PDA

View Full Version : JPS Questions: Casey Elementary, Chastain Middle, Murrah High.....

Hasu Dackds
08-09-2017, 11:23 AM
These schools cover really the only desirable area of Jackson, and the Casey Elementary scores/ratings are very high. Anybody know much about this area/school? I know that the area between County Line and Old Canton is going downhill, but Fondren/Belhaven/Eastover seems to have stayed strong. Do these people send their kids to Casey, or is it mostly JA and Prep?

War Machine Dawg
08-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Don't live in Jackson, but have several very good friends who grew up there. One had a parent who was a JPS teacher. None of them have anything good to say about JPS as a whole.

Martianlander
08-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Lived there for years-don't now, but if you are moving there look in outlying areas. Madison, Ridgeland, Pearl, Brandon, Clinton. You'll probably have to research schools there but I would definitely try to stay away from Jackson. Tax base is high in Jackson also.

War Machine Dawg
08-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Lived there for years-don't now, but if you are moving there look in outlying areas. Madison, Ridgeland, Pearl, Brandon, Clinton. You'll probably have to research schools there but I would definitely try to stay away from Jackson. Tax base is high in Jackson also.

^^^THIS. If it's at all an option, stay out of Jackson itself.

Hasu Dackds
08-09-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm familiar with all those areas, as well as the demographics. I was just wondering in general why that school's scores were so high - certainly an anomaly for JPS.