PDA

View Full Version : Original TSUN Response to NCAA Allegations

maroonthruandthru
08-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Can anyone share with us the video of the original news conference where the powers that be at TSUN said the NCAA allegations was nothing to worry about. It dealt with women's basketball, men's track and what football allegations on there dealt with the past coaching staff and not the Hugh Freeze staff? Or even a video reporting what their response to the NCAA was at that time. I have TSUN friends that don't seem to recall this at all.

Mobile Bay
08-10-2017, 07:16 AM
I think this is it The infamous hostage video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWyz3cwSPE

dickiedawg
08-10-2017, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure the "official" stance from the University was ever "nbd, only wbb and track" but it's clear now they were feeding that misinformation to reporters and friendly media.
I do remember though when Bjork made a statement he made the carefully worded statement that "a majority of the violations involve women's basketball and track and field". I knew he wasn't standing up there and straight up lying but I really didn't believe what he was trying to spin.
As it turned out, this was technically true. It was also true to say "football represents a plurality of the alleged violations" but of course that's not what they said.

maroonthruandthru
08-10-2017, 08:03 AM
I think this is it The infamous hostage video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWyz3cwSPE

There was one earlier than this where they said it wasn't a big issue. It was dealt with women's basketball, men's track and the previous football coaching staff.

In this clip, they are at least owning up to some of the allegations.

I was at Coach Vic Schaefer's coach clinic when it was reported there were issues with the TSUN women's basketball staff. It was the day the coach was fired. It was kind of strange the way it happened. Coach Schaefer and his staff was showing the coaches drills using MSU women basketball players. As Coach Schaefer was talking one of the assistant coaches (I think it was Coach Johnnie Harris) received a phone call. In a minute or so she interrupted him and gave him the phone. After he talked with the person on the other end of the phone he shared with us that there were some issues at the school up the road or some term like that. Then he said something that really stood out to me and told me the type coach he was and more important the type man he was, he promised as long as he was at MSU we would never hear anything like this about him and his staff. He said that wasn’t the way he did things. Since then it has been a fun ride to watch what Coach Schaefer and his staff has done at Hail State and to know they are doing it the right way is even more rewarding. “Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs!”

maroonthruandthru
08-10-2017, 08:06 AM
It might have been a news report or something. I can recall seeing a picture of AD Ross Bjork and Coach Freeze at an TSUN basketball game and the response being shared. I told my wife when the report was being made that they were flat out lying.

Mimi's Babies
08-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Love this.... Page 1 paragraph 3....

The football investigation was lengthy and processing this portion of the case was delayed multiple
times as the enforcement staff and institution periodically received new information of additional
allegations. and there is still/was stuff being reported.... After January 31, 2016.

Mimi's Babies
08-10-2017, 08:44 AM
It might have been a news report or something. I can recall seeing a picture of AD Ross Bjork and Coach Freeze at an TSUN basketball game and the response being shared. I told my wife when the report was being made that they were flat out lying.

The picture is from CLiar -- 4/24/2017

MSUDawg99
08-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Can anyone share with us the video of the original news conference where the powers that be at TSUN said the NCAA allegations was nothing to worry about. It dealt with women's basketball, men's track and what football allegations on there dealt with the past coaching staff and not the Hugh Freeze staff? Or even a video reporting what their response to the NCAA was at that time. I have TSUN friends that don't seem to recall this at all.

I don't know that I recall an orig video either. I thought it just leaked out on Twitter & thru the media? Maybe it was a local news station that did a story, but I don't recall a video. The hostage video was the more recent vid, not related to the orig video you're referencing.

DancingRabbit
08-10-2017, 09:50 AM
There wasn't a video from OM back in January 2016. Just a lot of misinformation fed to reporters and a couple of vague dismissive statements by Bjork.

An SBnation article from Jan. 29, 2016
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/29/10872314/ole-miss-investigation-charges-ncaa-football

Bjork on 1/29/16:

"As has been the case for the past three years, we are bound by confidentiality and cannot comment publicly on the matter," Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork said in a statement. "However, I can say that I'm confident in how our coaches and staff operate our program, and we take compliance, NCAA and SEC rules very seriously. We are working hard to seek a resolution to this matter."

Bjork on 1/30/16:

Statement from Ole Miss Athletics Director Ross Bjork

Outside counsel for the University of Mississippi received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA ? another step in a more than three-year process. Included in the notice are alleged violations of NCAA bylaws in women?s basketball in 2012; track and field in 2012-13; and in football, with many of the allegations dating back to the former football staff in 2010 and the withholding and reinstatement process around Laremy Tunsil in fall of 2015.

To be clear, the NCAA has only brought allegations, and as part of the NCAA process, the University and others have 90 days to issue a response. We?ve been transparent throughout this process, and it is important to note that most of the football allegations are based upon facts that have been publicly disclosed previously in ?self-reports? and reinstatement requests or have been reported publicly in connection with another NCAA case.

Out of fairness to the individuals involved and the integrity of the NCAA process, we will not provide further details or comment until everyone has had an opportunity to review the allegations and respond. Once they do so, we will release the official notice and the university?s response. In all three sports, I am confident in the leadership of our current head coaches and the manner in which they operate their programs.