coming from Bjork and Vitter. I hope the NCAA pulls a #6 on them. UM doesn't have a sheriff from Rock Ridge to save them although their campus is full of Johnsons.

You can't do that now. They already went all-in on Freeze and promoted Bjork to vice chancellor...in the middle of an NCAA investigation in which they were found to be blatantly cheating and lying during the investigation. The NCAA knows they knew all this and still went all-in on these guys. Incredibly stupid move to back Freeze, even dumber move to back and promote Bjork. It proves that even beyond Bjork, their administration could not care less about any of this.

They are screwed now regardless of what they decide to do with Bjork going forward. Their fate has been sealed.

Tbonewannabe
08-10-2017, 10:31 AM
You can't do that now. They already went all-in on Freeze and promoted Bjork to vice chancellor...in the middle of an NCAA investigation in which they were found to be blatantly cheating and lying during the investigation. The NCAA knows they knew all this and still went all-in on these guys. Incredibly stupid move to back Freeze, even dumber move to back and promote Bjork. It proves that even beyond Bjork, their administration could not care less about any of this.

They are screwed now regardless of what they decide to do with Bjork going forward. Their fate has been sealed.

I agree, I just think UM is disillusioned enough to think that firing Bjork and Vitter at the end might be their get out of Jail free card. This whole process has been very enjoyable especially since UM has made horrible choices at every turn.

Martianlander
08-10-2017, 10:38 AM
I thought Bjork would be the first one to go with three sports in trouble but they have gone all in with him. He'll be fired when tsun is made to fire him, probably when the NCAA punishments come out. Vitter close behind.

AlmostPositive
08-10-2017, 11:42 AM
If there isn't an NCAA mechanism for show-causing an AD, there will be after this

Percho
08-10-2017, 12:04 PM
I would like to see someone request his phone records!

Dawg61
08-10-2017, 01:38 PM
I still don't understand how they're currently employed.

Because OM plans to start cheating their asses off again ASAP and Bjork/Vitter already know how everything works.

Homedawg
08-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Vitter and Bjork are just pawns.... Keenum, Mullen and Cohen would have been gone a year ago if we were in same situation .
disagree, mullen would have been gone instantly. Cohen would have canned him in a minute, thus saving his job. If not keenum would have fired him quickly as well. Keenum would have stopped the buck right there.

basedog
08-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Because OM plans to start cheating their asses off again ASAP and Bjork/Vitter already know how everything works.

Maybe in the year 2025, they will have to start a new and improved Network, interviews will be slow.

Spiderman
08-10-2017, 02:29 PM

He's been there 6-7 longer now than I thought he would be

TUSK
08-10-2017, 02:43 PM
He may not make it through the Finebaum interview today....

PF has punted on Freeze... let's see if he asks the right questions or just lobs softballs....

Dawg61
08-10-2017, 03:34 PM
disagree, mullen would have been gone instantly. Cohen would have canned him in a minute, thus saving his job. If not keenum would have fired him quickly as well. Keenum would have stopped the buck right there.

If we had beaten Bama twice in a row, had the #3 recruiting class in 2013, had three first round draft picks in 2016, climbed to #3 in the AP poll and been a cun+ hair from winning the SEC West Mullen woulda kept his job till we got blasted 55-20. So last December we woulda fired Mullen not instantly imo.

TrapGame
08-10-2017, 03:39 PM
If we had beaten Bama twice in a row, had the #3 recruiting class in 2013, had three first round draft picks in 2016, climbed to #3 in the AP poll and been a cun+ hair from winning the SEC West Mullen woulda kept his job till we got blasted 55-20. So last December we woulda fired Mullen not instantly imo.

Is this without Bracky?

Dawgcentral
08-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Seems like Warner Alford hung around till after Tubberville was hired when Brewer was canned, but I can't recall for sure.

yjnkdawg
08-10-2017, 05:54 PM
I think he will be gone sometime right after the sanctions are issued. Vitter may be gone as well? If anybody thinks Vitter and Bjork are calling the shots for the OM Athletic Department, especially the football program, then they need some mental health consultation "heppin".

JoseBrown
08-10-2017, 06:16 PM
I think as soon as punishment comes with LOIC he will be done.

Dawg61
08-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Is this without Bracky?

We woulda fired Bracky long before firing Mullen. Especially if he beat Bama twice in a row while they have been this dominant. Thing is even if we fired Mullen after getting skulldrug 55-20 the national media would drag us through filth for firing him after historically being a bottom feeding SEC program (this is all a hypothetical discussion is roles were reversed if anyone is confused). Shit didn't get super bad for Freeze till this year really. Ole Miss was doing a pretty decent job of covering everything up till Mars & Nutt got involved.

PassInterference
08-10-2017, 06:30 PM

I agree that probably what they are doing.

But what they SHOULD do is clean house now and beg the NCAA for mercy.

barfly
08-10-2017, 08:52 PM

I'll be shocked if either one survives. Bjork has ZERO credibility and Vitter comes across as an impotent buffoon

anubus
08-10-2017, 09:27 PM
He's gone along with Vitter by October.Wonder who the internship will be...Kayatt?