PDA

View Full Version : So you wanna know about Troy??

BeastMan
09-18-2013, 12:16 PM
This preview has you covered. (http://3rdand57.com/msu-knowing-the-opponent-troy-trojans/)

Quick hits:
-Troy has the 17th best scoring offense in the nation
-Troy has the 7th best passing offense in the nation
-Their D gives up 25 ppg
-for more in-depth and juicy stats, check out the linky

CJDAWG85
09-18-2013, 12:42 PM
They haven't faced anyone good. Our D-Line should get pressure on Robinson, but they need to get their hands up and deflect some passes. I think he's a short QB. Theyshouldn't be able to stop our O. Only way we don't score is from us not executing or shooting ourselves in the foot.

Bullmutt
09-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Good analysis, Beast! Watched that Ark. St. game, and their DL spent alot of time in Robinson's face and, as you noted, he threw 3 INT's and a few more up for grabs. Like you said, our DL needs to bring it.

blacklistedbully
09-18-2013, 01:01 PM
They haven't faced anyone good. Our D-Line should get pressure on Robinson, but they need to get their hands up and deflect some passes. I think he's a short QB. Theyshouldn't be able to stop our O. Only way we don't score is from us not executing or shooting ourselves in the foot.

Talk about an under-statement. They've narrowly defeated a winless CUSA team (UAB) that got bitch-slapped by LSU 56-17, and crushed a FCS team that was so bad, they barely beat a Division 2 team at home. Had a good game vs Arky State, but jury is still out on whether ASU is very good. We know ASU lost to Auburn 38-9.

I agree with you, we should be able to have our way with them.

BeastMan
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
I hear everything y'all are saying. All I'm saying is that I'm approaching them respectfully and so should our staff. Last years game they outplayed us. They beat us years ago in Starkville. In short, Troy makes me nervous due to our history. All that said, we should roll

CJDAWG85
09-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Last year didn't we jump out 23-7 and ended up holding them off 30-24? I think we kinda figured it was over at that point.

blacklistedbully
09-18-2013, 01:11 PM
I hear everything y'all are saying. All I'm saying is that I'm approaching them respectfully and so should our staff. Last years game they outplayed us. They beat us years ago in Starkville. In short, Troy makes me nervous due to our history. All that said, we should roll

I get it. Anytime any of us starts to feel woolly about an inferior opponent we should, "Remember the Maine". Lord knows we've had more than our fair share of losses versus teams we were expected to dominate. And you're right, Troy gave us fits last year. Still, we are not going to play that same pathetic defensive scheme we did last year. Collins will dial it up.

mparkerfd20
09-18-2013, 01:31 PM
They haven't faced anyone good.

And they won't this week either.

col. forbin
09-18-2013, 01:39 PM

Good synopsis. Remember last time we played Troy in the rain and we saw Dontae Walker's fat ass playing pool in the m club when they cleared the stadium out?

BeastMan
09-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Good synopsis. Remember last time we played Troy in the rain and we saw Dontae Walker's fat ass playing pool in the m club when they cleared the stadium out?

Haha. Ole Dontae. I've tried to block that game from my memory

hacker
09-18-2013, 02:26 PM
And they won't this week either.

Post elsewhere with this shit, please. You're on a Mississippi State messageboard. This adds nothing to the conversation and is not constructive at all.

chef dixon
09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Mullen won't lose to Troy. Losses like that were reserved for our previous coaches.