PDA

View Full Version : Rebs Sentencing

hailstatetakeover
08-09-2017, 05:30 PM
So, we know they go before the COI now on 9/11, but when will the public know their fate... Is there something in place for how long it will take to hand down the penalties? I know in the UL case they COI gave suggested penalties and UL appealed.

preachermatt83
08-09-2017, 06:01 PM
The sds article said by mid to late sept but I would think more along the lines of end of October or first of November.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I've always heard it takes about 2 months after the hearing to get the punishment.

starkvegasdawg
08-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Don't see it before Halloween but during the season. They'll be dead men walking for the EB.

Mimi's Babies
08-09-2017, 06:43 PM
The sds article said by mid to late sept but I would think more along the lines of end of October or first of November.

Put out a poll.... I say the NCAA will Drop the EGG on OM Friday before the Egg Bowl.....

AlmostPositive
08-09-2017, 07:11 PM
I've seen 8-12 weeks after the committee meets before public disclosure of the penalties from knowledgeable folks...so probably just before the Egg Bowl. It won't be pretty at all.

Bodaski
08-09-2017, 07:15 PM
I've seen 8-12 weeks after the committee meets before public disclosure of the penalties from knowledgeable folks...so probably just before the Egg Bowl. It won't be pretty at all.

Once OM meets with the COI and penalties are levied on a member institution there is no appeal process, correct.

AlmostPositive
08-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Once OM meets with the COI and penalties are levied on a member institution there is no appeal process, correct.

I think that is when the invincible Ole Miss legal team take over sue the NCAA and humiliate them, winning admiration from all and earning extra scholarships for exemplary whatever the hell.

StatesboroBlues
08-09-2017, 07:26 PM

There is an available appeal process...don't know the specifics though.