PDA

View Full Version : Ben Garrett say....

CadaverDawg
08-08-2017, 05:31 PM
DK Metcalf could end up the best WR in Ole Miss history. More talented than Laquon as an all around WR.

DD Bowie a "standout" so far at CB. Will be hard to keep off the field at CB.

And several other comments

Commercecomet24
08-08-2017, 05:42 PM
DK Metcalf could end up the best WR in Ole Miss history. More talented than Laquon as an all around WR.

They better hope him and shay shay can put up 50 points a game with that crap defense they're gonna run out there lol

starkvegasdawg
08-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Too bad half their team will be wearing a different uniform this time next year.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Ply the sheep with bourbon. Gotta get 'em in the Grove.

Jacksondevildog
08-08-2017, 05:59 PM
If DD is starting for them at corner as a freshman....

Spiderman
08-08-2017, 06:06 PM
They better hope him and shay shay can put up 50 points a game with that crap defense they're gonna run out there lol

Metcalf is good and he will stay no matter what. Brown is damn good too. This year us not getting Brown is a minus. I don't like his ass but to deny he was the plan for us, and hurts us by not being here this year, is sheep like Ole Miss type delusion.

Mimi's Babies
08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Metcalf is good and he will stay no matter what. Brown is damn good too. This year us not getting Brown is a minus. I don't like his ass but to deny he was the plan for us, and hurts us by not being here this year, is sheep like Ole Miss type delusion.

It is in the best interest of MSU and the team that Brown and Metcalf go some where else. If one of them is allowed to play I will be writing letters, period...

BigEasyDawg
08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Moncrief is the greatest WR from TCUN in iMO and not treadwell

Reason2succeed
08-08-2017, 06:14 PM

I don't hear anyone saying that. We all know why AJ isn't a dawg...$$$ + XXX. We shouldn't blame that on Mullen now that we know all the things OM was throwing at guys to do a Flipmas.

Mobile Bay
08-08-2017, 06:23 PM
It is in the best interest of MSU and the team that Brown and Metcalf go someone where else. If one of them is allowed to play I will be writing letters, period...

May I ask why?

Mimi's Babies
08-08-2017, 06:24 PM
May I ask why?

Illegal Benefits received.....

Commercecomet24
08-08-2017, 06:36 PM

Didn't say anything about them not being good, what I said was there defense sucks and they better hope they put up points because they ain't stopping anyone. That was the point, nothing about being deluded about us not having them.

codeDawg
08-08-2017, 06:37 PM
I don't think anyone will argue that Ole Miss has some really talented players. They are also garbage as a whole team and have amateur leadership. They went 5-7 last year with the coach they wanted to have.

civildawg
08-08-2017, 06:38 PM
I still think they will have a decent team this year. They have a ton of talent on offense. If they improve on defense any then they will be pretty tough.

raymond21
08-08-2017, 07:05 PM
They will score points and will score lots of points. They will also give up lots of points.

Saltydog
08-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Those WR's are good and their running game should be improved. Patterson and Little are good linemen.

RougeDawg
08-08-2017, 07:14 PM
They are like every team OM has fielded the last 2 decades. Top heavy talent with very little depth. They are just lacking those 5* guys to win more than 6 games. their top end talent may carry them to 5 wins but not likely.

EAVdog
08-08-2017, 07:27 PM
They're gonna suck. You don't lose essentially all your coaching staff, then your HC, be under investigation, with a COI looming overhead and function at a high level. People keep saying their Offense is gonna be good, so everyone is buying Phil Longo now as a SEC OC?

GreenheadDawg
08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
They are like every team OM has fielded the last 2 decades. Top heavy talent with very little depth. They are just lacking those 5* guys to win more than 6 games. their top end talent may carry them to 5 wins but not likely.

Spot on.

TrapGame
08-08-2017, 08:05 PM
They're gonna suck. You don't lose essentially all your coaching staff, then your HC, be under investigation, with a COI looming overhead and function at a high level. People keep saying their Offense is gonna be good, so everyone is buying Phil Longo now as a SEC OC?

https://lucyonthegroundwithrocks.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/accurategif.gif?w=616

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-08-2017, 08:08 PM

Add McGriff as a first year DC with a horrible roster and it's a disaster.

Commercecomet24
08-08-2017, 08:10 PM

You are correct, sir!

Ari Gold
08-08-2017, 08:25 PM
DD is a good athlete for sure , but if he is starting at CB they are going to be worse than I even thought.

Lance Harbor
08-08-2017, 08:28 PM
It is in the best interest of MSU and the team that Brown and Metcalf go someone where else. If one of them is allowed to play I will be writing letters, period...

Letters!?! You brute!

MarketingBully
08-08-2017, 08:29 PM
They have a guy as a DC that has never been a DC on any level before. It's almost like they didn't learn from our Sirmon experiment. To say their defense will improve is idiotic. Add to that Luke has never been a head coach before and they will be lucky to reach the 5-7 mark they reached last year. Didn't Freeze call all the offensive plays? Do they have anyone on their coaching staff that has called plays for them before?

Turfdawg67
08-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Letters!?! You brute!

Little does Mimi know that the investigation is over and Metcalf & Brown will be starting for OM.

notsofarawaydawg
08-09-2017, 08:10 AM

Matt was interviewing Parrish "Ole Miss" Alford on his show yesterday afternoon and help PA toot his horn about how great the receiving corp was and how OM is going to surprise everyone. If they can't run the ball, they will suck big time and the way it looks they won't be doing that with Shay Shay in the backfield trying to emulate Johnny M.

Howboutdemdogs
08-09-2017, 08:16 AM
It has been proven with Paidwell in the NFL,,,,there is talent,,,, but they did not know how to develop it,,,,,that was with the coaching staff they had.

And their faithful think this inexperience staff will be the second coming,,,,,yeah right. Raw talent don't mean nothing if you don't know how to use it.

thf24
08-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Those WR's are good and their running game should be improved. Patterson and Little are good linemen.

John L. Smith had a good QB, WR's and OL at Arkansas too.

Mimi's Babies
08-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Little does Mimi know that the investigation is over and Metcalf & Brown will be starting for OM.

Doesn't matter the sanctions are coming.... I would not be so sure that the NCAA doesn't make another trip inside OM after the 1st set of football sanctions drop... in November.....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Doesn't matter the sanctions are coming.... I would not be so sure that the NCAA doesn't make another trip inside OM after the 1st set of football sanctions drop... in November.....

I had a dumbass try to tell me that the NCAA was not "allowed" back in Oxford. And he was serious. wth? "Allowed" back?? They actually think they are running the show up there.

TrapGame
08-09-2017, 09:07 AM
John L. Smith had a good QB, WR's and OL at Arkansas too.

And Sumlin has a solid QB, great OL and a couple of freaks as WRs every year...and greatly underachieves.

spbdawg
08-09-2017, 09:32 AM
#

JDog13
08-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Ben also said no second NOA, Steve is wrong.

Turfdawg67
08-09-2017, 09:45 AM

As usual, that doesn't make any sense. You stated that if Metcalf and Brown were to play this year that you'd be writing the NCAA letters. Well you best start writing because neither are mentioned in the NOA and thus will be playing this Fall. Hearsay about players getting paid by small banks in MS is just that... hearsay, unless it can be proven. It wasn't proven and is not in the NOA. The investigation is over and OM is about to get hammered into oblivion.

dawgman15
08-09-2017, 09:53 AM
It's sad really, there are more posts on here about TSUN team than our own. Can we just focus on our own team and let what is gonna happen, happen.

RocketDawg
08-09-2017, 09:57 AM
As usual, that doesn't make any sense. You stated that if Metcalf and Brown were to play this year that you'd be writing the NCAA letters. Well you best start writing because neither are mentioned in the NOA and thus will be playing this Fall. Hearsay about players getting paid by small banks in MS is just that... hearsay, unless it can be proven. It wasn't proven and is not in the NOA. The investigation is over and OM is about to get hammered into oblivion.

Pretty sure Mimi meant by the statement "if Metcalfe and Brown were to play this year" at MSU, not Ole Miss. Them transferring to MSU is hypothetical based on them getting a further bowl ban and/or the death penalty.

Homedawg
08-09-2017, 10:06 AM
It is in the best interest of MSU and the team that Brown and Metcalf go some where else. If one of them is allowed to play I will be writing letters, period...

Better get your pen out.....

Homedawg
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Pretty sure Mimi meant by the statement "if Metcalfe and Brown were to play this year" at MSU, not Ole Miss. Them transferring to MSU is hypothetical based on them getting a further bowl ban and/or the death penalty.

That's not what she meant.

Jarius
08-09-2017, 10:34 AM

I don't know what they are basing their offense being good on. They looked like shit on offense against A&M, Vandy, and State when the chosen one had to play. Two of those 3 teams were God awful on defense last year and Vandy was just average. They aren't worth a shit. Patterson has done nothing to warrant all of this hype that people are giving him. He may turn into something great, but he isn't great yet. He's pretty average honestly.

Johnson85
08-09-2017, 10:42 AM
I still think they will have a decent team this year. They have a ton of talent on offense. If they improve on defense any then they will be pretty tough.

Are they going to improve on defense though? Their DC was bad, but is McGriff really an update? Or like when we had Cheese, are they going to find out there's a reason he's this late in his career without getting a DC position?

StatesboroBlues
08-09-2017, 10:49 AM
They have a guy as a DC that has never been a DC on any level before. It's almost like they didn't learn from our Sirmon experiment. To say their defense will improve is idiotic. Add to that Luke has never been a head coach before and they will be lucky to reach the 5-7 mark they reached last year. Didn't Freeze call all the offensive plays? Do they have anyone on their coaching staff that has called plays for them before?

Just a heads up if you get into a conversation with Rebs...don't say "at any level". He was a D.C. in mid 90s for some Div 2 school. Him being a DC at an SEC school, at that price, and with a 3 year contract is a joke in itself.

thf24
08-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Just a heads up if you get into a conversation with Rebs...don't say "at any level". He was a D.C. in mid 90s for some Div 2 school. Him being a DC at an SEC school, at that price, and with a 3 year contract is a joke in itself.

To me that's almost worse than never having been a DC. If you get a job in the SEC with no former experience, at least that's saying you obviously have potential to sell. Getting one shot at a very low level than filling lower positions for the next 20 years screams "not cut out for it."

TrapGame
08-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Nothing out of OM's current coaching staff screams to me they'll have a winning season. This has train wreck written all over it. McGriff, Longo and Luke - this is a coaching triumvirate that doesn't put fear in opposing teams at any level.

StatesboroBlues
08-09-2017, 11:37 AM
To me that's almost worse than never having been a DC. If you get a job in the SEC with no former experience, at least that's saying you obviously have potential to sell. Getting one shot at a very low level than filling lower positions for the next 20 years screams "not cut out for it."

Agree...

msbulldog
08-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Even the guy on Ole Miss 247 says the offense is going to be run so fast and they have so little depth on defense, that those defensive players tongues will be wagging in the 2nd half.

MSUDawg99
08-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Illegal Benefits received.....

Well you're a year late on AJ Brown. He played last year as a frosh.

Ari Gold
08-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Malik , Guidry , Whop .... AJ can go be a locker room cancer elsewhere..

FISHDAWG
08-09-2017, 04:32 PM

I thought no players names were in the NOA ... and I convinced at least one of them was paid